Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Esoterica - 45 presets for sunrizer

https://app.box.com/s/dyaee0n8rdi0ttltjhq98bskhjzji2lz

*this soundbank doesn’t currently work on sunrizer xs, causes it to crash.

The way I just tested this was using ios13 and safari was download the file, should see a little download icon pop up on the address bar (if your not familiar with this) click on the download, then in the file sharing option on the top right (box with arrow pointing up), go to more, then scroll down the suggestions app list and choose copy to sunrizer, in sunrizer choose yes to bank installation. If your using an older ios version try downloading to audioshare or opening in audioshare, then from there open it in sunrizer.

Finally got around to finishing this, been three and a half years in the making, or should I say three and a half years of procrastination and getting sidetracked. Mainly a combination of editing presets, hitting random following the path and sculpting sounds from init.

Listening back to this and looking at some of the names I choose, it represents my journey through the 90’s, going out raving, books and films I liked. It would be suited for sound fx, ambient, dnb and especially dystopian film scores, but there are a few nice pads, loads of random stuff tho.

Thought today would be a good day to release this as it’s the 20-02-2020, kind of like the symmetry and have a thing for number patterns, I’m going to explain a few of the presets as I had a certain thing in mind and most sound shoddy outside these ranges, few still sound half decent tho.

Im working from the assumption that the lower part of the keyboard starts at C0.

5 sunrise
I was using C2-C3 range while working on this

6 don bad man
Homage to an old ed rush dub track of the same name, as it sounded a bit like the main keyboard sound from the breakdown from around C2-E3

7 brooding bass
To get the rumble for this D1

9 reminiscent
Reminds me of sampled old rave stabs from 90-92, C3-C5 is the place that sounded familiar.

11 and 12
Sposed to have the morph wheel down to get the effect I had in mind

16 distant hum
Was meant for C4, sound fx type preset

23 moles and badgers
This sucker is a pita, very lo volume, sposed to be for undertones, feeling of unease for film scores, range was C4-C5

28 old engine
My interpretation of an old prop plane engine, sort of prop planes left over from wars and used to transport drugs in the 70’s-90’s, C2 and the keys around it.

30 helicopter from huey
Inspired by Jacobs ladder and the sort of slo time effect the did in the film, helicopters landing in nam sort of thing C2

31 bad feeling about this
C3 onwards

35 strange birds
More for the higher octaves, alien birds from another planet

39 subway
That sort of sound from the tube in landan, around C4

43 electric pan
From C5-C7 sounds a little like a steel pan

Hope some of you find these useful.

«1

Comments

  • edited February 20

    Thank you for sharing these unusual but very nice presets. Sunrizer is still one of the best synth. Short circuit is maybe my preferred one. Cheers.

  • Nice work thank you!

  • man, these are some of the coolest sounds i’ve heard in a while! sunrizer is my go to synth and unexpectedly getting these today was a great surprise already then as i was going thru the presets i was like completely zoned out from everything going on around me and fully submersed into the amazing sounds i was hearing. after just getting @FredAntonCorvest new alteza reverb this week and blackhole reverb today, i kept switching back and forth between those on each sound and going deeper into the void! these go great with them and was a great way to get familiar with those. my new standard way of flipping thru presets is with the alteza init patch haha its one of the best reverbs i’ve ever heard and is def my fav now.
    anyway thanks for sharing these! they are def going some mileage on my end!!

  • i was also a 90s rave kid !

  • Thanks @mister_rz for this gift.
    What I really like on top of all the tasty sounds is that you make Sunrizer do what I haven’t heard Sunrizer do before (and I have accumulated a ton of user banks over the years)

  • @Littlewoodg said:
    Thanks @mister_rz for this gift.
    What I really like on top of all the tasty sounds is that you make Sunrizer do what I haven’t heard Sunrizer do before (and I have accumulated a ton of user banks over the years)

    @Littlewoodg said:
    Thanks @mister_rz for this gift.
    What I really like on top of all the tasty sounds is that you make Sunrizer do what I haven’t heard Sunrizer do before (and I have accumulated a ton of user banks over the years)

    2nd that. these sounds show off new things!

  • Hey these are excellent!!

    thank you kindly for sharing these with us!

  • @Faland said:
    Thank you for sharing these unusual but very nice presets. Sunrizer is still one of the best synth. Short circuit is maybe my preferred one. Cheers.

    Always have a soft spot for sunrizer, even tho I’m sure some of the presets keep changing, this beast is alive.

