Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

In-app purchases

The App Store is such a mess when it comes to in-app purchases. I see this kind of thing all the time, and inevitably I then just don’t buy the app.

I have no idea what each of these options does, do I need to buy all of them? Is it a subscription that’s just going to lock me out of my own app after a week / month / year / decade?

Comments

• From https://www.algoriddim.com/subscription I would surmise that $4.99 / 4.49 pound is the monthly and $39.99 / 36.99 pound the yearly subscription (no idea about the 35.99 pound charge).

• Apple may be great at hardware, O/S, services and innovations but they are WEAK on the web side. They don't have a search feature on the web AppStore like Google Play or a feature to post a review/rating on apps on the web - we need to use our iDevice only to make such posts (how inconvenient!). They don't even have a Login link on their website and users need to remember the URL or Google it to login lol.

• @drcongo said:
    The App Store is such a mess when it comes to in-app purchases. I see this kind of thing all the time, and inevitably I then just don’t buy the app.

I have no idea what each of these options does, do I need to buy all of them? Is it a subscription that’s just going to lock me out of my own app after a week / month / year / decade?

A lot of the listed in-app purchases are legacy options that the developer may not offer anymore. I’ve seen more than once that the IAP list will include for ex... A developer introduces an IAP that will give you a full unlock for say $3.99. Some time later, the developer decides to either raise the price of that unlock to $12.99 or change to a subscription model for $7.99 a month or $49.99 a year. That $3.99 unlock price will very often remain in the IAP list of the app description even though it’s no longer an option. This is how you can sometimes see 7 different prices for IAP that all have the same name.

• Concerning the £0.00: Sometimes features that previously were an IAP get included for free in a new version of an app. But because there are older devices out there that cannot be updated to the new app version, the IAP should not be removed from the app store. The only solution is to set the price to 0.

• @polaron_de said:
    Concerning the £0.00: Sometimes features that previously were an IAP get included for free in a new version of an app. But because there are older devices out there that cannot be updated to the new app version, the IAP should not be removed from the app store. The only solution is to set the price to 0.

Ah. Interesting, cheers.

• I’ve learned a few things here, thanks. I think I was right that the App Store is a total mess though.

• edited February 2020

It may seem a mess from a certain user perspective, but the design is fully intended...
    Search engine use is deprecated >:) , instead it's a kind of follow the leader scheme that spreads as much content as possible to trigger 'unintended' purchases ;)
    On the other hand it still allows me to retrieve stuff for my iPhone 3gs running IOS 6, which probably approaches it's 10th birthday...

• @Telefunky said:
    It may seem a mess from a certain user perspective, but the design is fully intended...
    Search engine use is deprecated >:) , instead it's a kind of follow the leader scheme that spreads as much content as possible to trigger 'unintended' purchases ;)
    On the other hand it still allows me to retrieve stuff for my iPhone 3gs running IOS 6, which probably approaches it's 10th birthday...

100% agree.

• @fjcblanco said:

@Telefunky said:

100% agree.

Yeah, agreed. Unfortunately this also contributes to the downgraded value of iOS apps compared with desktop software. In app purchases also, which are messy and unreliable. Not good for professional use.
    Generally, unless I really desire the app, in app purchases put me off buying it, because I know it might break the app in the future.

• @Carnbot Same here. Another good reason to avoid in-app purchases is that they don't carry over with family sharing. Every music app I buy also goes on my daughter's iPad for free, but any in-app purchase has to be bought again. For that reason and the fear of it breaking in the future means I just don't buy music apps with in-app purchases.

Except Drambo, obviously I'm going to buy the sh*t out of that