Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.0.1 Maintenance Update available

LFSLFS
edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 3.0.1, which addresses more than 30 user-reported issues.

Download Cubasis 3 on the App Store

Please keep up supporting us by sharing your ideas and suggestions with us through the Audiobus and Cubasis forums.

Next topics on our list are to bring back Apple Pencil support and the MiniSampler Edit functionality, as well as the release of Cubasis LE 3.

If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!

Hope you enjoy using the Cubasis 3.0.1 update!

Best wishes,
Lars

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2020

CUBASIS 3.0.1 VERSION HISTORY

Track Inspector, Track List & Arrange Window
    CBT-764 Scrolling the inspector vertically now works as expected.
    CBT-1246 Addresses a rare problem, where pasted files remain silent, due to an undefined solo mute state.
    CBT-1272 Resolves a problem, where loading a Cubasis 2 project leads to empty audio project files.
    CBT-1275 Copied audio and MIDI files no longer remain silent after being pasted.
    CBT-1289 Resolves a problem, where importing a MIDI file of extensive length can lead to graphical issues.
    CBT-1296 Resolves a problem, where the wrong note is being highlighted while changing the note's velocity position using the utility buttons located on the left.
    CBT-1315 Pasting and glueing MIDI parts now works as expected.
    CBT-1333 Group track routing is now correctly displayed upon first opening.
    CBT-1339 Punch in and punch out now work as expected.
    CBT-1348 Addresses a problem, where using track freeze could lead to incomplete audio renderings.
    CBT-1364 Addresses a problem, where the length of a time-stretched event is altered when re-opening the project.

MIDI Editor
    CBT-646 MIDI editor no longer loses its last zoom level setting when being closed and reopened.
    CBT-1337 MIDI editor velocity bars are now correctly aligned to the bottom of the MIDI editor.

Instruments & Effects
    CBT-990 Deleting a Micrologue user preset now works as expected.
    CBT-1280 Studio EQ frequency automation parameter values are no longer displayed incorrectly in the automation editor.
    CBT-1334 Tapping the paste/steps button in the Micrologue ARP in-app purchase, no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-1350 Resolves a minor problem where the send effect slots are overlaid by the effect rack user interface.
    CBT-1358 Resolves a problem, where changing parameters of the Non-Linear Reverb of FX Pack I leads to fully distorted audio playback.
    CBT-1366 Resolves a graphical issue, where the Studio EQ parameter curve is not displayed, when being assigned as send effect.

Audio Unit & Inter-App Audio
    CBT-1215 Resolves a rare problem, where opening the user interface of an Audio Unit plug-in stops playback from running.
    CBT-1254 Deactivating an Inter-App Audio effect now works as expected.
    CBT-1303 Resolves a problem, where the last changes made in an Audio Unit plug-in are not remembered, when having its user interface re-opened.
    CBT-1342 Changing effect parameters on specific 3rd party AU effect apps, such as Tonebooster Reverb no longer slows down Cubasis.
    CBT-1343 Using ROLI NOISEwith Cubasis 3 now works as expected.
    CBT-1344 Using GeoShred with Cubasis 3 now works as expected.
    CBT-1354 Using Mononoke with Cubasis 3 now works as expected.
    CBT-1374 Resolves a problem, where parameter changes made in an Audio Unit instrument are reset, after reloading the project.

Misc.
    CBT-1273 Cubasis 3 is now sending MIDI start/stop messages from the transport buttons as expected.
    CBT-1274 Solves a problem, where loading a Cubasis 2 project can render Cubasis 3 unreliable.
    CBT-1298 Improves a problem, where the undo history list appears incomplete or empty.
    CBT-1300 Solves a serious problem, where instruments can play back out of time when using higher latency settings.
    CBT-1367 Opening the iOS control center while Cubasis is running, no longer results in accidentally selecting the help, settings or in-app shop menu.
    CBT-1371 Current projects get auto-saved when a recording has stopped.

Future topics (currently being developed, release date TBA)
    - MiniSampler edit functionality
    - Apple Pencil Support

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @LFS downloading now

• Awesome, but will cubasis 2 also get a maintenance update, or has development and fixes stooped on this one?

• @yaknepper said:
    Awesome, but will cubasis 2 also get a maintenance update, or has development and fixes stooped on this one?

@LFS I don't expect great new features on Cubasis 2 but please kindly ask your development team to at least fix the current issues with it.

Thank you very much.

• @rs2000 said:

@yaknepper said:
    Awesome, but will cubasis 2 also get a maintenance update, or has development and fixes stooped on this one?

@LFS I don't expect great new features on Cubasis 2 but please kindly ask your development team to at least fix the current issues with it.

Thank you very much.

I’ve just recently started using Cubasis 2 again. Wondering what problems it has of the latest release with the latest iOS. Any links to discussion, because I’ve not been here for a while. I’ve not personally come across much myself and I’ve only just used it pretty much as a scratch pad. Just getting basic starting ideas down, so I’m in no way using it to any high degree of potential.

Maybe no is the time for me to move onto version 3 and pay a bit back for Cubasis continual support. I still seem to go for Cubasis over Auria, BM3 and NS2. Auria and BM3 have been problematic for myself and NS2 lacks the audio tracks I desire at this time.

After this update I suppose I better give Cubasis 3 a try :) I know people will hate me for saying this, but I would quite be willing to pay £50 a year for a DAW app if I get to keep it (not hiring it) and that it gets rock solid regular updates. At this stage, I’m more interested in a DAW being rock solid than having more and more features. Saying that, I do expect at least what I would consider the basics, such as groups and a tempo track.

