Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

shimmer / effects technique

edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

so i’ve been kinda doing this for a while and i’m sure many of you do as well, but i thought i’d share this idea here ...
i haven’t been noticing any phasing but i suppose it could be one issue you encounter with a set up like this .
i’ve found this technique especially useful for shimmer reverb as it can be an effect that is a bit overwhelming / drowning for your synth patch sometimes when it is applied to the whole thing... however its fun to experiment with the process with a variety of effects like delays , chorus etc.

so basically what i do is set up the exact same patch ( sometimes i’ll edit the individual patches as the sound grows) on 3 channels in AUM and route them all to one channel where you can further eq / effect/ compress/ sculpt the final product .
then i’ll drop a low pass filler on one, a high pass on one and then eq one for midrange ... now you have each band seperated out that you can test different effects on. hint its fun to keep playing and modulating the eq as you shape this beast .

i normally start by putting the shimmer on the low end and a delay on the mid to keep the high end cutting thru the mix but it’s all personal taste and heavily depending on the patch itself , from here you can just keep trying different effects and levels until you get a really nice sounding patch that is pretty customizable!

here’s a couple images of what it can look like!

side note : the eq setting on the midrange in this demonstration is just me having fun drawing on pro-q 2 lol the final eq will not look like a cathedral 🤣🤣🤣

maybe this is dumb and there’sa better way but this is fun to experiment with but i’m open to other ideas that maybe more sensible ?

Comments

• Nice man. Any chance you could post a sound sample of the Angelic Reverie Cascading From Your Setup :)

• I like it! It reminds me of a DIY FAC Bandit.. with multi-outs.. hey, now there’s an idea.. 🤔 😁

• edited February 2020

@echoopera said:
    Nice man. Any chance you could post a sound sample of the Angelic Reverie Cascading From Your Setup :)

def going to try!
    i keep trying to screen record and ive been getting so much distortion lately on them... it’sweird never had this problem... going to try to fix that then back to posting clip!!!

@royor said:
    I like it! It reminds me of a DIY FAC Bandit.. with multi-outs.. hey, now there’s an idea.. 🤔 😁

ohh good call i guess this is like bandit! and wow bandit with multi out!! that would be siiick

• since i’m having issues with screen cap imma do a little soundcloud jam today hopefully!

• edited February 2020

@reasOne I'm surprised you don't use any pitch shifter.
    Add the AD Discord 4 effect-only in a feedback loop for the octave-up-reverb-tail-shifting effect if you want to end up in heaven 😇

• @reasOne said:

@echoopera said:
    Nice man. Any chance you could post a sound sample of the Angelic Reverie Cascading From Your Setup :)

def going to try!
    i keep trying to screen record and ive been getting so much distortion lately on them... it’sweird never had this problem... going to try to fix that then back to posting clip!!!

@royor said:
    I like it! It reminds me of a DIY FAC Bandit.. with multi-outs.. hey, now there’s an idea.. 🤔 😁

ohh good call i guess this is like bandit! and wow bandit with multi out!! that would be siiick

Def want Bandit with multi-out. Send the Fred Signal.

• @rs2000 said:
    @reasOne I'm surprised you don't use any pitch shifter.
    Add the AD Discord 4 effect-only in a feedback loop for the octave-up-reverb-tail-shifting effect if you want to end up in heaven 😇

oh i do love some discord4! good idea going to run that right after alteza!!!

• @auxmux said:

@reasOne said:

@echoopera said:

def going to try!

@royor said:

Def want Bandit with multi-out. Send the Fred Signal.

we need to contact @FredAntonCorvest and see if this is something he envisions for his bandit!