Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auv3 swing effect?

What app, if any would allow individual channel swing in Aum ? Auv3
I would like to oscillate from a tight quantized beat to a more natural flow ... but same time, not completely out of sync

Comments

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

I can’t envision any way that could work.

Even supposing that all the midi passed through a Mozaic script, I don’t see how it would know which notes to delay. But then you have apps that use their own internal swing that wouldn’t go through Mozaic at all. I guess you could add knobs to control their internal swing if they expose those parameters.

That just doesn’t seem like it would work out. I could be wrong though.

• Maybe time stretching techniques then?

• ...or tempo related parameters

• Time for a auv3midi time stretch reel to reel player 🙂

• @Sergiu said:
    Maybe time stretching techniques then?

That would be a miracle to pull off even on desktop. No way on iOS.

• How would you give that "natural flow" if intended ? what kinds of effects? delays? exciters? stereo expanders?> @wim said:

@Sergiu said:

• @Sergiu said:
    ...or tempo related parameters

Any script or other app that can send cc values could be mapped to the swing controls of individual apps if they expose them. The free Send MIDI app from Ape Matrix (can be used in any host), could be used easily for this. Another Mozaic script that could work is “MIDI Randomizer and Scenes” (forget the randomizer part). There are probably others too.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@Sergiu said:
    How would you give that "natural flow" if intended ? what kinds of effects? delays? exciters? stereo expanders?> @wim said:

@Sergiu said:

I think you misunderstood me. I was saying it’s not practical. Real-time time stretching for swing is just not a practical option.

• Got it! Thank you Wim!> @wim said:

@Sergiu said:
    How would you give that "natural flow" if intended ? what kinds of effects? delays? exciters? stereo expanders?> @wim said:

@Sergiu said:

I think you misunderstood me. I was saying it’s not practical. Real-time time stretching for swing is just not a practical option.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

If you really want to have control over swing on individual tracks, then the best, most practical solution I can think of is to sequence them all from an app that has control over individual swing per track. Xequence 2 is outstanding for this. Not AU, but doesn’t especially need to be IMO.

• yeah, I kinda need it individually on any aum channels ///audio or midi...anyways...im sure will get there. Thanks > @wim said:

If you really want to have control over swing on individual tracks, then the best, most practical solution I can think of is to sequence them all from an app that has control over individual swing per track. Xequence 2 is outstanding for this. Not AU, but doesn’t especially need to be IMO.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@Sergiu said:
    yeah, I kinda need it individually on any aum channels ///audio or midi...anyways...im sure will get there. Thanks

Xequence 2 could do this for each AUM channel. Each track has individual swing and can be sent to any AUM channel. It just runs outside of AUM, that’s all.

In fact, you can even separate out by note ... for instance to have hats and snare/kick running at different swing within the same app.

• Oh I see...well I’ll try that out

• Cool. Then go join the pile-on trying to convince @SevenSystems to make a Xequence AU. B) :D

• For regular numbers of notes the Mozaic script Lady Delay might work.

https://patchstorage.com/joc-lady-delay/

You can use it to delay every other note for instance, effectively how a simple swing function might work.

And I believe that all he knobs in Mozaic can be set externally.

• I haven’t purchased Mozaic yet, just because I am afraid I don’t know to use it but I will buy it today . Any good videos to watch about it?