Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Model:Cycles

Comments

• @reasOne said:
    those cycles machines sound so great

I'd say if you like the Cycles sound, get it. I suspect not having to worry about loading which samples is a different mindset altogether. Heck, get both the Cycles and Samples. :D I have the Samples and consider the Cycles because of this.

• yeah, the samples doesn't sample anyway switching out sample sets is a little tedious but for me personally not a reason not to get an MS. but like Artj said get both

• @Artj said:

@reasOne said:
    those cycles machines sound so great

I'd say if you like the Cycles sound, get it. I suspect not having to worry about loading which samples is a different mindset altogether. Heck, get both the Cycles and Samples. :D I have the Samples and consider the Cycles because of this.

@kobamoto said:
    yeah, the samples doesn't sample anyway switching out sample sets is a little tedious but for me personally not a reason not to get an MS. but like Artj said get both

ya i realize like the volca it doesn’t sample in which is a bummer... but not to big a deal, right? lol
    can you load long samples like pads and arps in? or do you load up like quick one shots?
    for me id wanna sample ios synth sounds , plucks, notes whatever then use that elektron sequencer to make ‘em sound in ways i came in ios

• @reasOne said:
    can you load long samples like pads and arps in? or do you load up like quick one shots?

There is some limits if you want to build a slow-moving drone due to its envelope, but yes you can load long samples. I use the MS to build a whole song, not just a drum tracks. You can lock the samples, which helps.

• @Artj said:

@reasOne said:

There is some limits if you want to build a slow-moving drone due to its envelope, but yes you can load long samples. I use the MS to build a whole song, not just a drum tracks. You can lock the samples, which helps.

just ordered it! detroit modular had one left woot. i’m sure i’ll want the cycles next haha

• FYI... so apparently electron has not fixed the issues with USB audio. I initially bought a m:s due to the theoretical class compliant audio. At first I thought they fixed it on the m:c as it seems to be working. But after using the new, and awesome Tensor app with it, and recording into AUM, I’ve discovered that usb audio cuts out after a random period of time... Bummer, but I’m keeping the m:c because as a “groove box” it’s awesome. Especially for the price.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    FYI... so apparently electron has not fixed the issues with USB audio. I initially bought a m:s due to the theoretical class compliant audio. At first I thought they fixed it on the m:c as it seems to be working. But after using the new, and awesome Tensor app with it, and recording into AUM, I’ve discovered that usb audio cuts out after a random period of time... Bummer, but I’m keeping the m:c because as a “groove box” it’s awesome. Especially for the price.

have you tried it with the tender app tho 🤣😎
    that’sa bummer, lets hold on to faith they come thru with an update

• man you bought the samples new, you coulda got a smashing deal on reverb etc.. the used prices are just too good, it's hard for me to look at them and not get another one. I guess allot of people grabbed a cycles and thought there would be too much overlap but they really compliment each other

• @kobamoto said:
    man you bought the samples new, you coulda got a smashing deal on reverb etc.. the used prices are just too good, it's hard for me to look at them and not get another one. I guess allot of people grabbed a cycles and thought there would be too much overlap but they really compliment each other

i no longer buy used stuff unless it’s something i can see and play with first, or know the person... i’ve bought two used pieces of music gear and been burnt , one i was able to fix, the other took a dump a month later.... i prefer the comfort of knowing its new , plus i love to support small business, especially right now when they probably aren’t selling much... , got it at detroit modular for 270$ , didn’t seem to bad.... but if i got a second one id probably get it used hehe...i feel you tho it’s hard to pass up used prices but i just like new stuff and knowing it’s not been dropped yet ...one of the reasons i came over to ios actually. super excited to jam on this thing he shipped it today usps priority so hoping to have it monday as it’s only 5 hours from my house!

• edited March 2020

@reasOne said:

@kobamoto said:
    man you bought the samples new, you coulda got a smashing deal on reverb etc.. the used prices are just too good, it's hard for me to look at them and not get another one. I guess allot of people grabbed a cycles and thought there would be too much overlap but they really compliment each other

i no longer buy used stuff unless it’s something i can see and play with first, or know the person... i’ve bought two used pieces of music gear and been burnt , one i was able to fix, the other took a dump a month later.... i prefer the comfort of knowing its new , plus i love to support small business, especially right now when they probably aren’t selling much... , got it at detroit modular for 270$ , didn’t seem to bad.... but if i got a second one id probably get it used hehe...i feel you tho it’s hard to pass up used prices but i just like new stuff and knowing it’s not been dropped yet ...one of the reasons i came over to ios actually. super excited to jam on this thing he shipped it today usps priority so hoping to have it monday as it’s only 5 hours from my house!

