Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sound Weaver by Andrey Savitsky

Comments

• @BiancaNeve said:

@stormbeats said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    I had to pay twice as well.

@BiancaNeve ok . Its a bit weird that.

Bit annoying that.

Is there files.app support? Where are new samples stored? Export / Open in function? Thanks in advance.

• edited February 2020

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@stormbeats said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Bit annoying that.

Is there files.app support? Where are new samples stored? Export / Open in function? Thanks in advance.

As far as I can see it’s Retronyms AudioCopy app only.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@stormbeats said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Bit annoying that.

As far as I can see it’s Retronyms AudioCopy app only.

Also for save as / export? That’s an awfully closed system. Thanks for the info.

• You might be able to export via iTunes I haven’t tried, but as far as I can detect there are no export options...

• @BiancaNeve said:
    You might be able to export via iTunes I haven’t tried, but as far as I can detect there are no export options...

Too bad. Thanks again.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ahallam said:
    I spent 5 minutes with this and got some cool atmospheric sequences. Is there anything else like this app on iOS? I don’t have any sampler apps, and I’d love something like this that’s an AU.

Tried Egoist from Sugar Bytes?

It’s been on my radar, just seems like overkill. Hopefully this will get updated with some connectivity options. I don’t seem to have a lot of sample processors in my app collection.

• @ahallam said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ahallam said:
    I spent 5 minutes with this and got some cool atmospheric sequences. Is there anything else like this app on iOS? I don’t have any sampler apps, and I’d love something like this that’s an AU.

Tried Egoist from Sugar Bytes?

It’s been on my radar, just seems like overkill. Hopefully this will get updated with some connectivity options. I don’t seem to have a lot of sample processors in my app collection.

I suppose overkill depends on the size of your putative beast (or ambition :) )....Egoist is certainly powerful, it also kicks arse and takes names, so there's that...

• Version: 1.1 is out:

• Files app support. Import any audio file from your device.
    • remove clicks for changing delay time
    • correct restoring regions from a saved project
    • minor UI changes
  • good update!:)
    thanks.

• edited March 2020

@White : just got this. I don’t know if you are the dev, or just reporting the update? First impressions: Nothing here that ReSlice can’t do except the whole file directory randomiser, (And Reslice does much more too) but it is easier to get to grips with, and I admit I like it, a lot. I like the live X/Y FX pads, and it is great for creating/randomising perfect loops EXCEPT it currently has no export function at all that I can find. I am working round this by using IOS screen recorder, then opening the vid in AudioShare, to strip out the audio, which works fine, but it adds some overhead to the workflow. I’m fine with this not being AU or even IAA, and not having Ableton Link (although obviously that would all be great!). Good that it now has files import (though the update doesn’t seem to have reached me yet) but it would make a life lot easier if there was a basic file export to anything - AudioShare or Files for choice, obviously and/or MIDI in to play the slices.Here’s hoping...

• @Svetlovska said:
    @White : just got this. I don’t know if you are the dev, or just reporting the update? First impressions: Nothing here that ReSlice can’t do except the whole file directory randomiser, (And Reslice does much more too) but it is easier to get to grips with, and I admit I like it, a lot. I like the live X/Y FX pads, and it is great for creating/randomising perfect loops EXCEPT it currently has no export function at all that I can find. I am working round this by using IOS screen recorder, then opening the vid in AudioShare, to strip out the audio, which works fine, but it adds some overhead to the workflow. I’m fine with this not being AU or even IAA, (although obviously that would be great!). Good that it now has files import (though the update doesn’t seem to have reached me yet) but it would make a life lot easier if there was a basic file export to anything - AudioShare or Files for choice, obviously and/or MIDI in to play the slices.Here’s hoping...

The developer is called Andrey Savitsky. I found him through some YouTube videos and we communicate via the comments 😎. He is very responsive and friendly and told me that he is working on including Midi functionality in the next update. I’ll try to get him to also add export capabilities which shouldn’t be too hard, given that files support only took a few days.

