Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xynthesizr Beautiful Ambient Jam video (w/ Spacecraft, Sunrizer, & FX)

here's a new video I am excited to share. I started to dabble into making more ambient music about 2-2.5 years ago - and at first I struggled. It was harder than I thought. I've been plugging away at it since (while still making my more 'groovier' electronica tracks). I have been getting better - but this video I feel like it all came together and I am extremely happy with the end results. This track was super fun to work on - and I think it's beautiful. Please have a listen:

(oh - and I say ambient track - but I couldn't resist dropping a beat half way through...)

Track details:

• Xynthesizr sequence into AUM with Audio Damage Dubstation, FAX maxima. (Xynthesizr cutoff/resonance connected to my midi controller.)

• Blocs Waves - couple of audio loops run thru Audio damage Filterstation2. (channel filter cutoff mapped to midi controller)

• Mix Bus channel with AD Eos2 reverb & Bleass delay.

• Sunrizer (spidermicidas preset) controlled by Riffer & BramBos Rozetta Cells run thru Shaper & FAC Transient.

• 3 x AUM audio channels - a whooshy noise clip & 2 drum tracks (Kosmonaut delay on hats/percussion channel) - set up with midi controller stop/start

• Spacecraft - Arp run thru JAX Filter One, FAC Chorus, & Widener.

• Art Kerns MidiLFO's controlling the filter sweep on the audio channel for hats/percussion.

• And a few Blue Mangoo Parametric EQ's used, FAX Maxima on the master output.

Comments

• Very nice sounds and textures - great job 👍

Are you planning to release any of your ambient music on Spotify? I like your One Step Closer album, it's great to listen to while I'm working.

• Beautiful track!

Ah, Xynthesizr, one of my first iOS music apps ever. I seriously have to get it going again.

• @richardyot said:
    Very nice sounds and textures - great job 👍

Are you planning to release any of your ambient music on Spotify? I like your One Step Closer album, it's great to listen to while I'm working.

thanks @richardyot - I'm not sure what route to go: I've currently got enough songs in my regular 'downtempo/chillout/trip-hop Bristol Manor groovy electronica" style to release another album. And also have enough songs to release a full ambient style album. Should I release the ambient stuff under Bristol Manor? - or perhaps make a new artist name/account to use for the ambient stuff? Short answer though is , yes, I do plan on releasing some kind of ambient album probably this year.

• @Halftone said:

@richardyot said:
    Very nice sounds and textures - great job 👍

thanks @richardyot - I'm not sure what route to go: I've currently got enough songs in my regular 'downtempo/chillout/trip-hop Bristol Manor groovy electronica" style to release another album. And also have enough songs to release a full ambient style album. Should I release the ambient stuff under Bristol Manor? - or perhaps make a new artist name/account to use for the ambient stuff? Short answer though is , yes, I do plan on releasing some kind of ambient album probably this year.

Stick to Bristol Manor, it just makes it easier to follow your work.

• Wow @Halftone, this is as much a great Ambient track as it is an Electronica beat.
    I love it when simple apps are put to good use wisely.

• @richardyot said:

Agreed! :wink:
    And this is awesome, btw :open_mouth:

• Really nice! And always great to see Xynthesizr get more love...

• @rs2000 said:
    Wow @Halftone, this is as much a great Ambient track as it is an Electronica beat.
    I love it when simple apps are put to good use wisely.

@senhorlampada said:

@richardyot said:

Agreed! :wink:
    And this is awesome, btw :open_mouth:

@aplourde said:
    Really nice! And always great to see Xynthesizr get more love...

@LeonKowalski said:
    Beautiful track!

Ah, Xynthesizr, one of my first iOS music apps ever. I seriously have to get it going again.

thanks everyone!

• as far as what name to release different genres of electronic music under... i say stick with one..
    an example of success would be the artist polarity, he’s an amazing musician btw if you haven’t heard him... but he was a dnb artist , still is, and then he just started dropping some of the dopest ambient albums ive heard under the same name...had he switched names i woulda never heard them probably!

but anyway..

man, i love this jam! this has all the elements that i love in a downtempo ambient electronica track and has a great amount of movement , while still capturing you in a good flow with the looping as well! id love to hear this in my car or home stereo from a source outside of youtube so i can give it a deeper listen on loop a couple times.
    but ya this is a great track and would def be added to my favbient apple music playlist ! seeing sunrizer and xynthesizer in this track is great as those are two of my all time favs! great work and def release that ambient album man

• Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed listening to that track. Bravo!!!!

• @Lowetone said:
    Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed listening to that track. Bravo!!!!

Thank you for listening

@reasOne said:
    as far as what name to release different genres of electronic music under... i say stick with one..
    an example of success would be the artist polarity, he’s an amazing musician btw if you haven’t heard him... but he was a dnb artist , still is, and then he just started dropping some of the dopest ambient albums ive heard under the same name...had he switched names i woulda never heard them probably!

but anyway..

man, i love this jam! this has all the elements that i love in a downtempo ambient electronica track and has a great amount of movement , while still capturing you in a good flow with the looping as well! id love to hear this in my car or home stereo from a source outside of youtube so i can give it a deeper listen on loop a couple times.
    but ya this is a great track and would def be added to my favbient apple music playlist ! seeing sunrizer and xynthesizer in this track is great as those are two of my all time favs! great work and def release that ambient album man

Thanks for your kind words. Ok I'll keep my artist name and release the ambient stuff under that... I was leaning towards that anyways - but thanks for the thoughts.