I'm the same way... first one 'crispy New' additional I go with used... it's getting so that I'll be able to pull a used one for 150/175 in not too long
    I predict you're gonna love it

• edited March 2020

speaking of shipping, you guys doing anything to protect yourselves from packages... lysol spray etc..? I get too many packages and I'd surely die for my art but... not really :#

• edited March 2020

@kobamoto said:
    speaking of shipping, you guys doing anything to protect yourselves from packages... lysol spray etc..? I get too many packages and I'd surely die for my art but... not really :#

I mean I just have isopropyl alc at about 75% (diluted from 99%) in a spray bottle and I open boxes on the porch and spray the inner boxes and items with the iso (wearing gloves of course, then strip gloves off and take items inside. If u have a garage even better. I do this with my groceries too

Edit: don’t spray your gear directly! It can handle a wipe with a sprayed rag tho

• I've been wiping stuff down with sanitizer wipes lol but I wanna start spraying boxes

• @reasOne said:
    i’m sure i’ll want the cycles next haha

You and me! :D

• @kobamoto said:

@reasOne said:

@kobamoto said:

I'm the same way... first one 'crispy New' additional I go with used... it's getting so that I'll be able to pull a used one for 150/175 in not too long
    I predict you're gonna love it

man i can’t wait!!! looking at some of the elektron sound packs just to have for easy loading too! seems like as long as they are wav should be good

@Artj said:

@reasOne said:
    i’m sure i’ll want the cycles next haha

You and me! :D

😎 3 months i’ll probably have it haha

• A guy that makes iPad apps for various Elektron devices is beta testing for a new app for the cycles. Only had a few moments with the beta but it seems cool. Randomize for the win!

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/ios-tensor/125870/17

• @SanMateo said:
    A guy that makes iPad apps for various Elektron devices is beta testing for a new app for the cycles. Only had a few moments with the beta but it seems cool. Randomize for the win!

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/ios-tensor/125870/17

oh sh*t, thanks

• edited March 2020

wow this dev shoulda been over here already this looks wonderful, has he made anything for the model samples?...

off to look for some clips of his apps in action

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/8/d/8dd5eb584d5c82e9e4908f27dd7d6b2808da34ab.png

• @kobamoto said:
    has he made anything for the model samples?...

I read somewhere that a similar thing for MS will come later? Yes to randomize!

• @kobamoto said:
    wow this dev shoulda been over here already this looks wonderful, has he made anything for the model samples?...

off to look for some clips of his apps in action

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/8/d/8dd5eb584d5c82e9e4908f27dd7d6b2808da34ab.png

Collider for Rytm kicks ass as well.

Most valuable part to Tensor in my mind is the voice randomization and morph.

His ui approach takes a bit of time to get used to I think, but it’s all good stuff.

Also check out poly phase as an awesome generative melodic sequencer!

• @kobamoto what @Artj said. Once this is done Samples to follow.

@MonkeyDrummer i forgot it was the same guy. +1 on the UI needing some work.

• @SanMateo said:
    @kobamoto what @Artj said. Once this is done Samples to follow.

@MonkeyDrummer i forgot it was the same guy. +1 on the UI needing some work.

I don’t think it needs work, just different.

• These demos do a great job of showing how big of a sound palette M:C has, whole tracks using only 1 machine each:

Chords:
    Snare:
    Kick:

• @kobamoto that app now also works with Model:Samples

• @SanMateo said:
    @kobamoto that app now also works with Model:Samples

great news, thank you

• a bit off top but sweet none the less

• edited April 2020

Got mine yesterday. It might sound silly but the biggest hurdle for me ATM is just how big of a turn off every aspect of the design feels: squint at the small screen, awkward wobbly rubber switches, pads that make you regret their velocity sensitivity with their small size and low sensitivity (you need to hammer them to get a velocity range, but you don’t want to with their size and feel). Touching and looking at this machine is so unpleasant that spending time with it is begs you to search for an alternative. Mind you, I was aware that the tactile and visual design seem to be the commonly agreed negatives (eg from most YouTube reviews of the M:C and M:S). I’m still taken aback by just how off putting the package turns out to be.

Musically it seems to hit the spot for me, but not sure yet if that will prove enough to make it a keeper.

• @ohwell said:
    Got mine yesterday. It might sound silly but the biggest hurdle for me ATM is just how big of a turn off every aspect of the design feels: squint at the small screen, awkward wobbly rubber switches, pads that make you regret their velocity sensitivity with their small size and low sensitivity (you need to hammer them to get a velocity range, but you don’t want to with their size and feel). Touching and looking at this machine is so unpleasant that spending time with it is begs you to search for an alternative. Mind you, I was aware that the tactile and visual design seem to be the commonly agreed negatives (eg from most YouTube reviews of the M:C and M:S). I’m still taken aback by just how off putting the package turns out to be.

Musically it seems to hit the spot for me, but not sure yet if that will prove enough to make it a keeper.

wow!!.. I love the way they both feel and look especially, I'm one of the few I guess that has not put any stickers on mine as I really love it, but I'm not the type that goes for the skittles and rainbow bright designs all over everything.
    I do understand how much of an issue what you're going through can be though as I'm super sensitive about the aesthetics as well. How your instrument feels and looks to you is immensely important in how it makes you feel while you're using it to create!

• Re: the design the "clinical" vibe is one of the things that attracted me to the 'Samples: The display window mirrors the overall aesthetic which is as plain as can be for a machine that is mostly "all on one page" functionality. To me these units say: here are six voices, a bunch of controls and the blank slate is all Yours now Go!

@kobamoto have you got your 'Cycles yet m'man? I see No signs of availability as a non-pre-orderer on these.