    @peaking said:
    Nice work thank you!

    Thanks, tempted to do a bank with just pads and soundscapes, speed I move tho it will probably be 2023 by the time it’s finished.

    @reasOne said:
    man, these are some of the coolest sounds i’ve heard in a while! sunrizer is my go to synth and unexpectedly getting these today was a great surprise already then as i was going thru the presets i was like completely zoned out from everything going on around me and fully submersed into the amazing sounds i was hearing. after just getting @FredAntonCorvest new alteza reverb this week and blackhole reverb today, i kept switching back and forth between those on each sound and going deeper into the void! these go great with them and was a great way to get familiar with those. my new standard way of flipping thru presets is with the alteza init patch haha its one of the best reverbs i’ve ever heard and is def my fav now.
    anyway thanks for sharing these! they are def going some mileage on my end!!

    Very happy to read your thoughts on this as there is a lot of odd stuff, wasn’t sure how it would go down. Started out as just building up a preset collection to use for my experiments, then that stranger things soundbank landed and I thought, create a collection for everyone on here instead, as a thank you.

    I picked up alteza, couldn’t help myself as I love shimmery type reverbs, not used it yet tho, first app I’ve bought in a age, got blackhole, but for my laptop, love that one too, plan is to slowly get all the stuff I’ve missed out on in the last few years for when I get my new ipad and pencil. Been nice working on ios again to get this finished, reminded me of the good not so old days.

    Rave scene tho blew my mind, not been the same since, always good meeting another fellow raver on here, met a few over the years, some of the fiends even snort crushed cough lozenges, for musical inspiration, old habits and all that.

    @Littlewoodg said:
    Thanks @mister_rz for this gift.
    What I really like on top of all the tasty sounds is that you make Sunrizer do what I haven’t heard Sunrizer do before (and I have accumulated a ton of user banks over the years)

    I’ve got quite a few banks for this and so much ground has been covered, loads of great presets, just tried to find a spot that was a bit more sparse. Wasn’t sure about some of the pad and lead sounds as they sounded a bit familiar, but it does the scratchy electronics stuff and dusty sounding vibes quite well, it’s given me a few ideas for other avenues to explore, appreciate the feedback:)

    @MrSmileZ said:
    Hey these are excellent!!

    thank you kindly for sharing these with us!

    Thank you too, feel lifted reading the comments, as my day went south earlier, glad I didn’t put this off any longer and got them out into the wild, see if anyone found them inspiring, even if mostly unusable outside of sound design and stuff.

  • If anyone has any trouble downloading and installing this bank, let me know and I’ll re-upload to dropbox, was going to use it earlier, but when I signed in with 1password, no account was there, made me doubt that I even registered for a dropbox account.

    With the pad sounds and some of the leads, disable the chord button if it’s on and you want to play different chords, it was an easy way to make the pads sound slightly more fuller and I got carried away.

  • Most excellent. Thank you 👊

  • Thanks a lot for the presets !

    I just skipped through some of them (don’t have time for more right now) and they were really nice and inspiring :)

  • Thankd for sharing!
    It sounds great!
    Flo

  • Great sounds for one of my favourite sounding synths - many thanks !

  • absolutely man haha the 90s were a wild era 🤣def blew out my mind as a result! where did you rave at? i traveled around ohio and surrounding states and a few on the east and west coasts!
    glad you’re enjoying ios again and you’ll be happy with both alteza and blackhole!

  • Thanks for the patches.

  • Thanks for this gift.

  • These are exceptionally good. Thank you!

  • Thanks a lot. Works very well on my IPad but make SunrizerXs crash on my IPhone...

  • @gusgranite @_ki @flo26 @Paul16 @Poppadocrock @fjcblanco @qryss

    Cheers everyone, nice to see my odd collection, cobbled together getting some good vibes, wasn’t sure when going back through them, if they’d prove to be a little too strange and unusual.

    @reasOne said:
    absolutely man haha the 90s were a wild era 🤣def blew out my mind as a result! where did you rave at? i traveled around ohio and surrounding states and a few on the east and west coasts!
    glad you’re enjoying ios again and you’ll be happy with both alteza and blackhole!

    My stomping ground was around little england mainly in the midlands, can drive coast to coast under a day, always enjoyed the outdoor raves the most, as I could escape and find a spot to chill, as I’d have a tendency to overdo things. Very much looking forward to getting into alteza, sounded great from the demo vid, get some sample fodder together for spacecraft, metasynth and paul stretch.

