Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

quick tip video: recording midi from aum into xequence

edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

this is how simple it is to record midifx from AUM into xequence. i am using x1 here for demonstration purposes as i assume most people who dabble with xequence have the original version.

@SevenSystems if you have anything to add that i may have missed or if there’s other options please let us know!

Comments

• a great feature that i tried to show off here is that whatever instrument you select the midi automatically is going to route to that channel so you don’t have to keep configuring stuff, it’sa one n done kinda thing

• edited February 2020

i’m going to attempt to make a similar video showing multi track recording with xequence 2 today if anyone is interested

i haven’t attempted it yet but i think i can finger it out

• edited February 2020

Good work @reasOne Thanks! I'm very interested in a multi track recording with Xequence 2 video.

• @reasOne said:
    i’m going to attempt to make a similar video showing multi track recording with xequence 2 today if anyone is interested

As easy as pressing the „Arrow-Button“ and feeding MIDI into it. Have fun :smile:

• @Pierre118 said:
    Good work @reasOne Thanks! I'm very interested in a multi track recording with Xequence 2 video

def! might as well post a quick screen cap to show how simple it is even tho i , and others are super intimidated at first

@MrBlaschke said:

@reasOne said:

As easy as pressing the „Arrow-Button“ and feeding MIDI into it. Have fun :smile:

haha just noticed that..wow that’s so dang easy!

• I really wish Xequence was an AU, because I really dislike app switching.

• @auxmux said:
    I really wish Xequence was an AU, because I really dislike app switching.

Buy a second iDevice and feed over that. No app switching :smile:

• @MrBlaschke said:

@auxmux said:

Haha, already do. So might resort to that, but then midi and audio is split across two devices. Not the worst thing.

• @auxmux said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@auxmux said:

Haha, already do. So might resort to that, but then midi and audio is split across two devices. Not the worst thing.

@auxmux said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@auxmux said:

Nope. Definitely not. Did that in my last projects and worked a treat. Also saves some processing resources on the „Sound device“
    You can share the MID files any time - the mapping needs to change though. But that is quickly done.

• edited February 2020

i honestly dislike app switching most the time....but for this it really isn’t bothering me at all , it makes sense... it’s a mega sequencer that’s doing everything i’ve been looking for and this separates my instruments from the recording but keeps em close enough that literally a small swipe brings me to..

• @reasOne I noticed an CPU spike when you app switch, does this create crackled audio when in use?

• @Shiro said:
    @reasOne I noticed an CPU spike when you app switch, does this create crackled audio when in use?

so far no crackles... but i haven’t pushed to the max yet hehe i’m still breaking it in... the most it done is 5 synths and probably 8 effects including modulation from rozeta lfo and modulation from within xequence...

• @reasOne said:

@Shiro said:
    @reasOne I noticed an CPU spike when you app switch, does this create crackled audio when in use?

so far no crackles... but i haven’t pushed to the max yet hehe i’m still breaking it in... the most it done is 5 synths and probably 8 effects including modulation from rozeta lfo and modulation from within xequence...

Would like to see the V2 version also if you get a moment...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:

@Shiro said:

Would like to see the V2 version also if you get a moment...

ya man i can work that n

• edited February 2020

just messing around and discovered a fun trick..sequence your synth...switch it from mono to poly as it plays thru... i flip it back n forth about every 4 bars... this is random tho so not exact timing 😎
    try this fellow mag2 dabbler @Fruitbat1919

• @Shiro said:

It crackles if the CPU is nearly maxed out (for eg. in AUM) when switching (for eg to X2) - doesn’t matter what apps you switch.
    That’s the nature of CPU using.

• edited February 2020

@MrBlaschke said:

@Shiro said:

It crackles if the CPU is nearly maxed out (for eg. in AUM) when switching (for eg to X2) - doesn’t matter what apps you switch.
    That’s the nature of CPU using.

I notice less CPU spikes when opening AUv3 apps within AUM, the CPU spikes are greater when switching back/forth AUM and another standalone apps.

• @reasOne said:
    just messing around and discovered a fun trick..sequence your synth...switch it from mono to poly as it plays thru... i flip it back n forth about every 4 bars... this is random tho so not exact timing 😎

Kinda fun. I tried it on a preset with StepPolyArp playing Mag2 with Matrix Send Midi LFOing the filter, while pressing the Poly button on and off lol. Things we do for fun :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

Kinda fun. I tried it on a preset with StepPolyArp playing Mag2 with Matrix Send Midi LFOing the filter, while pressing the Poly button on and off lol. Things we do for fun :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

it’s the little things for fun haha... when the notes start to over lap and go from mono to poly it just hits the sweet spot! haha

• @reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

it’s the little things for fun haha... when the notes start to over lap and go from mono to poly it just hits the sweet spot! haha

I’ve now got the switch automated by a square wave LFO

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

I’ve now got the switch automated by a square wave LFO

that’sa great idea... can you set it to switch it every 4 bars or what not?

• You could host your synths and Xequence in Audiobus and use audiobus remote to switch. That's what I do and it seems pretty smooth/CPU friendly.

• @cian said:
    You could host your synths and Xequence in Audiobus and use audiobus remote to switch. That's what I do and it seems pretty smooth/CPU friendly.

i’ll give that a whirl! i’m obsessed with xequence right now anyway lol

• Agree. Think the cpu having to show the homepage icons or whatever so that’s why i rather use the SB3 app switcher.

@cian said:
    You could host your synths and Xequence in Audiobus and use audiobus remote to switch. That's what I do and it seems pretty smooth/CPU friendly.

• Yeah would like to see how you set it up in AUM midi matrix and your X2 settings.

@reasOne said:

@Pierre118 said:
    Good work @reasOne Thanks! I'm very interested in a multi track recording with Xequence 2 video

def! might as well post a quick screen cap to show how simple it is even tho i , and others are super intimidated at first

@MrBlaschke said:

@reasOne said:

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Yeah would like to see how you set it up in AUM midi matrix and your X2 settings.

@reasOne said:

@Pierre118 said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@reasOne said:

cool!! i’ll be jamming in the morning, night shifter, and i’ll do a quick from scratch set up. my goal is to have this thing feel like second nature but the end of this weekend!