Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth Talk with Samplr creator Marcos Alonso

In case you haven’t seen it yet. Quite an interesting read: https://www.beeboxdesigns.com/synthtalk/the-story-behind-samplr/

Comments

• I hadn't seen this, thanks for sharing. I found it very interesting that the desire for consistency and simplicity was first and foremost in the thinking behind not many updates. I have to reopen Samplr for the first time in a long while to see how I can incorporate some of the changes like the addition of Link.

• thanks - interesting to read

• edited February 2020

@jacou thanks for this
    Very interesting to find out Mr. worked on Reactable as well. Samplr, Borderlands, Reactable/Rotor, Loopy, and a handful of others are the musicmaking tools iPad was made for.

• Thanks for sharing the article @jacou

I think these stories need to be heard. There is so much effort involved in creating these apps.