Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo pre-release videos: Wiki page is up!

Comments

• edited February 2020

You can use Drambo standalone and simultaneously use other unrelated ios apps at the same time. Meaning I can make music and watch youtube! Game over!

Ios 13 ipad

• Flexi sampler is feeling great now, quick lofi sample automation.

• @Shiro said:
    Left overs from testing today, All drambo modules.

Love the sound - is there sidechaining going on in there?

• @craftycurate said:

@Shiro said:

Yep, the drambo compressor can sidechain so seems rude not to.

• edited March 2020

Looks good

• @Shiro said:

@craftycurate said:

@Shiro said:

Yep, the drambo compressor can sidechain so seems rude not to.

Thanks! :#

• You can export audio files and perfect loops

• Pretty cool. If modules are always built. Maybe any modules could be built for set performance. If say there was a mononoke switch between pads and synth. Then macros and midi to effects could be added. The mononoke switch could switch from sample triggers and arrangment to macros/midi out etc. You could set up 2 maybe 3 Drambos that switch like mononoke but the problem might be audio glitches when loading a new track whilst sound from another is playing but maybe the mononoke function would still be good.

• Even better. A multi out switchable keypad sequencer thing. Generally just the best setup for switching or visible apps.

I dunno.

• @sigma79 I don't know exactly what you mean by "mononoke function" but in Drambo AUv3 you can switch views to either show the pads (and keyboard) or the modules rack.
    Very useful when you don't want to spend the full screen height for one of your Drambo instances.

• 16 tracks of audio like an octatrack, with a mononoke switch and midi or macros out.

Another 16 tracks with a mononoke switch with midi or macros out.

Just then make a simple auv3 effects app with the best cpu performance.

Maybe it isnt all about djing but if its easy to implement. Then you got an app.

• @rs2000 said:
    @sigma79 I don't know exactly what you mean by "mononoke function" but in Drambo AUv3 you can switch views to either show the pads (and keyboard) or the modules rack.
    Very useful when you don't want to spend the full screen height for one of your Drambo instances.

Thats it rs2000. Its in Continua also.

• You can resample any track in realtime, in this case the master track.

• Err messing about with hardware (took the spring out of my synth joystick and its now a bit mad) , drambo midi feeling robust, blackhole reverb.

• Hi @rs2000, @bcrichards ,
    I noticed that the "Modular reading materials" page, linked from the wiki page, displays as raw text, not formatted as html. It would be good if you could fix this. Thanks.

• @uncledave thats all on me. I’ll try and fix.

• edited March 2020

@uncledave said:
    Hi @rs2000, @bcrichards ,
    I noticed that the "Modular reading materials" page, linked from the wiki page, displays as raw text, not formatted as html. It would be good if you could fix this. Thanks.

That's weird. Log in with the same account that you're using here and you'll see the html.
    @Michael Are we missing anything?

https://wiki.audiob.us/modular_reading_materials

• I think I had copy and pasted an editing link for the reading resources into the Drambo page. Should be fixed. Thanks @uncledave

• @bcrichards said:
    I think I had copy and pasted an editing link for the reading resources into the Drambo page. Should be fixed. Thanks @uncledave

I can still only see the code on my iPhone, weird.

• Thanks, guys. Works for me now, logged in or not, iPad Chrome or Safari.

• UPDATE:
    The Drambo Wiki page now has two great introductory videos from @bcrichards:
    A 6+ minute quick start and a 38+ minute tutorial.
    These are rather long videos but excellent if you're not yet into modular synthesis.

Wiki:
    https://wiki.audiob.us/beepstreet_drambo

More background information:
    https://wiki.audiob.us/modular_reading_materials

• I have added a section for "hidden tips & tricks" that are AFAIK undocumented but very handy, hope no one will complain. I'll also add it there. Feel free to edit if it's not formulated well:

• Holding Mute and tapping on track will solo it, mute will remain blinking while such solo is enabled
    • Dragging unit slightly to the side reveals (+) button to add unit in between. You need to tap it with second finger while still holding the unit on the side and when you release the unit, the Add unit popover will show up.
  • No need to tap with the second finger; you just need to release while the + sign is there.

• @bleep said:
    No need to tap with the second finger; you just need to release while the + sign is there.

Oh, thanks for clarification, I was even wondering about such cumbersome solution, but still better than moving devices back and forth ;) Changed it in the wiki.

And please, everyone, share such "hidden" tips that are not mentioned in the tutorial and not easily visible, usually stuff with double tapping, holding and pressing something else etc... I believe there is much more hidden stuff in Drambo than we know ;)

• For us drambo noobs, this would be a super helpful resource if populated. I thank the knowledgeable for their contributions 🙏

• @bleep @skrat @drez
    I have just added a new section to the Drambo Wiki:
    A "Concepts" section and sub sections "Workflow and sequencer", "Signals" and "Real-time parameter control".

I hope that it's going to help a few guys in understanding some essential Drambo concepts.

• @rs2000 said:
    @bleep @skrat @drez
    I have just added a new section to the Drambo Wiki:
    A "Concepts" section and sub sections "Workflow and sequencer", "Signals" and "Real-time parameter control".

I hope that it's going to help a few guys in understanding some essential Drambo concepts.

Thanks!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.