Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gospel Musicians Releases Major Updates to All Synths

2»

Comments

• @Korakios said:
    @Imhodef @Eschatone ,have tried launching as standalone first ? Also I had to set the location of the library .

@GospelMusicians I don’t know what optimizations you did ,but in my Air2 it runs way smoother, thanks :)

Yep, standalone always on first run of new updates. “repair” didn’t seem to do anything, even though sample storage was set to “on ipad”

at least it’s downloading now, hopefully will be able to use it again by this weekend :pensive:
    Same factory packs missing as royers screenshot above.

• You can still download the app. When you first Download please hit the Following icon. This backs up all of your assets to the cloud, so it can be restored back, so you don't loose any of your presets. We have an AutoBackup every Week and it will overwrite after 5 backups.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@wim said:
    :| > @JackDwyerburger said:

Did I hear that they will become universal at some point as well?

Nope. I don't think that has ever been said. Not even for Impulsation, which is the simplest of their interfaces. :|

Creating a new UI for the iPhone is not something trivial. As you can see from all of the AUv3 and resizing issues, there are a ton of resizing issues to consider. In addition the iPhone adds it's own complexity when it comes to Touch area. The touch area has to be big enough to be useable. It's not as simple as slapping on a new UI and voila an iPhone version.

NOTHING in programming is as easy as it seems and in order for any iOS developer to remain afloat with such small costs for the apps, everything has to be done with a business mind and timing all at the same time.

As I said earlier, this has been the reasoning for a couple of years now. Probably a lot more prudent to just declare iPad only.
    You're tired of being asked and we're tired of wondering when. Sounds like you need a UI/UX dev, but that's proving to be cost-prohibitive. That's entirely understandable. If the apps are then iPad exclusive, then that's just what it is.

I do wonder though - have you reached out to other app developers to see how they addressed sizing and "the notch"? I believe there has been some collab between devs here in the past where such issues were sorted with a bit of knowledge sharing. Just a thought.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@GospelMusicians said:

@wim said:
    :| > @JackDwyerburger said:

Did I hear that they will become universal at some point as well?

Nope. I don't think that has ever been said. Not even for Impulsation, which is the simplest of their interfaces. :|

Creating a new UI for the iPhone is not something trivial. As you can see from all of the AUv3 and resizing issues, there are a ton of resizing issues to consider. In addition the iPhone adds it's own complexity when it comes to Touch area. The touch area has to be big enough to be useable. It's not as simple as slapping on a new UI and voila an iPhone version.

NOTHING in programming is as easy as it seems and in order for any iOS developer to remain afloat with such small costs for the apps, everything has to be done with a business mind and timing all at the same time.

So you've said, and I understand. It seems to me, though, that for something as simple as the interface of Impulsation could have been, that you could have eschewed the fancy graphics for something more flexible and easily scalable. Form over function design choices cost more and limit options. But ... that's just my opinion. I've no skin in the game. (Other than that I don't actually use Impulsation any more since I have another app that is universal, pretty darn ugly, but gets the job done.)

For sure you should stick to your vision and that works for your company. I was only clarifying for @JackDwyerburger who mistakenly thought he'd heard Universal versions were in the work. I reconciled myself to your position the last time you made your point. B)

• NSS still has no PC capabilities, right?

• @Keyb said:
    NSS still has no PC capabilities, right?

Correct.

• Dig these updates! Took me a second to figure out the library re-download thing, but good to go now!

• @Keyb said:
    NSS still has no PC capabilities, right?

There are a few customers having issues with downloads. We want to fix this first, then we will update NsK studio. We would rather handle the issues first.

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just to be clear. If I do the updates for Bassalicious and Pure Synth Platinum, I’m not going to lose any settings am I? And will my previous projects that contain Auv3 instances of these apps still save their preset state when I open the projects? I don’t want to have to search for the presets if they lose their saved state.

• Another nice update with cool new FXS. Thanks GM.

Makes me consider buying iFX rack…

• I just realized that Ive been noticeing a bug in pure synth platinum and beatmaker3. If i save the pure synth preset, save the BM3 bank correctly, and then save and close the project, then after opening up different BM3 projects over the course of a day or two, when i go back to the pure synth project, the plug in is still there, the preset is still loaded, the bm3 bank is still saved as "purecrapcusimbadatsynthesis" i can turn knobs and sliders and turn things on and off, checked the solo/mute of the project.... simply no sound will come out of that plug in. no matter what I do. I have to unload the plugin then reload then reload my preset.. just kinda an annoyance... love the synth though. If you want me to copy and paste this post to a different forum or email someone just let me know :) thanks

• edited March 2022

After the last update, it seems that i‘ve lost many presets and GBs.
    Last time the app size was more than 6 GB. Now it is 423 MB!
    Where are my paid („PLATINUM“ !!!) factory presets? I‘ve bought the app in June 2019?
    Now I have only the 128 free presets!!!
    Why I have to pay for the factory presets again?

• wimwim
    edited March 2022

@Iskander said:
    After the last update, it seems that i‘ve lost many presets and GBs.
    Last time the app size was more than 6 GB. Now it is 423 MB!
    Where are my paid („PLATINUM“ !!!) factory presets? I‘ve bought the app in June 2019?
    Now I have only the 128 free presets!!!
    Why I have to pay for the factory presets again?

It's a bug and is being addressed. Explained here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/49693/pure-synth-platinum-free-content-not-unlocking

• What would be the benefit of paying for MKSensation Xtreme over getting the free Pure Synth Platinum?
    Is MKSX a somewhat version of PSP but with all it's iap's?

• edited November 2022

@eylvy said:
    What would be the benefit of paying for MKSensation Xtreme over getting the free Pure Synth Platinum?

Different animals: MKSensation Xtreme is focused on MKS sounds and allows you to open AUV3s instruments and effect and layer sounds

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@eylvy said:
    What would be the benefit of paying for MKSensation Xtreme over getting the free Pure Synth Platinum?

Different animals: MKSensation Xtreme is focused on MKS sounds and allows you to open AUV3s instruments and effect and layer sounds

Thank you