Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Model:Cycles

Comments

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@reasOne said:

@iammane said:

@Shiro said:

@reasOne said:
    ebays gonna be full of these in about 8 months

I think you are right on that.

Well, but... was that the case with Samples? I mean I saw a bunch on Reverb but no more than OPZ's or any other grooveboxy type thing.

i know you can do a lot with the built in sound modules but it does seem a bit confining and i assume only the most creative will be able to really get a lot of original sounds from it so that’s why i see this in particular ending up for sale in larger quantities faster

Yea, no one is ever going to be able to do creative things with such a limited range of sounds... I mean... no way something like a piano, geetar, or trumpet, with ONLY ONE SOUND will ever be useful.

sarcasm thick as my aunts hips here 🤣

• @kobamoto said:

Love this guy

• I got one today, it’s my favourite elektron machine. I have the OT, AR, DT...
    They’ve nailed this one. Love it.

• @shiro, me too, I could sample him all day long

• @Dchild said:
    I got one today, it’s my favourite elektron machine. I have the OT, AR, DT...
    They’ve nailed this one. Love it.

Yup... and the class compliant with iOS seems to actually work with this one.

• i’m getting one i’ve been convinced

• edited March 2020

@reasOne said:
    i’m getting one i’ve been convinced

If you like the sounds its fm engines makes, it’s prob the biggest no-brainer in music gear right now. Hands down.

Electron sequencer with midi out (!!!)
    Knob per function (mostly) of 6 chromatic synth engines

For less than the price of some shitty midi controllers!

The only real risk is that because it’s so cheap every will have one and assuming we’re all still alive in a year, the sound will be everywhere! 🤪

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@reasOne said:

If you like the sounds its fm engines makes, it’s prob the biggest no-brainer in music gear right now. Hands down.

The only real risk is that because it’s so cheap every will have one and assuming we’re all still alive in a year, the sound will be everywhere! 🤪

that was my original concern was that the sounds, while i’m sure you can come up with a wide variety of cool stuff, they aren’t super vast and will repeat over multiple projects and users, im mostly interested in the drum sequencer, ive never played an elektron instrument but i hear the craziest drum patterns come from them, unfortunately i can’t figure out how to do that on ios so maybe after a play with this i’ll be able to understand it better, would be really cool if you can sequence ios with it too! and ya it’s cheaper than a lot of garbage midi controllers lol

• edited March 2020

Sound wise I think drambo is stronger, it lacks the physical knobs though. Of course drambo is a sample player and recorder So it is like a cycles and samples.

It doesn't have note repeat on the pads which i like to see though.

• edited March 2020

@Shiro said:
    Sound wise I think drambo is stronger, it lacks the physical knobs though. Of course drambo is a sample player and recorder So it is like a cycles and samples.

i bet drambo is gonna be great.... but we don’t have drambo or no when we will! a man can only guesstimate for so long.. so for meow imma order one o these , run thru ipad effects in aum 😎😍

• @reasOne said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@reasOne said:

that was my original concern was that the sounds, while i’m sure you can come up with a wide variety of cool stuff, they aren’t super vast and will repeat over multiple projects and users, im mostly interested in the drum sequencer, ive never played an elektron instrument but i hear the craziest drum patterns come from them, unfortunately i can’t figure out how to do that on ios so maybe after a play with this i’ll be able to understand it better, would be really cool if you can sequence ios with it too! and ya it’s cheaper than a lot of garbage midi controllers lol

If you don’t like the fm sound, then the next biggest no brainer is The Novation circuit mono station. Brand new, direct from Novation on Reverb for like $250!

It’s sequencer is the bomb as well. And the fact you can do this thing they call “patch flip” which is like electrons plock or sound-lock you can use it as a drum machine or something like that where every step can be a different voice/sound. Insanely powerful yet stupid easy to use with basically control per function on the face plate and modulation options that would choke a modular system. Watch loopop’s vid where he goes over the like 50+ mod destinations.

And the lil fucker has audio in, so could route a m:c through it.. so for basically $60p you have a performance rig that would ride rings around a system costing well over $1000 just a few years ago.

Crazy

• @Shiro said:

You’re comparing apples and elephants dude...

