Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you audition your drums?

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

So I have a babillion free drum samples downloaded to my mac. How do y'alls go about auditioning and trying out which samples you would want to import?

Comments

• auditioning is a time consuming process. There is no way around it. Spend an hour or two with a media player and listen carefully. My advice is to create your own samples. Even more time consuming, but you have what you want. And only few choices. Makes things easier I think.

• edited March 2014

• I imported thousands into Audioshare and went through each one in turn.....deleting ones I did not like.

Once I had the cream left in Audioshare split into folders and open into your favourite apps....

• I built this web app to deal with that problem. Drag a shit ton of drum samples onto it and trigger away. There are some keyboard shortcuts that help.

It's designed for Nanostudio but you can use it to build kits of wav files for anything I guess. Just delete the package.trg in the download.

http://luktown.org/random/trg/