Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scatterbrain : Multi-Out Audio Effect

Comments

• @RJB said:
    @Brambos Anyone else having a problem with the 8 times option? Once turned on I can’t turn it back off.

Did you try 8 times?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:
    Really enjoying recent purchases. Scatterbrain, such a brilliantly simple idea, executed perfectly, is the cherry on an ironing board!

Top work @brambos thanks for adding the slow mode.

I like that Joc - what are you using, aside from the Scattery?

Thanks Monzo!

Simple bassline from DigiKeys, 4 channels out from Scatterbrain one each through a QVox, Grind, Discord4 and Resonator then all summed through a Kosmonaut. Rhythm is just Axon 2 through an ApeFilter, Granulator, Pro G and FAC Maximizer. All tamed slightly with a dollop of glue from TB Barricade. Bit of muting and unmuting on the fly. No real plan to it but these new toys are a real hoot to throw together.

• edited February 2020

@RJB said:
    @Brambos Anyone else having a problem with the 8 times option? Once turned on I can’t turn it back off.

+1 Happened to me on first try (on iPhone 7, in aum.) Went away after reloading the plugin — without changing anything else. So not sure what caused it..

• edited February 2020

@RJB said:

Yes, and switching from mix to seq in existing projects doesn’t work work either. Reloading didn’t help.

• @RJB said:

Yeah, I'm finding something causes it to get stuck on. Starts off working correctly. Anyway minor correction I'd expect. I'm liking the mixer pad, expands the possibilities.

• Think the sticky slow button might be down to the presets. Some of the existing presets are in the slow mode and in these cases the button doesn't respond. Can't find any other way to replicate as yet.

• @SpartanClownTide said:
    Think the sticky slow button might be down to the presets. Some of the existing presets are in the slow mode and in these cases the button doesn't respond. Can't find any other way to replicate as yet.

Does it work if you save the preset under a different name, then load the copy?

• @wim said:

@SpartanClownTide said:
    Think the sticky slow button might be down to the presets. Some of the existing presets are in the slow mode and in these cases the button doesn't respond. Can't find any other way to replicate as yet.

Does it work if you save the preset under a different name, then load the copy?

No, doesn't appear to. If you save a fresh preset on slow mode it seems to behave though.

• @brambos said:

@Identor said:
    Bram’s app’s are one-trick pony’s, but very capable in doing that trick ;)

Heh.. in my mind that’s how mobile apps/plugins are supposed to be: designed to do one (or a limited number of) tasks really effectively. That’s for me one of the main differences between iOS and desktop: minimal fiddling, maximum impact

"The Unix philosophy emphasizes building simple, short, clear, modular, and extensible tools." I think it's a powerful way of letting users plumb together interesting experiments.
    Your apps always seem to deliver intriguing programmability as an attribute.

• Ah came here to see if people were having the same problem with presets restoring stuck in mixer mode. I’m sure Bram will have a patch out ASAP.

• Thanks for all the notifications, all.

Weird that this slipped by testing. Sorry about that!

I’ve been called away from home for a family emergency. I won’t be able to issue a fix for a few days, but I’ll sort it out asap.

Thanks for your patience!

• @brambos I hope all is okay with family there / sending positive vibes!

• Thanks so much for this app! 😃 Well thought out, fun, sounds great and filled a void.
    Bram da man🙏🏻

• Yes. I am finding ScatterBrain to be central to some new tracks I am working on. Thanks @brambos 🧠

• Awesome!

Update should be out everywhere by now. I think this should solve all issues reported with 1.1. Let me know if you still encounter (unwanted) weird stuff.

• Hey Hey! :)

This may be a silly question, but is there a way to set Scatterbrain to a sort of "mono-mode", where the audio never doubles up, and ONLY sends the output through ONE of the four outputs at any given time, and never 2 outputs at the exact same time?

Thanks for any help achieving this! :p

• @Junebug said:
    Hey Hey! :)

This may be a silly question, but is there a way to set Scatterbrain to a sort of "mono-mode", where the audio never doubles up, and ONLY sends the output through ONE of the four outputs at any given time, and never 2 outputs at the exact same time?

Interesting thought. Let me think about this!

• Really appreciate that! 😀 👊

• @brambos said:

@Junebug said:

Whilst we are here and all waiting patiently and all the rest of it - did you have a chance to think about it? 🤔

• Really appreciate this app @brambos!

Cheers for this!

