Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New 12" iPad Pro in Production with 3D Sensing Rear Camera

Comments

• So bizarre to me... if there is any need for a new iPad Pro size, it would be bigger... not yet another in-between size.

Oh well, I’m all in favor of progress and new iPads. It will be interesting to see if any changes to the USB-C port and what CPU it will have.

• edited February 2020

What’s with that camera on the back? I can’t believe they would actually make those lenses protrude out like that .. how is anyone suppose to lay the thing flat on a table and work? And 12” verses 12.9” .. the Mac Rumors .. rumors .. I’ve read say it will be the same 12.9” form factor .. maybe this 12” quote is a typo or something (I hope so) Anyway I personally will continue to use my older 12.9” and 10.5” Pro’s till they kick the dust .. then revisit what’s on the used market as far as the older ones go. I do NOT like the current iPad Pro’s skinny little bezels as I hold these things all day everyday .. and make enough accidental swipes with my thumbs as it is with my older pads thicker bezel .. these new ones would be a disaster used in this way .. for me at least.

• Hope that is a typo, prefer to see a bigger display in same form factor...

• @cloudswimmer said:

What’s with that camera on the back? I can’t believe they would actually make those lenses protrude out like that .. how is anyone suppose to lay the thing flat on a table and work? And 12” verses 12.9” .. the Mac Rumors .. rumors .. I’ve read say it will be the same 12.9” form factor .. maybe this 12” quote is a typo or something (I hope so) Anyway I personally will continue to use my older 12.9” and 10.5” Pro’s till they kick the dust .. then revisit what’s on the used market as far as the older ones go. I do NOT like the current iPad Pro’s skinny little bezels as I hold these things all day everyday .. and make enough accidental swipes with my thumbs as it is with my older pads thicker bezel .. these new ones would be a disaster used in this way .. for me at least.

Yah best to skip a generation or two until it becomes flush. This has that new apple clunky smell like charging the first Pencil.

• Who will be able to pay for that? This will easily be like 2 grand in a nice storage option, if the iPhone pro already costs 1.5K in Europe

• Doesn't look like a musician's iDevice but it's not that we don't have any choice 😉

• How big is that?

• If they up the ram I might be interested otherwise 10.5 still hits the sweet spot for me.

• The 3d nerd in me thinks this may be great for art projects if we get some sweet 3D scanny stuff , but eh, like I even have enough time for music.

• edited February 2020

If it is true, it'd better be in widescreen aspect ratio, lol :smile:

• Between 9.7" and 10.5" => 0.8" difference
    • Between 9.7" and 10.2" => 0.5" difference
    • Between 10.2" and 11" => 0.8" difference
    • Between 10.5" and 11" => 0.5" difference
    • Between 12.9" and 12" => 0.9" difference

Finges crossed.

• @AudioGus said:
    The 3d nerd in me thinks this may be great for art projects if we get some sweet 3D scanny stuff , but eh, like I even have enough time for music.

Ha, I feel this hard

• iPad Pro’s should also be customisable. Optional 3D cam, ram upgrade,... if they want the iPad to be as “pro” as the MacBook.

• I don’t care about cameras or incremental screen changes. I literally never use the camera on mine. What I do want is more RAM and more I/O. 16gb of RAM and like 3 usb-c’s, And yeah... BRING BACK THE HEADPHONE JACK.

• edited February 2020

Agree, Not many people use iPads for its camera. 3 rear cameras would be overkill.

I want at least 1 USB-C, 1 sturdy Lightning for charging (USB-C is flimsy!) and the good old sturdy Headphone jack!!!

Also, I want the memory barrier for AUs increased. More RAM serves not much purpose if AUs are limited to only a small amount of memory reserved for them

• @MobileMusic said:
    Also, I want the memory barrier for AUs increased. More RAM serves not much purpose if AUs are limited to only a small amount of memory reserved for them

I believe that has already happened in iOS13 for the Pro line of iPads. In fact I think the restriction has been completely removed.

• @richardyot said:

@MobileMusic said:

I believe that has already happened in iOS13 for the Pro line of iPads. In fact I think the restriction has been completely removed.

I'm not aware of that (still on iOS 12).

How many AU tracks are you able to add without crackles and AUs crashing with no sound in Cubasis? They should all sound when you close Cubasis and relaunch it and reopen the project. If one AU track fails with no sound, all related tracks fail too of the same AU.

• @MobileMusic said:

@richardyot said:

@MobileMusic said:

I'm not aware of that (still on iOS 12).

How many AU tracks are you able to add without crackles and AUs crashing with no sound in Cubasis? They should all sound when you close Cubasis and relaunch it and reopen the project. If one AU track fails with no sound, all related tracks fail too of the same AU.

Sorry, I don't have time to run that test for you, but crackles and crashing are not related to the same issue: crackles result from overloading the CPU, and crashes are related to memory shortage.

My understanding is that on iOS 13 the Pro line of iPads are only limited by the CPU when adding instances of the same AUv3 plugin, so you can add as many as your CPU will allow, and the memory limitations should no longer be an issue.

However I'm only really going on hearsay, and I haven't done any rigorous testing. I'm buried under a mountain of work right now, but I could run some tests at the weekend if I can find the time.

• @Apex said:
    I don’t care about cameras or incremental screen changes. I literally never use the camera on mine. What I do want is more RAM and more I/O. 16gb of RAM and like 3 usb-c’s, And yeah... BRING BACK THE HEADPHONE JACK.

All of the above and Micro sd slot...but they wouldn’t be Apple if they did that would they?