Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad-Only Apps

I’ve most been working from my iPhone so I’m sure there are a bunch of apps I’ve missed that are only for iPad.

What are your favorite iPad-only apps?

Comments

• edited February 2020

BeatMaker 3, Hexaglyphics, Borderlands Granular, Samplr...

• Nave, PPG quartet, Hexaglyphics, Sugarbytes stuff, SoundScaper, Borderlands, Samplr, TC-11/TC-Data, Alchemy Pro, Lemur, Zed Synth, Zeeon immediately spring to mind.

Apologies if some of those are universal.

Koala, Audiobus Remote and AC Sabre are the only apps I prefer using on the phone.

• edited February 2020

Factory, Continua, Quanta, NFM, FD-1, Modley

Edit: forgot Sunrizer

• After working with audio in Jammpro. Can see it good for some hip hop stuff and as a sketch pad as it records and loops pretty quick.

Probably Xequence.

• Awesome, thanks! I need to charge up my iPad and check some of these out.

• charge that ipad man!
    continua
    patterning 2
    samplr
    sugar bytes factory and aparillo
    all reasons to have the ipad

not to mention how much better the workflow is with all that screen real estate.

i never really use my phone anymore unless i’m using groovebox or gadget cuz it fits and is good for small screen , or for one synth sound design

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nave, PPG quartet, Hexaglyphics, Sugarbytes stuff, SoundScaper, Borderlands, Samplr, TC-11/TC-Data, Alchemy Pro, Lemur, Zed Synth, Zeeon immediately spring to mind.

Koala, Audiobus Remote and AC Sabre are the only apps I prefer using on the phone.

TC-11/Data are universal indeed!

They take advantage of pressure/3D touch on iPhone too!

• @ohwell said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nave, PPG quartet, Hexaglyphics, Sugarbytes stuff, SoundScaper, Borderlands, Samplr, TC-11/TC-Data, Alchemy Pro, Lemur, Zed Synth, Zeeon immediately spring to mind.

TC-11/Data are universal indeed!

They take advantage of pressure/3D touch on iPhone too!

Zeeon is also universal. iSEM, my other favorite subtractive synth, is iPad only though.

Also, Senode, PolyPhase, modstep, Axon 2, Shoom, Moebius Lab are all iPad only.

Poly 2 and Photon are currently iPad only, but should be going universal.