Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beta testers wanted: AUv3 MIDI to CV/Gate converter

2»

Comments

• Another thing that is very annoying on apple’s side, is that I can’t post a review in App Store, it says that I need to own it,,, but I do.
    So any of you gals and guys who like covariant, please rate it in App Store so you give the developer some credit, and that the app shows up in searches, I really want this to go well, because there is nothing like this out there, covariant and miRack is it, and they fill a big gap in iPad music, and I want them to continue being developed, so please rate it.

Sorry for me wining, peace and love, bobb

• Can this app just use the headphone out from an iPad, as I think they are DC coupled, or do you need a multichannel interface?

• @bobbfett said:
    One thing that I’ve discovered lately, is that AUM takes for granted on my es-9 that output channel 9 is left, and 10 is right, 11 left and 12 right,,, and so on, and I think it works similar on the es-8.
    So if I want to add two clocks, I can’t put them on 9 and 10, I have to put them on 9 and 11 output.

That had me puzzled for a moment, but I see what you're saying: the clock is always on the left channel so even if you select a single mono output it's always tied to the odd-numbered channel in the pair.

I'll put an option to swap the channels into Clock and Trigger. CoVariant itself would be more complex: it's easy to reverse the outputs on a single stereo bus but, thanks to the way multi-bus AU's work, not so easy to make the six outputs freely assignable.

• @bobbfett said:
    Another thing that is very annoying on apple’s side, is that I can’t post a review in App Store, it says that I need to own it,,, but I do.

Odd. It makes me wonder whether there might be something up with the App Store: CVquencer has had ratings and reviews but CoVariant has absolutely nothing across all countries.

Or maybe people just don't like it... :'( ;)

• @DYMS said:
    Can this app just use the headphone out from an iPad, as I think they are DC coupled, or do you need a multichannel interface?

You could use the headphone output but the voltages generated would be low. I think the maximum the iPad is capable of is around +/- 1 Volt, so you'd need some sort of multiplier or amplifier to bring it up to Eurorack levels.

I'm also not so sure the outputs on all the devices are still DC coupled; my own iPad Mini 4 certainly isn't.

• Ah, covariant works really well, so swapping is something you would seldom want to do, if ever, so it’s not that important. But great with the clock, fun to fill all 8 out channels with different clocks, could be crazy mixing them. Thank you for fantastic app, I’ve seen it mentioned on different threads, just a bit mad that no one rates it.

• OK, how about this:

You can see the channels swapping over in AUM's meters.

• @AlanC3 said:

@bobbfett said:
    Another thing that is very annoying on apple’s side, is that I can’t post a review in App Store, it says that I need to own it,,, but I do.

Odd. It makes me wonder whether there might be something up with the App Store: CVquencer has had ratings and reviews but CoVariant has absolutely nothing across all countries.

Or maybe people just don't like it... :'( ;)

You should try hitting up some music youtubers (mylar melodies, bo beats, div kid, Ricky tines) or CDM (Create digital music) for some reviews and exposure.

• @AlanC3 said:
    OK, how about this:

You can see the channels swapping over in AUM's meters.

Wow, super easy. That’s great, now we can put clocks anywhere, thanx.

• edited June 2020

Updated beta available now. :)

@bobbfett The fact you can't rate or review the app is likely because you're running the beta. The App Store saves ratings by version, and you're running one that hasn't been released yet.

• @AlanC3 said:
    Updated beta available now. :)

@bobbfett The fact you can't rate or review the app is likely because you're running the beta. The App Store saves ratings by version, and you're running one that hasn't been released yet.

I tried to un’beta, but it didn’t work either, I think it’s because I got a promotion code. If I could I would un promote, and buy it, so I could rate. But I can’t.

• Can I also join the beta please?

• @ForAiur said:
    Can I also join the beta please?

I've sent you a PM with the link. :)

• Version 1.1.0 (14) has been through review and is now pending release. I'll be closing down the beta in a couple of days.

Thanks to everyone who has tested the new version. :)

• Thank you for a great app

• @AlanC3 said:
    Version 1.1.0 (14) has been through review and is now pending release. I'll be closing down the beta in a couple of days.

Thanks to everyone who has tested the new version. :)

That’s great! More time to CVquencer? 😉

• This looks neat. I don’t think I’ll be getting a DC coupled interface anytime soon though. Still, I just got my first semi-modular it’s kind of a neat idea.

• edited July 2020

Yea its fantastic considering what all those midi sequencers, modulators would cost if you bought hardware modules. I think covariant is a no brainer, for me having aum as a mixer sequencer, extra modulator for my eurorack

• Hi @AlanC3 , Just bought covariant . I have an ES-9. Have fallen even before any hurdles have come into view.

Have opened Covariant in AUM. And a sequencer (Zoa). Zoa is connected to covariant in the mixer matrix, but that's as far as I have got.
    The calibration button is greyed out (?)

I am new to Eurorack, and fairly new to iOS. Could you possibly explain how to get me up and running, in very simple terms please? Thanks!