Could someone force Cubasis 3 and NS2 to have a baby or are we not allowed to consider eugenics in app society? ;)

• Excellent, now I'm happy. My problem was fixed. Thanks LFS.

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:

@yaknepper said:

Thank you very much.

Hi @rs2000, Hi @yaknepper,

Please provide me with your detailed bug reports.

Thanks
    Lars

• @oat_phipps said:
    Excellent, now I'm happy. My problem was fixed. Thanks LFS.

Hi @oat_phipps,

Glad to read this!

Thanks,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@rs2000 said:

@yaknepper said:

Thank you very much.

Hi @rs2000, Hi @yaknepper,

Please provide me with your detailed bug reports.

Thanks
    Lars

No new issues, they have all been reported multiple times at the Steinberg Cubasis forum.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Could someone force Cubasis 3 and NS2 to have a baby or are we not allowed to consider eugenics in app society? ;)

Nope, but in regard to humans, these days anything goes. :#

• @knewspeak said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

So merging humans with iOS is our future B)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@knewspeak said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Hasta la vista, baby ;)

• @knewspeak said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@knewspeak said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Hasta la vista, baby ;)

Could you imagine the uproar if Apple decided to get rid of all but one of our human ports!!! :o

Sorry for the banter on your thread @LFS will go buy Cubasis 3 later :)

• Thanks for the welcome update but... I’m struggling to understand why the Apple Pencil support wasn’t included in this maintenance update - I cannot think of a single other app that doesn’t support this. Any idea of timescale for this? I take it this will be a few more months at least? Sorry for the whinge but this is... surprising. Especially as it was apparently one of the first Items to be logged.

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2020

@brattcave said:
    Thanks for the welcome update but... I’m struggling to understand why the Apple Pencil support wasn’t included in this maintenance update - I cannot think of a single other app that doesn’t support this. Any idea of timescale for this? I take it this will be a few more months at least? Sorry for the whinge but this is... surprising. Especially as it was apparently one of the first Items to be logged.

Hi @brattcave,

Thanks for your message.

The Apple Pencil support issue has been addressed by the team, and will very likely be included in the next Cubasis update, which is aimed to be released around end of March. Please get in touch with me via private message, if you want to be included to the beta program.

Best,
    Lars

• edited February 2020

Does midi learn work on interface elements such as send track faders? Do plugins like BarkFilter and Thafknar work properly or do they crackle like they do in Zenbeats?

Also how is CPU usage? Earlier at the first release everyone was complaining about projects that would use a fraction of the cpu in other DAWs really making the cpu struggle when using Cubasis 3.

• Sorry, I just realize that I can't see anything about Link sync anywhere...
    So, it does not sync with AUM for instance ??? (like Xequence 2 does ?)

• No link but it does send midi clock so hosting in AB3 is your answer :-)

@crony said:
    Sorry, I just realize that I can't see anything about Link sync anywhere...

• Does this fix MIDI AU i.e.using Velocity KB/KB1/Geoshred as MIDI AU FX and recording the output? That's what's stopped me buying so far as that's how I record stuff. Works in Cubase 2 but not 3 was the latest I read...

• Thanks once again @LFS for all the work you and the team put in...a lot of fixes on that list :)

• @topaz said:
    No link but it does send midi clock so hosting in AB3 is your answer :-)

@crony said:
    Sorry, I just realize that I can't see anything about Link sync anywhere...

Ok thanks, still a no go for me...

• edited February 2020

@LFS while I know the initial plan is to bring the Cubasis 3 mini sampler on par with the one present in Cubasis 2 ...
    ...please do consider adding the option to use any track in Cubasis as the input for the sampler as it would make sampling and re-sampling a lot easier.

That together with support for multi in/out AUv3's and more flexible midi/track routing would bring things up to another level!

Thanks for the update, I'll be installing it on my iPhone 8 while I wait for the next update :)
    Cheers!

• edited February 2020

I’m really interested to hear if this update cures many of the problems that having been causing hassle for current users. I haven’t bought C3 yet but may do so if it is now up and running as it should have been from the start.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Thanks once again @LFS for all the work you and the team put in...a lot of fixes on that list :)

Thank you for your great support, Andy... :)

• edited February 2020
    1. In C3 do you still have to use 2 hands to edit the piano roll?
      As a left-handed person this is a real pain!
  • @TimRussell said:

Even though I'm a left-handed person I see no problem with moving the notes with right hand and holding down a button with the left hand. Sure I may be strange that I also use the mouse with my right hand but when it comes to writing with a pen I can't do it with the right hand :D

But yeah, an option to 'swap' sides for the edit tools could be quite handy just like we can choose a preference where the AudioBus panel pops up...

• Fixed my copy/paste issue with midi and fixed recording AUv3 in my limited testing with EG Pulse.

• edited February 2020

@Samu said:

@TimRussell said:

Even though I'm a left-handed person I see no problem with moving the notes with right hand and holding down a button with the left hand. Sure I may be strange that I also use the mouse with my right hand but when it comes to writing with a pen I can't do it with the right hand :D

But yeah, an option to 'swap' sides for the edit tools could be quite handy just like we can choose a preference where the AudioBus panel pops up...

Yes this would help. But even better would be an option for a ‘latching’ mode, ie not having to hold the button down at all (like in NS2 for instance). I use a cheap Apple pen copy for editing and can’t use this in my right hand for love nor money!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.