Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Virsyn Synths Broken on IOS 13?

edited February 2020 in Other

I just updated the Virsyn Synths this morning on both my iPad Pro’s .. one which runs IOS 13.3 .. the other IOS 12.3.1 So far I have tried Tera Synth and Poseidon, on the IOS 12 iPad they run fine, on the IOS 13 iPad there is no sound and the presets are missing in the preset browser (tried in both AUM, Cubasis 2, and Cubasis 3) Anyone else experiencing this? What’s the best way to get in touch with Virsyn? I really dig these synths and am bummed 🥺

Update: Ok I’ll leave this post here in case anyone else runs into this, you have to run the synths in standalone mode first in IOS 13 before using them in your host. All is well now here after doing this. Cheers

Comments

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

Poseidon is fine here on iPad Air 2, latest ios 13.
    Have you tried rebooting? Opening the standalone first? Are you having issues with Standalone, IAA, or AU? Which hosts?

• @wim said:
    Poseidon is fine here on iPad Air 2, latest ios 13.
    Have you tried rebooting? Opening the standalone first? Are you having issues with Standalone, IAA, or AU? Which hosts?

Hi Wim, yeah I updated the above post, on the IOS 13 iPad I needed to run them in standalone first, on the IOS 12 iPad I did not have to run standalone first. Thanks 👍

• @cloudswimmer said:
    I just updated the Virsyn Synths this morning on both my iPad Pro’s .. one which runs IOS 13.3 .. the other IOS 12.3.1 So far I have tried Tera Synth and Poseidon, on the IOS 12 iPad they run fine, on the IOS 13 iPad there is no sound and the presets are missing in the preset browser (tried in both AUM, Cubasis 2, and Cubasis 3) Anyone else experiencing this? What’s the best way to get in touch with Virsyn? I really dig these synths and am bummed 🥺

Update: Ok I’ll leave this post here in case anyone else runs into this, you have to run the synths in standalone mode first before using them in your host. All is well now here after doing this. Cheers

No problem in NS2 or standalone. iOS 13.3.1 iPad 2019. Did you open as standalone first? Makes a difference with some apps.

• @anickt said:

@cloudswimmer said:

Update: Ok I’ll leave this post here in case anyone else runs into this, you have to run the synths in standalone mode first before using them in your host. All is well now here after doing this. Cheers

No problem in NS2 or standalone. iOS 13.3.1 iPad 2019. Did you open as standalone first? Makes a difference with some apps.

Yes standalone first IOS 13 was the solution, thanks 👍

• McDMcD
    edited February 2020

@cloudswimmer said:

Update: Ok I’ll leave this post here in case anyone else runs into this, you have to run the synths in standalone mode first in IOS 13 before using them in your host. All is well now here after doing this. Cheers

You must edit the title ASAP. This was your issue. Tres lame.

For a new title try:

"Some updates require standalone mode before working in your DAW... like @virsyn synths. Who knew?"

"Virsyn Synths Broken in IOS 13? No. Open in standalone mode first."

• edited September 2023

Poseidon Synth Broken for me on ios 16. 6.1 Anyone else?

• @SpookyZoo said:

broken in what way? seems to work fine for me as standalone and auv3 in ios 16.6

• @espiegel123 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

broken in what way? seems to work fine for me as standalone and auv3 in ios 16.6

Thanks for checking. I was missing all synth parameter windows and the preset picker was empty.

I’ve now had to uninstall and reinstall to get it working.

Cheers.