Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 Reggae drums

Looking for a source of reggae drum beats. Surprised there isn’t anything included in GarageBand? I have Drum Session but zero reggae in that.

The obvious one is Reggae Drummer from Lumbeats, but I tried their Rock Drum Machine and I’d much prefer AUv3 rather than IAA.

Comments

• I honestly don’t know of any that has a full blown reggie app within AU. However, Drum Perfect Pro has a reggie IAP. While Drum Perfect Pro is quite complex and time consuming to use, it can be used to make some of the most realistic drum grooves. The only way to use its sound in and AU setup is to use the built in AU DPP song player.

To be honest, it may be easier to buy some decent midi drum grooves that fit the genre. Make your own kits in your DAW of choice.

Drum apps seem to be moving over to the AU side quite steadily compared to synths and Fx, but I’m sure the devs will get there eventually.

• No AUv3 like that exists.

• You can find reggae drum samples pretty easily. Could pop them in EG Pulse and create your own beats. Big thing is that the accents are on the third beat, not second and fourth like a lot of music.

You can add in some delay (dubstation 2 and RE-1 work for me) and you got yourself some dub reggae right there. Solid reverb also helps, especially if you’re not going to use delay.

• YourJunk’s way is a good option or even use Reggae drum loops, and po them in Enso, Digistix, AUM file player, Etc...

• Thanks all - as someone new to iOS music making it is actually quite interesting to compare this developing world to VSTs where you expect and normally have multiple options for any possible need. I have plenty of midi loops, and indeed the Reggae midi pack for Addictive Drums 2, so I have options.

• AU is still young on iOS. Most of the best drum apps are IAA. In a couple of years I expect it will have shifted again.

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reggae is not my thing but I really enjoyed this guy’s tutorials.

• Yeah also waiting for a good 100% AUv3 Drum App...!

Virsyn's Audiolayer can't currently load big EXS24 libraries (like Drumdrops) but in the coming update it will be possible along with SFZ so then one can finally load all the Drumdrops libraries and the problem with realistic AUv3 drums is solved :) No clue when the update will be released..

@VirSyn Any chance of it happening soon?

• @PhilW said:
    Reggae is not my thing but I really enjoyed this guy’s tutorials.

He’s a very talented man!

• @Treaszure said:
    Yeah also waiting for a good 100% AUv3 Drum App...!

Agreed, this will be an iOS game changer for me too!