• @MonkeyDrummer Nice reminder about mono station. Why is this reminding me that Arturia is surely working on a drumFreak strapping the Plaits percussion engines they cut out of microfreak onto their drum sequencer? 🤓

• When using the usb audio with iOS, can model cycles be used as the audio output for iOS?

• @ohwell said:
    When using the usb audio with iOS, can model cycles be used as the audio output for iOS?

Yup. Shows up in AUM as just a pair (l/r) of usb outs.

So far it’s working... but i returned my m:s on day one ‘cause it didn’t... so fingers crossed.

• if you're talking about monitoring iOS through the model samples it worked on mine, did you try it on another one before you returned yours?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@reasOne said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@reasOne said:

If you don’t like the fm sound, then the next biggest no brainer is The Novation circuit mono station. Brand new, direct from Novation on Reverb for like $250!

It’s sequencer is the bomb as well. And the fact you can do this thing they call “patch flip” which is like electrons plock or sound-lock you can use it as a drum machine or something like that where every step can be a different voice/sound. Insanely powerful yet stupid easy to use with basically control per function on the face plate and modulation options that would choke a modular system. Watch loopop’s vid where he goes over the like 50+ mod destinations.

And the lil fucker has audio in, so could route a m:c through it.. so for basically $60p you have a performance rig that would ride rings around a system costing well over $1000 just a few years ago.

Crazy

ahhh dang i didn’t even think about that one!!!! that sounds sick!
    i do like the fm sound and all the stuff on YT i’ve heard from the cycles...i prefer the sample but you can’t sample in so it’sa deal breaker for me i don’t want to record samples somewhere else then transfer them in, that’s dumb.
    imma look into that novation. i’m kinda wanting more hardware as im hitting too many stops in ios workflow on its own. still love all my ios synths but arranging tracks is harder but having a few piecss of hardware in front of me is what i’m missing in my life

• @MonkeyDrummer wow that things old 🤣 i thought maybe there was a new version out... i’ll have to watch some videos on it and the sequencer...i do mostly ambient type stuff with weird glitchy / ratcht drums so imma have to see what she can do... either way it’ll look good next to a cycles i imagine 😎

• reasone you already have a digitakt?

• @kobamoto said:
    reasone you already have a digitakt?

nope, no elektron gear yet :(

• @reasOne said:

@kobamoto said:

think you'd love it... and you can sample with it and do more than you can with the model samples.... but the model samples workflow is still superior... of course that won't count for the things it can't do like sample.

I traded my digitakt for an mc-707...... worst mistake ever, gotta get another one.

• Any tips on where to order model cycles from ATM in the US?

• @kobamoto said:

@reasOne said:

@kobamoto said:

think you'd love it... and you can sample with it and do more than you can with the model samples.... but the model samples workflow is still superior... of course that won't count for the things it can't do like sample.

I traded my digitakt for an mc-707...... worst mistake ever, gotta get another one.

oh that sounds like a bad trade!! but at the time sounds good haha. you can sample right into the digitakt right,,,??
    that sample workflow seems dope but i just hate sample transferring ugh!!

• yep you can sample right into the digitakt.

• Placed order for m:cycles from perfect circuit. They have 10% off for extra sweetness. It’s back ordered though, hopefully will get here before the end of the at home lockfest!

The immediacy of the 4 knob machines, hands on sequencing/performance power, connectivity/form factor, and price point are the perfect storm for me at a time where I’m aching for electronic music time away from the computer/tablet, and I have no space for leaving music stuff plugged & ready to go.

• @ohwell said:
    Placed order for m:cycles from perfect circuit. They have 10% off for extra sweetness. It’s back ordered though, hopefully will get here before the end of the at home lockfest!

The immediacy of the 4 knob machines, hands on sequencing/performance power, connectivity/form factor, and price point are the perfect storm for me at a time where I’m aching for electronic music time away from the computer/tablet, and I have no space for leaving music stuff plugged & ready to go.

sounds like the perfect choice, I had no intentions of ending up with one, I was ready and waiting for the digitakt mk2 but the cycles really won me over

• sold out every where! ugh! take my money

• definitely best to pre order

• @kobamoto said:
    definitely best to pre order

thinking about grabbing the samples instead, so i can sample in ios synths... but man those cycles machines sound so great