Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Model:Cycles

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Anybody on the fence should hear these soundcloud tracks. Some of them are pretty amazing.

Agreed. And good composers don't care about the machine.
    You could do the same with Groove Rider or whatever capable app you prefer...

• all about feeling, workflow, fun

• @kobamoto said:
    ...but....... with panning!!!!

:lol:

• I hope @brambos does Ruismaker with multi-out, then def no need for this.

• @auxmux said:
    I hope @brambos does Ruismaker with multi-out, then def no need for this.

It’s under investigation ;)

• @brambos said:

@auxmux said:

😁

• @brambos said:

@auxmux said:

Omfg I’m telling you, 2020 gonna be a big year for iOS haha. Already such good stuff out and have a feeling much more to come

• edited February 2020

@brambos said:

@auxmux said:

I just want a @brambos GrooveBox using all the best of his FM and Percussive bits. 🤪

• @auxmux said:

I keep offering to throw money at him to do it...

• Now this topic got a lot more exciting. LOL 😆

• edited February 2020

@auxmux said:

??

the model cycles does not have multi-out either.

• edited February 2020

insight
    all your workflows belong to us!! :#

• Damn it @kobamoto I was trying real hard not to watch the vids for this... i don't want to want this thing as much as i do. Hovering over the pre-order button.

• @supadom said:
    At this point it seems like they’re just flooding the marked with crippled recycled ideas for those of us in the lower price bracket.

Digitone 3.0...no keys..lazy and empty of creative juices or just passion.

After Dan left they were done..

TOAST.

Czenk will be at Behringer by 2024.....LOL

• edited February 2020

@RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:
    At this point it seems like they’re just flooding the marked with crippled recycled ideas for those of us in the lower price bracket.

TOAST.

Hmmm, respectfully disagree. I think this allows them to stay competitive in the low end market and bring in new faces to what the Elektron work flow is about. I mean really its kind of smart, their sequencers are super addictive and once you groak how things are laid out you can fro the most part apply that to all of their boxes. I started with a digitakt 2 years ago (after reading about plocks and all that in Drambo forum) and now have Takt/Tone/A4/Octa. So by bringing in these low end devices they are really just getting people hooked, first hits cheap, next one is 1400.00. I see the MS and MC as away for them to subsidize future flagships.

And you got to admit after watching the MC video above it looks like a hell of a lot of fun and sounds really good.

• @SanMateo said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

TOAST.

Hmmm, respectfully disagree. I think this allows them to stay competitive in the low end market and bring in new faces to what the Elektron work flow is about. I mean really its kind of smart, their sequencers are super addictive and once you groak how things are laid out you can fro the most part apply that to all of their boxes. I started with a digitakt 2 years ago (after reading about plocks and all that in Drambo forum) and now have Takt/Tone/A4/Octa. So by bringing in these low end devices they are really just getting people hooked, first hits cheap, next one is 1400.00. I see the MS and MC as away for them to subsidize future flagships.

And you got to admit after watching the MC video above it looks like a hell of a lot of fun and sounds really good.

I didn't say I wouldn't buy it.

But, I would be lying to myself to another degree.

My wife helps keep things in perspective.

Here is how.

Honey, new Elektron box.....hint hint...

her...what does it do?

FM?

Isn't your Digitone FM?

Um, yeah.

Don't you have a DFAM for that type of sound as well?

Um yeah..

So, I guess I have an objective way of seeing it.

Now, to say I wouldn't love to have one and enjoy it...I would.

BUT, I must say, as nice as the MODEL samples is and how I thought I loved it....I rarely really use it when my limited time and two hands pick what I really need to use.

I personally own many Elektron devices.
    I personally am NOT a fan of the company and many aspect of it.
    Including a the shit customer service I have had and the asshole attitude of Elektronauts.

So, I am honest with things.

Is it a game changer? No

Does it look fun?

Sure.

Would I be impressed if Bentley and Porshe entered the affordable sedan market?

see what I mean?

I hear you.

But there are enough plastic low end groove boxes.

I don't mind paying $650-$1000 for serious gear that is heavy and legit.

BUT WE TOTALLY HAVE OUR OWN NEEDS AND PERSPECTIVES.

• @RUST( i )K

Ya totally understand and agree on the points above, there is nothing about the MC that isn't well covered territory in my set up either and honestly I happy when people remind me of that! :) Its really all GAS in the end. I don't need anything at this point.

