Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Model:Cycles

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @Littlewoodg said:

Seeing the Red Means Record video
    1. Made me want one
    2. Made me look up Digitone videos
    3. Sent me back to Elastic Drums

Ha! Well said.
    That sounds about right. My big problem with ED is that it's possible to get a basic track going, but usually I overdo it and then it won't play with other sounds nicely. Have to remember to either just use its drums or its FM sounds or its samples.

That’s my problem generally, always over doing it, deploying all flavors in every setting...

• edited February 2020

I don't make this kind of music but, the duo is just a clean , super easy, extremely capable setup me thinks with twin workflows

no brainer at this price

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:
    thing I don't like about my Samples is the resolution, hopefully they update it to give it the pitch resolution of the cycles, but yeah any improvement in build quality would be an improvement

Wow!

You have made my day!

I have huge hang ups about it!

I always feel I get a better sound from same non normalized sample out Circuit!

And AND while we are having real talk...I had issues pre Catalina w interface function being dodgy con Ableton y tambien en Catalina now, it freezes Ableton and messes up Link when try audio out of Model!

Careful I thought I had major issue took 2 hard restart w major anxiety but regained pre attempt status.

Issue for me is total disregard for my emails or comments to them.

I actually decided against Rythm for Xmas due to cocky unhelpful response I got from Elektron rep in email. Super unprofessional as I have EVER experienced.

Still on fence about another Elektron product versus modular alternative.

by Samples I meant my 'model samples' the pitch resolution on the model cycles is much finer than on the Model Samples and I hope they address that on the model samples cause it's annoying

• edited February 2020

@kobamoto said:
    I don't make this kind of music but, the duo is just a clean , super easy, extremely capable setup me thinks with twin workflows

no brainer at this price

I think you’ve got your finger on it. A lot of friends are bummed about how each box is nerfed/crippled compared to Elektron’s spendier boxes - but seeing the two working together like this makes me think of the Korg Volca thing. Don’t these two together come in lower in $ than one Digitone, while being a wider playground? (I could be wrong, if so I’ll just quietly go back to my Elastic Drums)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welp. Pre-ordered. I'm sure all the tens of dollars I make on my next release will warrant the purchase.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Seeing the Red Means Record video
    1. Made me want one
    2. Made me look up Digitone videos
    3. Sent me back to Elastic Drums

😅
    GAS works best if one can push the mute button of the rational part of the brain.
    It's wiser to make good use of it though 😇

• In Japan these are about 415 dollars (¥45000). For those of you that have it (or are considering it) would you pay that price for it, or is part of it’s appeal the low cost?

• @DYMS I only have the Model:Samples and had pre-ordered it for $399 at the time of release and never once thought it was overpriced.

• edited March 2020

got the model samples for 339, twas worth it, the cycles for 299 is worth it for me but $415 I dunno bout that. Looks pretty versatile when you break it down though so I'm not saying it's not worth it just that I don't know if I pay that...

it's kind of hard to not grab another model samples though at the use prices I've seen them at

• edited March 2020

@StudioES said:
    I wonder how Twisted Electrons got around the glitches when modulating the parameters on those old FM chips.
    Wasn't YM2612 used in the old Soundblaster-type soundcards from the 90s?

the 2496?
    or maybe you mean the soundblaster 16 huh

• edited March 2020

Now this is something cool! The weird old YM2612 glitchiness under full control.
    If I had to choose, this would be my box. Not that boring Model:Cycles sound.

Looks like the roots of the box are here:

• yeah twisted's got a few little boxes that peak my interest but I almost grabbed a model cycles today... but I gotta way until I see what's up polyends sleeve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=aP85eB8prCo&feature=emb_logo

• @StudioES said:
    I wonder how Twisted Electrons got around the glitches when modulating the parameters on those old FM chips.
    Wasn't YM2612 used in the old Soundblaster-type soundcards from the 90s?

Why get around glitches when that's exactly what prople are looking for?
    😄

• I just now ordered my first Elektron gear - Machinedrum UW, and I keep hearing Digitone is one of the best melodic pairings with it. Can’t really afford that for now though, so I’m considering Cycles as an affordable alternative.

How do you think cycles compares to SP LXR? Recently saw a pre-built lxr for under $400 and it seems to run circles around cycles spec wise, though not sure how it’d stack up to it with workflow or sound.

• @Eschatone said:
    I just now ordered my first Elektron gear - Machinedrum UW, and I keep hearing Digitone is one of the best melodic pairings with it. Can’t really afford that for now though, so I’m considering Cycles as an affordable alternative.

How do you think cycles compares to SP LXR? Recently saw a pre-built lxr for under $400 and it seems to run circles around cycles spec wise, though not sure how it’d stack up to it with workflow or sound.

Couple of things, since you just got the Machinedrum UW you may want to check out this thread over at Elektronauts. I also recommend spending some time over there if you don't already.

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/machinedrum-sps1-uw-os-1-70-released-unofficial/12132

I don't know the SP LXR but before jumping into another piece of kit I would say spend some time getting to know the Machinedrum, I have not used one but like any of their gear it takes sometime to get your head around. From what I understand the Machinedrum might be one of the easier ones to groak, but again never used it myself. One thing though, in regard to the DN/MC and MD the sequencers are a bit different. I don't believe the MD has some of the newer features (scale per track) but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, enjoy the new gear!

• edited March 2020

@Eschatone Machinedrum UW is my favorite drum machine. I have owned it for years and still feel like I've only scratched the surface of what it's capable of. It can be tough to get it sounding "great" but it is so versatile. Try not to get discouraged and sell it in the first 6 months because you will regret it afterwards (or at least I did, and then bought it back for more $.. and so did the guy who I bought it from!)

If you aren't happy with your results from the synthesis engines it can be a lot more instantly rewarding by loading some decent samples with the C6 app. But the synth engines are immensely powerful. One trick for learning it's capabilities is to try every parameter at it's highest and lowest extremeties. Sometimes what starts as a cowbell can be turned into a crazy bass synth. Stuff like that.

Some things to try:

• make a kit of 16 sine machines. Note the sine machines are tuned to 16 notes per scale so it will sound unique but not easy to match it up with other gear
    • find and load up the MD808 and MD909 kits
    • use an impulse machine to trigger other gear
    • learn how to use the UW to live record and replay samples all within the same pattern! This is endless fun for live remixing of other gear. Watch defrenestration's videos, he also does live resampling of the UW internally and then mixing that in.
    • use the master EQ to boost bass/treble a bit
    • learn to use slides! This is a signature part of the machinedrum sound.
    • try my machinedrum sound randomizer Mozaic script

I would not bother with another drum machine until you've really gotten the hang of the machinedrum. I've read the LXR has good sounds but much less intuitive sequencing. For other drums, the Rytm is a good pair for the machinedrum. Not as much overlap as you might expect. So is the octatrack. For melodic stuff I really enjoy triggering older gear like a jx-3p or sh-101 and feeding the audio back into the machinedrum for live sampling.

• edited March 2020

been on my mind too, the morph feature is sweet

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES Do you have any Monomachine wavetables? (from the oscillators)
    Maybe they can be converted to Serum format for import into Groove Rider.

• how much fun is the monomachine in practice?

• edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020