Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help me choose my next fun purchases (chosen)

I have only £18 left in app funds. Help me choose between the following that are all on my to get list:

Kai Aras: FD1 Filter Delay, SD1 Stereo Delay

Tone boosters: Enhancer, Reverb, Equalizer, Reelbus

Bleass: Delay, Reverb, Filter

:) Yeah I know that I already have multiple filters, reverbs, delays, equalisers, etc etc, but I would only spend the money anyway...

Comments

• FD1, TB Reverb and Bleass Filter

• To be fair I don't own several of what you mention but can say this: It's hard not to sing high praise for ToneBoosters 'ReelBus' as an overall Full Win tool to own.

Your quest for "fun" may be tickled more by something with more overt fireworks but 'ReelBus' is one of those subtle / vital apps that can really Gel a group of things and individually sculpt as well all in the name of warming / glueing / de-harshing.

• FD-1 is pretty sweet, as are TB EQ and Reverb (those are the ones I got first). Bought the BLEASS bundle, but haven’t really used any of them. I hear good things though.

• @Faland said:
    FD1, TB Reverb and Bleass Filter

Think they come to a tad more than £18 for the three ;)

• @Proppa said:
    To be fair I don't own several of what you mention but can say this: It's hard not to sing high praise for ToneBoosters 'ReelBus' as an overall Full Win tool to own.

Your quest for "fun" may be tickled more by something with more overt fireworks but 'ReelBus' is one of those subtle / vital apps that can really Gel a group of things and individually sculpt as well all in the name of warming / glueing / de-harshing.

Sounds good. I’m always after things that make those subtle differences. I have lots of the extreme sound melting apps to fall back on :p

• @ahallam said:
    FD-1 is pretty sweet, as are TB EQ and Reverb (those are the ones I got first). Bought the BLEASS bundle, but haven’t really used any of them. I hear good things though.

No Bleass bundle showing in the UK :(

• Practical

Flexible

Fun
    (because the controls are so grabbable)

YMMV

• 2cm of speaker cable

• I don’t remember how much they cost but tb equalizer and reverb would be the most useful ones

• FD-1 and ReelBus of those listed. Very fun.

It might help to know what else you have.

All the Sugar Bytes AUv3 are very fun, incl. the mostly recently converted WOW.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Practical

Flexible

Fun
    (because the controls are so grabbable)

YMMV

Nicely laid out. Leaning towards flexible and fun....maybe FD1 and one of the Bleass apps.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I don’t remember how much they cost but tb equalizer and reverb would be the most useful ones

While I mostly agree with this, I’m probably going to aim more towards the fun end of the spectrum this time. Maybe I’m going for the quick fun over the more sensible longer term use (as in your choices). I will just have to buy them all as soon as I can :)

• @mojozart said:
    FD-1 and ReelBus of those listed. Very fun.

It might help to know what else you have.

All the Sugar Bytes AUv3 are very fun, incl. the mostly recently converted WOW.

Would take too long to list the apps I have. Also, I’ve pretty much got most things covered. I just like buying new apps! I am a self confessed appoholic, with little to no qualms of guilt ;)

• Anyone got any stories of how they have used some of these apps? Ways that maybe have surprised them or brought on a knowing smile?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Anyone got any stories of how they have used some of these apps? Ways that maybe have surprised them or brought on a knowing smile?

Bleass Reverb has a preset called “Lazers”.
    Put on your headphones and make noises into the microphone.
    Hours of fun.

• @jolico said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Anyone got any stories of how they have used some of these apps? Ways that maybe have surprised them or brought on a knowing smile?

Bleass Reverb has a preset called “Lazers”.
    Put on your headphones and make noises into the microphone.
    Hours of fun.

That’s why I love when devs put lots of presets on apps - great idea generators

• edited February 2020

Oh fruity just buy everything 😄 I'd say reelbus after all the new reverbs from last week that will be a change o pace

• @reasOne said:
    Oh fruity just buy everything 😄 I'd say reelbus after all the new reverbs from last week that will be a change o pace

I really wished I could, but since I had a break, these pesky devs have been making so many great apps. I’ve added over 30 apps this month already and while many were free, the bank is groaning a tad under the weight of expenditure :p

• ReelBus and Equalizer for sure

• Decided to wait for this

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

I really wished I could, but since I had a break, these pesky devs have been making so many great apps. I’ve added over 30 apps this month already and while many were free, the bank is groaning a tad under the weight of expenditure :p

if you didn’t get ultratap then i highly recccccomend that while its on sale, one of my fav purchases ever

but yes to magellan 2!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

if you didn’t get ultratap then i highly recccccomend that while its on sale, one of my fav purchases ever

but yes to magellan 2!!

I bought all the Eventide apps and boy are they good!

• @YourJunk said:
    ReelBus and Equalizer for sure

@BCKeys said:
    TB Reverb and Equalizer are my main and only Rev and Eq installed and used, great plugins 👍👍👍

For sure going to get them all next payday now :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.