I also agree with you on the customer service side of Elektron, while I have (knock on wood) not had any issues with them i have heard a lot of stories that seem to imply they at times lack any kind of urgency on that end.

But I do love what they make, and I don't find myself going this full tilt over any other manufactures at the moment. So, i think I just hope as I said above that this and the MS are ways to subsidize more interesting and unique gear.

That said, I'm glad stuff like this exists for the people just starting out. For the price and what it does, I would have lost my shit over something like this when first started cutting my teeth 20+ years ago.

• @SanMateo said:
    @RUST( i )K

Ya totally understand and agree on the points above, there is nothing about the MC that isn't well covered territory in my set up either and honestly I happy when people remind me of that! :) Its really all GAS in the end. I don't need anything at this point.

I also agree with you on the customer service side of Elektron, while I have (knock on wood) not had any issues with them i have heard a lot of stories that seem to imply they at times lack any kind of urgency on that end.

But I do love what they make, and I don't find myself going this full tilt over any other manufactures at the moment. So, i think I just hope as I said above that this and the MS are ways to subsidize more interesting and unique gear.

That said, I'm glad stuff like this exists for the people just starting out. For the price and what it does, I would have lost my shit over something like this when first started cutting my teeth 20+ years ago.

I tell you how I like mine when I impulse GAS attack alone in the studio on a rainy night! LOL

• @RUST( i )K said:

@SanMateo said:
    @RUST( i )K

I tell you how I like mine when I impulse GAS attack alone in the studio on a rainy night! LOL

HAHA, please do, or don't... im not sure yet!

• @dreamrobe said:

@auxmux said:

??

the model cycles does not have multi-out either.

Yeah, I know but I already have Ruismaker and it's a lot cheaper even if I didn't.

• it's all subjective but like I said earlier, low spec gear, high spec'd instrument. There are allot of people with a room full of elektron gear that cenk and Mario could outperform with just the model cycles, if you're one of the people that judges these things by that..

the model series workflow is arguably superior to the other elektron instruments according to elektron if you're the type that subscribes to that kind of notion

the model series is great if you're one of those people who subscribe to the sp-404 less is more and squeezes more creativity out of your endeavors ethos type dude or dudette.

for my taste the model series is great on it's own or anything you pair it with.. I was bummed at first because I'm waiting on the mythical digitakt mk2 to show up so I wasn't happy with the thought of a drum synth until now... I can see how invested they are in the workflow that I already love , it sounds good, doesn't feel like anything else besides the model samples but still different, looks super fun, it's cheap, extremely capable... I keep the model samples with me at all times love the lightweight build and you could add the cycles to a bag with a model samples in it and not feel the added weight. I've wasted way more money on stuff that doesn't feel as good on iOS...

I think as an entryway or a mainstay these things are great. I use to only use mpcs and sps at beat invitationals but not anymore, compose something and dump it in the model samples, there's so many ways you can flip a groove. I'm quite looking forward to scooping up the cycles.

• @kobamoto said:
    it's all subjective but like I said earlier, low spec gear, high spec'd instrument. There are allot of people with a room full of elektron gear that cenk and Mario could outperform with just the model cycles, if you're one of the people that judges these things by that..

the model series workflow is arguably superior to the other elektron instruments according to elektron if you're the type that subscribes to that kind of notion

the model series is great if you're one of those people who subscribe to the sp-404 less is more and squeezes more creativity out of your endeavors ethos type dude or dudette.

for my taste the model series is great on it's own or anything you pair it with.. I was bummed at first because I'm waiting on the mythical digitakt mk2 to show up so I wasn't happy with the thought of a drum synth until now... I can see how invested they are in the workflow that I already love , it sounds good, doesn't feel like anything else besides the model samples but still different, looks super fun, it's cheap, extremely capable... I keep the model samples with me at all times love the lightweight build and you could add the cycles to a bag with a model samples in it and not feel the added weight. I've wasted way more money on stuff that doesn't feel as good on iOS...

I think as an entryway or a mainstay these things are great. I use to only use mpcs and sps at beat invitationals but not anymore, compose something and dump it in the model samples, there's so many ways you can flip a groove. I'm quite looking forward to scooping up the cycles.

Only 1 concern..
    Knobs on Sample is fine

I am not sure longevity w synth parameters twisting..mine little loose on samples after a year no means parameter control like a synth ...

