Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stick & Garrote live performance at LI5K0 festival (my first)

edited February 2020 in Creations

I did a live gig at the LI5K0 festival in Helsinki on Valentine's Day.

I used Ampify's Launchpad app for scene triggering, a Launchpad Pro, an Arturia Microbrute and a Zoom G1x Four effects pedal. I ran these through a cheap Behringer mixer.

Very impressed with the variety and effectiveness of the Microbrute – Zoom combo. Little boxes with a ton of kick!

The tracks themselves were made with Nanostudio (1 and 2) and mixed in Ableton Live.

Comments

• Sounds great from what I've heard so far!

I love mucking around and making music on iOS, but considering how often things go sideways for me I don't know if I would trust it for live use!

• @aplourde said:
    Sounds great from what I've heard so far!

I love mucking around and making music on iOS, but considering how often things go sideways for me I don't know if I would trust it for live use!

Thanks! I kept it simple, and only included rock solid gear and apps – this was also my first gig in about 30 years, so I trained for a month every night. I made nearly every mistake during practise, so when I messed up during the performance, I already knew how to get out of it without having to stop the whole show. The problem is now I want to do it again 😀

• @Stiksi said:

@aplourde said:
    Sounds great from what I've heard so far!

Thanks! I kept it simple, and only included rock solid gear and apps

Not to put any doubt into your head, but I did sound design for a show a while ago and used Launchpad to play the sounds. On one show Launchpad started freaking out and started randomly triggering sounds... Fortunately this was a comedy show with lots of improvisation so the random sounds weren't really a problem!

Now this was a couple years ago and I haven't heard of anyone having this issue, so probably just a fluke!

this was also my first gig in about 30 years, so I trained for a month every night. I made nearly every mistake during practise, so when I messed up during the performance, I already knew how to get out of it without having to stop the whole show. The problem is now I want to do it again 😀

Nice job, no doubt you'll be getting more gigs!

• @aplourde said:
    Not to put any doubt into your head, but I did sound design for a show a while ago and used Launchpad to play the sounds. On one show Launchpad started freaking out and started randomly triggering sounds... Fortunately this was a comedy show with lots of improvisation so the random sounds weren't really a problem!

Well, to be honest, it did bug out a couple times during practise, but the probability was so low it was still the best alternative. The other one would have been to use Ableton and my desktop computer and Live’s been very unstable with the last couple of updates. I’d love the ability to perform on the Push, though, that would make a big difference.