(Respectful mention goes out to WoOTT too) ... (ToWooTTToo)

Bless

King

• @brambos said:

@Junebug said:

just noticed this... it’s something i was also trying to figure out if WooT could do it.. would be an excellent (cut-up) mode to have :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@brambos said:

@Junebug said:

just noticed this... it’s something i was also trying to figure out if WooT could do it.. would be an excellent (cut-up) mode to have :)

duh!! of course, i meant Scatterbrain.. that was King muddying my mind with his Superb Owl impersonations!

• edited June 2020

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@brambos said:

@Junebug said:

duh!! of course, i meant Scatterbrain.. that was King muddying my mind with his Superb Owl impersonations!

Hahaha!

———-

I’m wondering if this is what you guys are talking about:

Just switch the buttons off!

I think brambos may have been joking(?) when he said: “Let me think about this!”

King

• @KING said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@brambos said:

@Junebug said:

Hahaha!

———-

I think brambos may have been joking(?) when he said: “Let me think about this!”

King

I think it’s for the randomizer.
    e.g. Select all of them as possible outputs for the randomizer, but it can only select one of them at a time.

• @KING said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@brambos said:

@Junebug said:

Hahaha!

———-

King

noo noo.. what @Junebug and perhaps many of us is after is a kind of ‘monophonic’ mode
    where ALL the steps are on ( or every 2nd or 4th on each of the channels eg etc etc ) BUT the signal being fed in can ONLY come out of one of the multi outs at each step , chosen randomly i guess but maybe with the option to ‘cycle’ and even ‘ping-pong’ through the 4 channels at each step..
    I’m pretty sure there isn’t a workaround to achieve this with it right now.. you can have each step with all the channels doing random levels but the signal will always mix to ‘some’ of the channels.
    the idea behind this is that you , for instance, set the first beat to ALL channels , route each channel to different effects on seperate channels and each first beat you will get the hit randomly through one of the four effects..

• edited June 2020

@jolico said:

@KING said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@brambos said:

@Junebug said:

Hahaha!

———-

King

I think it’s for the randomizer.
    e.g. Select all of them as possible outputs for the randomizer, but it can only select one of them at a time.

Hmmm..

Not sure if that reply was for me .. (cause I wasn’t asking a question, if it was) - I was answering - hehe

Peace

King

• I think the original question might need rephrasing..

King

• edited June 2020

@RockySmalls said:

@KING said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@brambos said:

@Junebug said:

Hahaha!

———-

King

noo noo.. what @Junebug and perhaps many of us is after is a kind of ‘monophonic’ mode
    where ALL the steps are on ( or every 2nd or 4th on each of the channels eg etc etc ) BUT the signal being fed in can ONLY come out of one of the multi outs at each step , chosen randomly i guess but maybe with the option to ‘cycle’ and even ‘ping-pong’ through the 4 channels at each step..
    I’m pretty sure there isn’t a workaround to achieve this with it right now.. you can have each step with all the channels doing random levels but the signal will always mix to ‘some’ of the channels.
    the idea behind this is that you , for instance, set the first beat to ALL channels , route each channel to different effects on seperate channels and each first beat you will get the hit randomly through one of the four effects..

Mind blown.. (scattered) ha

I think this may be a job for MuteMaster.

(I don’t have that one) but it may do what I think you need. (Somehow)

King

Added: Either that or you would have to string a few ScatterBrains together.

More Added: Need some type of randomiser with with a “1 voice” in the setup.
    I guess I could put this together, but what app would I need... rhetorical..

I may experiment with the idea later, and see what I can come up with..

• @KING said:

@RockySmalls said:

@KING said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@brambos said:

@Junebug said:

Hahaha!

———-

King

Mind blown.. (scattered) ha

I think this may be a job for MuteMaster.

(I don’t have that one) but it may do what I think you need. (Somehow)

King

Added: Either that or you would have to string a few ScatterBrains together.

More Added: Need some type of randomiser with with a “1 voice” in the setup.
    I guess I could put this together, but what app would I need... rhetorical..

I may experiment with the idea later, and see what I can come up with..

Hell!! i’d forgotten I even had that one ( shades of Monz ) ... is it multi out? can’t remember, quick check.. oh yes... but not in the conventional au multi thing... it has it’s own system & 6 channels,.. i think i found it a bit more ‘inscrutable’ to set up than Scatterbrain which is why it hasn’t lodged in my head basket.. but good call nevertheless.
    still I bet Bram could come up with something on these lines in scatterbrain that will make us smile.

• Have a couple spare buttons on nanokey. Can you map buttons on the mix screen. 1:2 3:4 etc not just whole mix ?