• thing I don't like about my Samples is the resolution, hopefully they update it to give it the pitch resolution of the cycles, but yeah any improvement in build quality would be an improvement

• I’m an owner and lover of quite a few Elektron boxes. I make things on these boxes in such a fun and spontaneous way that would never even occur to me in other gear.
    I definitely don’t need this but for $300 I’ll get one.
    It looks like a lot of fun and I’m a sucker for grooveboxes.

• @kobamoto said:
    thing I don't like about my Samples is the resolution, hopefully they update it to give it the pitch resolution of the cycles, but yeah any improvement in build quality would be an improvement

i don‘t have the m:s but own the m:c since 12 hours.
    i was worried about the pitch resolution because the manual states pitch goes from -24 to +24 and i thought that‘s a lot of freqs skipping in the lower freqs but when i just turn the pitch knob it actually changes pitch by 0.1 increments. when the function button is pressed it changes by whole numbers. so fine tuning is possible.

what i don‘t like is that i can‘t seem to record the velocity retriggers. it always records the same velocity.
    and when connected to the ipad and the usbcable crossed the audiocable there is a lot of hiss and noise, which goes away when i unplug the ckk3 from the power.

i can see myself sampling a lot of the m:c going through fabfilter q2 and other fx.
    the variety of sounds i can get out of the kickdrum with the 4 tone knobs is not that great but still more flexible that the tr-8. the tr8 kick sounds more hifi with a well defined bottom end.
    the m:s kick has more of a broadband and tracker sound ranging from 30hz to 400hz with dips and hills.

all the 6 different sound machines are carefully curated and do bring a lot of fun.
    its a wavetable synth of which the single cycles sounds are crossmodulated against each other to make fm sounds.

• edited February 2020

@dreamrobe said:

@kobamoto said:
    thing I don't like about my Samples is the resolution, hopefully they update it to give it the pitch resolution of the cycles, but yeah any improvement in build quality would be an improvement

i don‘t have the m:s but own the m:c since 12 hours.
    i was worried about the pitch resolution because the manual states pitch goes from -24 to +24 and i thought that‘s a lot of freqs skipping in the lower freqs but when i just turn the pitch knob it actually changes pitch by 0.1 increments. when the function button is pressed it changes by whole numbers. so fine tuning is possible.

what i don‘t like is that i can‘t seem to record the velocity retriggers. it always records the same velocity.
    and when connected to the ipad and the usbcable crossed the audiocable there is a lot of hiss and noise, which goes away when i unplug the ckk3 from the power.

i can see myself sampling a lot of the m:c going through fabfilter q2 and other fx.
    the variety of sounds i can get out of the kickdrum with the 4 tone knobs is not that great but still more flexible that the tr-8. the tr8 kick sounds more hifi with a well defined bottom end.
    the m:s kick has more of a broadband and tracker sound ranging from 30hz to 400hz with dips and hills.

all the 6 different sound machines are carefully curated and do bring a lot of fun.
    its a wavetable synth of which the single cycles sounds are crossmodulated against each other to make fm sounds.

I was confused about how many presets you can actually save on the Cycles, how many is it capable of storing and is there any kind of randomization feature?

that velo issue sounds like a bug

• @kobamoto said:

Wow!

You have made my day!

I have huge hang ups about it!

I always feel I get a better sound from same non normalized sample out Circuit!

And AND while we are having real talk...I had issues pre Catalina w interface function being dodgy con Ableton y tambien en Catalina now, it freezes Ableton and messes up Link when try audio out of Model!

Careful I thought I had major issue took 2 hard restart w major anxiety but regained pre attempt status.

Issue for me is total disregard for my emails or comments to them.

I actually decided against Rythm for Xmas due to cocky unhelpful response I got from Elektron rep in email. Super unprofessional as I have EVER experienced.

Still on fence about another Elektron product versus modular alternative.

• Seeing the Red Means Record video
    1. Made me want one
    2. Made me look up Digitone videos
    3. Sent me back to Elastic Drums

• @Littlewoodg said:

Seeing the Red Means Record video
    1. Made me want one
    2. Made me look up Digitone videos
    3. Sent me back to Elastic Drums

Ha! Well said.
    That sounds about right. My big problem with ED is that it's possible to get a basic track going, but usually I overdo it and then it won't play with other sounds nicely. Have to remember to either just use its drums or its FM sounds or its samples.