Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which AUv3 Sample Player

2»

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yes, my use case is on the really simplistic side. As stated though I’m going to have to pre fx the sounds, as I won’t be able to use any fx on the track for the most part unless it’s just some fx that each sample can share use of. Any sounds that require the complexity of high levels of multi samples, can keep its own instrument track.

AudioLayer has built-in FX available if that’s any help.

• Thanks for everyone’s help and suggestions. I’ve gone for AudioLayer. Still to decide on a sample editor :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Thanks for everyone’s help and suggestions. I’ve gone for AudioLayer. Still to decide on a sample editor :)

I would start with the built-in editor and AudioShare.
    For comping multiple samples into one I'm using Audio Evolution Mobile, as this can apply effects as well.
    These are probably apps you already own and not every new purpose requires a new app ;)

• edited February 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @espiegel123 @rs2000

What are you both using for making, editing, cataloguing samples on iOS?

I don't do any cataloguing on iOS. I use quite a few different apps for sampling -- it really depends on what I am doing: AudioShare, BeatMaker 3, Auditor, AUM, AudioLayer, Auria Pro.

Those are definitely must haves for me ..only thing I’d add would be Twisted Wave — I love how quick and easy it is to print AUV3 audio effects to the sample or just to selected portions of the sample, sort of like Caustic 3’s audio editor can do with its built in effects. Can obviously do same with BM3/Auria Pro, but not as straightforward or quickly imo.