Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Minimal pitched 808 bass auv3 , contemporary bass synth?

Hello!

I am hoping to find a universal auv3 synth that has really great presets for minimal bass sounds, pitched 808 bass, and other more contemporary bass patches

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Ruismaker Noir.

Thank you these seems great from what I’ve read, but is it best suited for techno/synced rhythm sequencing sort of stuff? All of the sounds I hear in preview videos seem to lean in this direction

Hoping to find something that has a lot of presets for pitched 808 bass + things like the bass you hear around 0:52 here

low Miami feel

• I would use 808 kick samples in a sampler player

• MV08 by @JSMilton. It doesn’t have a pitch envelope unfortunately but you could sequence it with Rozeta.

Elastic Drums has a ton of drum synths plus samples plus automation. Might be overkill though.

MV08 by @JSMilton. It doesn’t have a pitch envelope unfortunately but you could sequence it with Rozeta.

Elastic Drums has a ton of drum synths plus samples plus automation. Might be overkill though.

Thank you for this~ is elastic drums good for bass synths or more drum sounds? Specifically looking for bass synth sounds

Things similar to the bass in this at 1:10

And also the rlly low bass in this Around 0:35

Also the bass on the huncho jack track I posted earlier in the thread

• Well, if you like spending money you could get Cyclop by Sugar Bytes. It’s a (digital) bass monster, currently not on sale but it often is.

Or you could just put a slightly distorted and detuned sine wave with a long delay time one or even two octaves below your bass drum.

Well, if you like spending money you could get Cyclop by Sugar Bytes. It’s a (digital) bass monster, currently not on sale but it often is.

Or you could just put a slightly distorted and detuned sine wave with a long delay time one or even two octaves below your bass drum.

Hmmm just looked into cyclop and is iPad only😪

Are you aware of anything remotely comparable that plays nice with iPhone?

• edited February 2020

Only way to get this sound right is to use an original TR808 modded with pitch or use 808 samples which are already tuned from an original TR808 or tune the samples yourself.

• Ruismaker Noir can do trap basses. It has a pitch mod so you can play it on a keyboard. Not sure about pitch slides though, but it sounds heavy and you should get it anyway.

• @brambos can ruismaker noir do pitch slides/ portamento?

• @JSMilton are the bass samples in MV08 tuned/pitched the way @Shiro describes above or are the 60 included bass samples spread according to some other metric besides pitch?

• Just made a bass drum in DM2 that sounds pretty much like the one in the Soulja Boy video. See screenshot.

Just made a bass drum in DM2 that sounds pretty much like the one in the Soulja Boy video. See screenshot.

Thank you so much for this!! Looks like dm2 is iPad only too though😪😪😪

Well, if you like spending money you could get Cyclop by Sugar Bytes. It’s a (digital) bass monster, currently not on sale but it often is.

Isn’t that kind of bass pretty much what Cyclop was designed for?

• @ahallam said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

Seems to be but cyclop is iPad only and I am on iPhone~ any alternatives come to mind?

• edited February 2020

SynthMaster One should be able to generate super low end 808 bass, no? I haven’t tried myself, Ruismaker Noir satisfies my personal bass needs.

• @ahallam said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

I believe Cyclop was initially inspired by Dubstep, hence the ‘Wobble’ knob. But you can do pretty much anything including loading your own samples. It tends to sound digital however and I think @annahahn was more after an analogue vibe.

• I'd echo the 'give Noir a go' sentiment

• SeekBeats is iPhone compatible and has a very capable drum synth including pitch envelope. See screenshots for a bass drum that should come close.

• @Philandering_Bastard ~ would you call the bass on that skrillex Ed sheeran song I posted a wobble bass? Also would you describe it as more digital or analog?

• @annahahn said:
    @Philandering_Bastard ~ would you call the bass on that skrillex Ed sheeran song I posted a wobble bass? Also would you describe it as more digital or analog?

No. At 1:10 is just a slightly distorted square wave. This is a wobble bass:

• @Philandering_Bastard that’s interesting re distortion~ I’ve never had much luck achieving anything other than a hard clip/overdrive sound when distorting bass tones~ what sort of distortion techniques would you apply to a square wave to achieve a sound like the one in the skrillex track?

• @ahallam said:
    SynthMaster One should be able to generate super low end 808 bass, no? I haven’t tried myself, Ruismaker Noir satisfies my personal bass needs.

Here’s another recommendation for Elastic Drums

• @annahahn said:
    @Philandering_Bastard that’s interesting re distortion~ I’ve never had much luck achieving anything other than a hard clip/overdrive sound when distorting bass tones~ what sort of distortion techniques would you apply to a square wave to achieve a sound like the one in the skrillex track?

Audio Damage Grind

• @annahahn said:
    @Philandering_Bastard that’s interesting re distortion~ I’ve never had much luck achieving anything other than a hard clip/overdrive sound when distorting bass tones~ what sort of distortion techniques would you apply to a square wave to achieve a sound like the one in the skrillex track?

I just created a bass sound with two slightly detuned square waves going into a LP with fairly high Q at around 170 Hz. No distortion necessary imo.

• @animalelder said:

@annahahn said:

Audio Damage Grind

Indeed.

• Toneboosters Enhancers gets me into the beefy sub-bass territory better than any other plugin. Rather than distorting the sub frequencies it allows you to create harmonic content above the sub frequencies.

SeekBeats is iPhone compatible and has a very capable drum synth including pitch envelope. See screenshots for a bass drum that should come close.

This made me look at Unique, which I picked up for iPhone on BF and haven’t touched yet.

• @bcrichards said:
    Toneboosters Enhancers gets me into the beefy sub-bass territory better than any other plugin. Rather than distorting the sub frequencies it allows you to create harmonic content above the sub frequencies.

👍

• SynthDrum kick.

I used it to make that trap style 808 boom bass. Just used a roughrider 2 compressor to get that sound.