Like you I am quite endeared by this app. The randomiser is unique on iOS I think.

• @Philandering_Bastard : that’s great news, thanks! I’ll check out his YouTube.

• Looks good but getting a buzz noise when app is open. Not headphones checked with youtube and no buzzing. Strange. Anyone else getting this?

• @Toastedghost: not here on my IPad 2018 running 13.3.1 but you might want to check if the distortion and/or filter X/Y pads are in an extreme state? They can push playback into nastiness.

• If I buy the app does it kill an audio buzz?

• @Toastedghost said:
    Looks good but getting a buzz noise when app is open. Not headphones checked with youtube and no buzzing. Strange. Anyone else getting this?

Everything sounds fine here. Air 2, latest OS. Perhaps try a restart or an uninstall / reinstall?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Looks good but getting a buzz noise when app is open. Not headphones checked with youtube and no buzzing. Strange. Anyone else getting this?

Everything sounds fine here. Air 2, latest OS. Perhaps try a restart or an uninstall / reinstall?

Tried reinstall nope. Air ipad bought last year, latest IOS.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Toastedghost: not here on my IPad 2018 running 13.3.1 but you might want to check if the distortion and/or filter X/Y pads are in an extreme state? They can push playback into nastiness.

Buzz remains even when sequencer is not playing. Turn down all distorts did nothing to kill buzz.

• edited March 2020

@Toastedghost : that’s a stumper. You haven’t got the mic input In the app live, without phones, getting feedback? If not, I’ve had similar issues randomly sometimes with zombie apps not quitting cleanly, and of course you’ll have checked there’s no buzz with any other audio/your speakers or phones, and you tried a full system soft reboot as well as a reinstall? If none of those work, I’m out of ideas, sorry.

• edited March 2020

@Svetlovska said:
    @Toastedghost : that’s a stumper. You haven’t got the mic input In the app live, without phones, getting feedback? If not, I’ve had similar issues randomly sometimes with zombie apps not quitting cleanly, and of course you’ll have checked there’s no buzz with any other audio/your speakers or phones, and you tried a full system soft reboot as well as a reinstall? If none of those work, I’m out of ideas, sorry.

All other apps working great. Have done soft reboot same problem. Also tried without phones, almost sounds like radio hum... nothing else behaving the same. Will wait to see if any future updates resolves this weird problem. Cheers

• @Littlewoodg said:
    I love dat crazy Zillidrone, want to support this dude.

Yup

I am in

• I hope Zillidrone NEVER dies. I love it so.

• SoundWeaver was updated today. It now has .wav export to files.app. This makes it finally truly useful.

• Love it. He also fixed the crackles on iPad Pro 2018. Good work.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    SoundWeaver was updated today. It now has .wav export to files.app. This makes it finally truly useful.

As far as I can see, it only exports stems. Is there a way to export the whole performance ?

• @cuscolima said:

SoundWeaver was updated today. It now has .wav export to files.app. This makes it finally truly useful.

As far as I can see, it only exports stems. Is there a way to export the whole performance ?

I'm still a step behind you; how do you record your performance IN the app? Possible?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@cuscolima said:

I'm still a step behind you; how do you record your performance IN the app? Possible?

What you can record is the step sequencer sequences. You can then group them to be played in a pseudo-song way

• Only thing I don’t love about this app is the pattern and region randomizers. No options, and leaves huge empty spaces in the pattern. Everything else seems more intuitive the longer I play with it. The generate function leads to crazy happy accidents.

• @cuscolima said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@cuscolima said:

What you can record is the step sequencer sequences. You can then group them to be played in a pseudo-song way

@cuscolima thanks....I am finding this thing odd, but enticing.... :)

• Super confused, i see you can export the slices now, but is there anyway to export or record the actual performance or even the step sequence part? I dont see how the exporting of slices is useful, cant i do that already in basically any daw.