    @cuscolima said:
    Thanks a lot. Works very well on my IPad but make SunrizerXs crash on my IPhone...

    Not sure what’s happening there, made them on the ipad version, think I might have the xs version too, I’ll test it out, if it comes to it, I’ll do a separate version for xs, or maybe just a new bank for it.

  • Thank you sir. I have every Sunrizer bank I can find and these bring something new to the table.
    Even if synths are now obsolete 😝

  • @mister_rz said:
    @gusgranite @_ki @flo26 @Paul16 @Poppadocrock @fjcblanco @qryss

    Cheers everyone, nice to see my odd collection, cobbled together getting some good vibes, wasn’t sure when going back through them, if they’d prove to be a little too strange and unusual.

    No such thing, you can never have enough strange & unusual !

  • Yeah thanks
    Sunrizer is my go to.
    If you have anymore feel free to share
    Many thanks
    Also a UK raver, used to hit telepathy in bow, DJ hype, ratpack Carl Cox etc before they were really big, used to be seriously dodgey, but way fun, oh and jumping jack frost.
    Mr cook ya son is .....

  • @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Thank you sir. I have every Sunrizer bank I can find and these bring something new to the table.
    Even if synths are now obsolete 😝

    Never I tell thee, synths are so influential some people want to turn people into synths, I’m looking at you mr kurzweil. Thanks for the feedback tho, I took the approach of not paying attention to the functions of the nobs and sliders and just tweaked until something interesting came out, may you live long and prosper 🖖.

    @Paul16 said:

    @mister_rz said:
    @gusgranite @_ki @flo26 @Paul16 @Poppadocrock @fjcblanco @qryss

    Cheers everyone, nice to see my odd collection, cobbled together getting some good vibes, wasn’t sure when going back through them, if they’d prove to be a little too strange and unusual.

    No such thing, you can never have enough strange & unusual !

    Much needed dose of reality thanks, people like you squire, make life much more interesting, altho warlock might be a bit ambitious, I’ll settle for a lesser spotted mage.

    @Nicebutfun said:
    Yeah thanks
    Sunrizer is my go to.
    If you have anymore feel free to share
    Many thanks
    Also a UK raver, used to hit telepathy in bow, DJ hype, ratpack Carl Cox etc before they were really big, used to be seriously dodgey, but way fun, oh and jumping jack frost.
    Mr cook ya son is .....

    Haha, I heard that 4-hero track when I was tripping in the house once and went all serious for a moment, thought that was terrible news to hear, even tho I’d heard it loads before, wasn’t one of my favs by them. Loved carl cox tho, proper go for it most times I’d see him live, was into top buzz, mickey finn, seduction, rap, keith suckling, easy groove, fabio and some of the older heads like frankie bones.

  • Forgot about Fabio
    Good times

  • two days ago Shockwave & Fugue Machine randomly started up doing something that sounded just like a line from ‘felt that I was in this long dark tunnel’. some of the sounds from those times were/are summat else

  • @Nicebutfun said:
    Forgot about Fabio
    Good times

    I remember seeing him play at book of love, just starting to peak on some sweet ecstasy when he started, was heading into dusk on a summers day, after that he entered my hall of champions.

  • @Paul16 said:
    two days ago Shockwave & Fugue Machine randomly started up doing something that sounded just like a line from ‘felt that I was in this long dark tunnel’. some of the sounds from those times were/are summat else

    Absolutely love it when random stuff like that happens, most times tho I never capture it, just an inspirational moment that passes. The sounds were amazing those times, thought the period between 93-97 had some great experimentation happening, some really deep vibes, coming mainly from very basic set-ups.

    Loved the tribal house and downbeat stuff too, one of my fav dnb producers from back then was hidden agenda, still play some of their stuff now, hasn’t aged. Btw the documentary that ‘long dark tunnel sample came from if I remember right, was interesting too, think it was about near death experiences, did you manage to record it?

  • @mister_rz these are excellent. Thanks!

  • @anickt said:
    @mister_rz these are excellent. Thanks!

    No problem, hope you find them useful in your musical adventures.

  • @cuscolima said:
    Thanks a lot. Works very well on my IPad but make SunrizerXs crash on my IPhone...

    I’ve tested them on sunrizer xs, but on my ipad and got crashes straight away, I uploaded the bank from sunrizer xs, then downloaded it again from box, just incase compiling them in xs made a difference, but still got crashes. Going to try it on a few older devices just incase it’s a newer version of ios thing.

Sign In or Register to comment.