Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 13

Alright, I see a lot of people working on iOS 12. What’s your reasoning for not upgrading?

For reference, I have an iPhone 8 on the latest update and it works perfectly.

Comments

• Waiting for Sonic Port to be fixed (allegedly good in 13.4)

• For me, it’s totally down to Apple screwing up the text editing in 13. I hate the way it now works on my phone with a passion, and yes I’ve tried the stupid holding down of the spacebar cludge.

12 has been a sweet spot for my Air 2, and aside from the Procreate update and constant iOS update nags, I’m happy with it.

• @MonzoPro said:
    For me, it’s totally down to Apple screwing up the text editing in 13. I hate the way it now works on my phone with a passion, and yes I’ve tried the stupid holding down of the spacebar cludge.

12 has been a sweet spot for my Air 2, and aside from the Procreate update and constant iOS update nags, I’m happy with it.

Try the google keyboard, similar but less stupider...

• Every audio app I have was better under iOS 12, especially Cubasis which I used to complete quite a few songs. I’ve not been able to get even a quarter of the way through making a song in Cubasis since I upgraded to iOS 13. If I had the chance again there’s no way in hell I’d upgrade to 13.

• edited February 2020

@Krupa said:

@MonzoPro said:
    For me, it’s totally down to Apple screwing up the text editing in 13. I hate the way it now works on my phone with a passion, and yes I’ve tried the stupid holding down of the spacebar cludge.

Try the google keyboard, similar but less stupider...

It’s the selection tool more than anything else. If I mistype a word, or more likely it’s autocorrected to something I didn’t intend or refuses to recognise the word I typed, clicking on letters in the word I want to edit, selects the whole thing with handles.

Sometimes you can use the spacebar instead to navigate to the point in the word you want the cursor to be in. But, a lot of website interfaces, and the browser URL input don’t support it. So I end up deleting the word and retyping.

Which is ridiculous.

On my iPad with 12 I just hit the spot on the word I need to edit, and the cursor is placed perfectly.

It’s a stupid change and I’m not going to break something that works.

I think for me now this Air 2 is for all intents and purposes frozen on 12.

• edited February 2020

The list of issues I have with iOS 13 is still quite long even after many point updates, off the top of my head:

= statusbar junk randomly appears in full-screen apps
    = Mail app extremely slow and unreliable, many UX regressions too
    = Spell checking cannot be turned off (red underlines everywhere)
    = any hybrid (WKWebView) apps are slower and have higher memory usage due to buggy obsolete webkit version
    = third party keyboards crashing essentially all the time, reverting to the default (may be isolated to SwiftKey)
    = the back gesture (swipe from left edge) is now much harder to do (needs to be done faster and "wider")

• Apple have to keep us hanging on for the next, bigger, better, more expensive update. Built in obsolescence is so transparent these days it’s insulting. (unbelievable the hoops I’ve just gone through to spell obsolescence - perhaps Apple don’t even recognise the word!)

• I upgraded as I have intermitent freezes on air 3. Still do. Will go to apple store as I have till may.

Thought I needed to upgrade firmware for Korg stuff but the firmware seems a bit hassle to install but the controller tested actually connects and maps within AUM even without the firmware. It didnt map to Apparllo directly without AUM but maybe bluetooth wasnt on in Apparillo settings ( or thats the firmware issue described ) Obviously Id need the firmware should there be problems.

Other than that not noticed anything.

• Think I will do another factory reset. Then install a couple apps which Id think arnt a prob. Run cpu high. See if performance freezes. Then its off to an apple store. Bet they say its nothing they can find.

• a number of people have reported iOS 13 share sheet problems which is a problem for folks that use Open In from AudioShare as part of their workflow.

• Man, I don’t know if I’m just lucky or what, or if you guys just do more complex stuff than I do.