Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The ideal iPad Studio

So this is my ideal iPad studio setup vision.
I thought of how I would set up a studio if all audio processing would be done on an iPad. So the iPad in the center end everything else is built around it.
But why putting the iPad on a table. It would be cool to be flexible and make use of the small size of the iPad. So making music sitting or standing doesn't matter. Unfortunately I couldn't find any iPad floor stand/arm that comes close to this imagined one. So I will probably have to build it using a combination of a floor stand and a quality vest mount arm.

Anyway. Curious to see/hear about your ideal iPad studio plans or even existing studios!

Comments

• Cool concept. They do have some iPad holders that mount on the top of a mic stand. You could use a boom and be close to your idea.

• Here's one that I use for mounting on a swing arm mic stand:
    https://www.amazon.com/K-M-Music-Stand-19790-516-55/dp/B01J1LS4PQ

The height you have the iPad at makes my back hurt looking at it.

• I would place the Ipad on a table, so you can put a cup of coffee and a green plant beside it.

• Clean and efficient looking mock up! I like.

I wouldn’t mind having a floor stand like that if I could find one sturdy enough that wouldn’t have much give to it.
    The following looks like it might get the job done:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R8XRV8Y/ref=psdc_3015412011_t2_B01MU6SKAZ?th=1

• @mjcouche said:
    Cool concept. They do have some iPad holders that mount on the top of a mic stand. You could use a boom and be close to your idea.

Thanks! Yeah that could be a good idea. If there is a heavy stand or counter weight I guess.

• @ksound said:
    Here's one that I use for mounting on a swing arm mic stand:
    https://www.amazon.com/K-M-Music-Stand-19790-516-55/dp/B01J1LS4PQ

The height you have the iPad at makes my back hurt looking at it.

Yeah had an eye on that one. But I guess I'd prefer the esthetics of a wooden plate :) yeah you might be right about the back.

• @Identor said:
    I would place the Ipad on a table, so you can put a cup of coffee and a green plant beside it.

I fully agree. Specially about the green plant 😄 maybe a little side table will do. Definitely something to consider.

• @Eschatone said:
    Clean and efficient looking mock up! I like.

I wouldn’t mind having a floor stand like that if I could find one sturdy enough that wouldn’t have much give to it.
    The following looks like it might get the job done:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R8XRV8Y/ref=psdc_3015412011_t2_B01MU6SKAZ?th=1

Thanks man! That is a great link thanks! Wow that one really comes close! So my vision might not be too far off after all :)

• I would have the keys more central and the iPad so it can be brought forward in front of the keys, or put back behind the keys or just over them.

Having the keys to the side would lead me into bad leaning habits when needing to play a key and then adjust something on the iPad.

Like the Bauhaus She’s in Parties light bulbs though :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I would have the keys more central and the iPad so it can be brought forward in front of the keys, or put back behind the keys or just over them.

Having the keys to the side would lead me into bad leaning habits when needing to play a key and then adjust something on the iPad.

My idea was to put the keys on wheels so it can be moved to the iPad and moved away when playing guitar etc. But I guess the keys would end up in front of the iPad most of the time. I just love the idea to have a fully flexible setup that adjusts to every situation. Specially when feeling like standing and raving around :smiley:

• @dafrimpster said:
    This IPad holder is working great for me.I am using a IPad Pro 12.9
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HLV2JPT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah looks like a nice combo. I like the little gorilla arm. Surely a good setup for both home and live on stage.

• @jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I would have the keys more central and the iPad so it can be brought forward in front of the keys, or put back behind the keys or just over them.

My idea was to put the keys on wheels so it can be moved to the iPad and moved away when playing guitar etc. But I guess the keys would end up in front of the iPad most of the time. I just love the idea to have a fully flexible setup that adjusts to every situation. Specially when feeling like standing and raving around :smiley:

Maybe you could have the iPad on an arm that moves in many directions (like those that have TVs mounted on them but move), that is attached to the keyboard on wheels frame - the whole thing can move then. The arm could be detachable and fit other such mounts around the room or movable themselves. I remember Nine Inch Nails used to mount their keyboards on movable arms when playing live, before trashing them! :p

• I think altogether I challenged myself to utilize the compact size of the iPad and rethink a studio to take advantage of the iPad. I wonder if there will be more iPad offices and studios in the future without big desks that dictate a certain posture/position.
    Desks that can be lifted up to a standing position are definitely a good in-between step but a flexible iPad arm would even be more flexible. Would be great to leave the good old unhealthy office situation and become more flexible again.

• I’ve always wanted to build a keyboard that encompasses multiple iPad screens, but never had the money. Now they keep changing the iPad dimensions, it just wouldn’t look right without all new, same size iPads!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Maybe you could have the iPad on an arm that moves in many directions (like those that have TVs mounted on them but move), that is attached to the keyboard on wheels frame - the whole thing can move then. The arm could be detachable and fit other such mounts around the room or movable themselves. I remember Nine Inch Nails used to mount their keyboards on movable arms when playing live, before trashing them! :p

Haha nice! That would be the next level!

• This one works well for me, if you want to get the same one though, it's going to cost me an arm :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’ve always wanted to build a keyboard that encompasses multiple iPad screens, but never had the money. Now they keep changing the iPad dimensions, it just wouldn’t look right without all new, same size iPads!

Maybe everything should be rigged like a dentists rig. Everything on arms fully flexible 😄

• @AndyPlankton said:
    This one works well for me, if you want to get the same one though, it's going to cost me an arm :D

Yeah I heard of these mounts. Looking very similar to a human hand. Where can you get them? 😅

• @jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’ve always wanted to build a keyboard that encompasses multiple iPad screens, but never had the money. Now they keep changing the iPad dimensions, it just wouldn’t look right without all new, same size iPads!

Maybe everything should be rigged like a dentists rig. Everything on arms fully flexible 😄

I did consider routing out my guitar to place the iPad in it, but that’s kinda too 80s lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I did consider routing out my guitar to place the iPad in it, but that’s kinda too 80s lol

You would need a very large guitar to fit the 12.9 in. Rather also attach the guitar on the dentist rig 😋

• @jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

You would need a very large guitar to fit the 12.9 in. Rather also attach the guitar on the dentist rig 😋

Can we steer away from mentioning dentists? :p

• @jacou said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    This one works well for me, if you want to get the same one though, it's going to cost me an arm :D

Yeah I heard of these mounts. Looking very similar to a human hand. Where can you get them? 😅

Andy has two! Sure he can spare one! :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

😆

• @jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

😆

Or go and see if Marvel will sell you one of these :D

• @Identor said:
    I would place the Ipad on a table, so you can put a cup of coffee and a green plant beside it.

Listen to this guy. He knows.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

😆

iPad music man coming for your rescue

• There are some very robust and flexible (long arms) TV wall mounts available that would let you pull the iPad anywhere you like. Stable enough so they don't swing when you tap on the iPad. It also helps to keep the floor clear, those floor stands are always in the way somehow.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jacou said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

😆

I bet you can find some Giger design biomechanoid iPad stands somewhere in the archives of Hollywood studios 🥳

• Ikea Desk..and the Rest! ( lovin' it )