Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video, microTERA from VirSyn, lots of the presets and a tutorial and tour.

Another great synth sneeks in from VirSyn some lovely sounds and a familar work flow, cool beans

Comments

• edited February 2014

Very nice, costly video Doug. What amazes me about VirSyn apps, is the sounds you get from a app that is only 7 mb.

• Another goodie Doug, many thanks

• edited March 2014

• The VirSyn dice are very cool, I like them because you choose what to randomize.

• edited March 2014

• Thanks for the video :) So what goes on with that envelope page, then? It's OK to see presets and hold buttons, but that envelope page looks like it could be explored a bit more ;)

Is that a multistage envelope a la Cube?

• The thing is with reviews of synths is you could go on forever, this is already 25 minutes long, and the envolope page is deep, and would probably be boring to spend a long time on it in a demo.

• S'ok .. I totally appreciate all the vids :) I'm only poking fun, that envelope might tip me into buying it, so I'm just being annoying.... I'll try to work on that ;)

• Would be nice to see the full virsyn tera on ios. When I asked the dev, he said we'll see.

• @skoptic said:

S'ok .. I totally appreciate all the vids :) I'm only poking fun, that envelope might tip me into buying it, so I'm just being annoying.... I'll try to work on that ;)

And to be honest, I'd had the synth about half an hour before making the video and I'm not that sure how all the envolope stuff works :-)

• Nice hold button. Maybe they will bring that feature to Addictive and Cube!
    Thanks Doug for the vid, as always.

• Another smaller size keyboard (2,5 octave or something would be great), and/or make it scrollable while holding note(s), the small riibbon-keyboard above the keys where you change octave isn't really a good solution, and it's only available on one page. They got the modulatations and velocity right for the keys and blades, but only be able to reach 23 keys isn't really working that well.

Anyway, great synth. Well worth the 10 bucks, even if you do have all their other stuff.

• Another great video, Doug!

• Thanks Doug!
    Not exactly blown away by the sound of Virsyns apps. But im probably gonna get this as soon as it goes on sale. And with virsyn apps (sooner or later) they always do.

• microTERA was just updated with AUv3 support, YAY!

• @Samu said:
    microTERA was just updated with AUv3 support, YAY!

Alright, Mighty @Samu - what does this offer me that Tera Synth doesn't? Or is this it's own beast?

• @VirSyn thank you for upgrading microTera to AU. Purchased! Love it.

• @dvlmusic said:

@Samu said:
    microTERA was just updated with AUv3 support, YAY!

Alright, Mighty @Samu - what does this offer me that Tera Synth doesn't? Or is this it's own beast?

It's it's own 'thing', some kind wave-folding/distortion synthesis :)

• AU yeah baby!

• Always liked the sounds you can get from this, easy to change sounds yet some deep editing available, and now AU - what’s not to like!

• edited March 2018

Looks interesting, is something like this possible with that synth!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nk5rojfdgGU

I know we don’t have serum or will ever have, but maybe something in the right direction :) thanks for sharing insights

• I would say that you can get in a similar ballpark - I just messed around a bit and got something that sounded sort of like that with plenty of grit and movement. MicroTera has 4 envelopes and 4 lfos so plenty of modulation sources, I started with the Shampoo preset, mapped one of the lfos to Shaper and one to Chaos, changed the spectrum a bit, added some tube distortion and played low. Not identical to the video, but certainly an interesting sound!

• FYI, All of the VirSyn AU’s are on sale now!

• @PhilW said:
    I would say that you can get in a similar ballpark - I just messed around a bit and got something that sounded sort of like that with plenty of grit and movement. MicroTera has 4 envelopes and 4 lfos so plenty of modulation sources, I started with the Shampoo preset, mapped one of the lfos to Shaper and one to Chaos, changed the spectrum a bit, added some tube distortion and played low. Not identical to the video, but certainly an interesting sound!

Thanks mate!! I just saw as stated above the other synths are on sale too. Does anyone know the difference between Tera and micro Tera? Since Tera is on sale too this might be a better choice?!?
    Thanks again !!!

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Another great synth sneeks in from VirSyn some lovely sounds and a familar work flow, cool beans

My opinion the most powerful of all Virsyn synths for raw power

• They're very different, despite (confusingly) having similar names. Tera is comparable to something like Thor. Semi-modular, with some unique features (wave guide, multi-segment envelopes) as well as a range of what should be standard features (PM, FM, Multi-oscillators, Ring Modulator) and some other fun eccentricities. It's a very good flexible synth.

micro-tera is a waveshaping synth. There's nothing really like it on IOS, and given that waveshaping is fantastic (think distortion and Buchla), it's good we have this synth.

• @cian said:
    They're very different, despite (confusingly) having similar names. Tera is comparable to something like Thor. Semi-modular, with some unique features (wave guide, multi-segment envelopes) as well as a range of what should be standard features (PM, FM, Multi-oscillators, Ring Modulator) and some other fun eccentricities. It's a very good flexible synth.

micro-tera is a waveshaping synth. There's nothing really like it on IOS, and given that waveshaping is fantastic (think distortion and Buchla), it's good we have this synth.

Agree

If I could afford a Buchla I would tell you..
    LOL

• I just seen that this old thread has been revived, I made another video video this morning for the newly updated AUv3 version, very timely indeed

• @cian said:
    They're very different, despite (confusingly) having similar names. Tera is comparable to something like Thor. Semi-modular, with some unique features (wave guide, multi-segment envelopes) as well as a range of what should be standard features (PM, FM, Multi-oscillators, Ring Modulator) and some other fun eccentricities. It's a very good flexible synth.

This is a great breakdown. Thank you! I always thought microtera was a less powerful version of Tera, so found no reason to download. But alas, I have been schooled, and it has been purchased.

• edited March 2018

i hope this means Cube and Poseidon are next for the AUv3 treatment