Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo Soul Keys 2 Feature Requests

I know I’m not alone in loving this app, but for me the new UI leaves a lot to be desired, and for this reason if find myself using version 1 much of the time.
I contacted GM who said that they base their app development on how many people officially (ie by contacting them directly, not on this forum) request certain features.

Whilst I am 100% happy with the sounds (especially the new clav and CP70 sounds) within NSK2 and the slicker preset structure (including FX presets) the following aspects frustrate me:

1. A quarter of the screen is taken up with the GM/NSK logo, screen real estate which, IMO would be better used by exposing more app parameters.
  2. When auditioning/editing presets you have to choose between the on-screen keyboard and the FX section. This is fine if using a hardware keyboard but you don’t always want to have to do that. A solution is to have the FX section in place of the aforementioned logo.
  3. In version 1, 10 mechanical FX parameters are available for tweaking at the top of the screen at all times. In version 2 only 5 are ever available.
  4. In version 1 the pre-amp/EQ section is always available. In 2 you have to make this available as an effect.
  5. The knobs in version 2 are very big (great for live playing but, let’s face it, how often do you really tweak these on the fly?) and the space around them is, IMO, unnecessarily big. They could be shrunken down and the space around them reduced without affecting usability. We are well used to iOS synths with dozens of small knobs, switches and sliders.

So overall I think there is plenty of room to allow more parameters to be exposed on the main UI giving as all the great features of version 2, with less of the menu-diving and fiddling around of version 2.

If you are a user of this app and agree with me, please email the GM guys to let them know
[email protected]
@GospelMusicians

Thanks