Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why can’t I hear sound when i set input as figure and output as BM3?

Hi new user here and just downloaded Audiobus , when I set BM3 as output And figure or launchpad as input I hear no sound when trying to record.

Sorry if I’m Missing something obvious ? Thanks

Comments

• How is BM3 set up? Are you outputting to an audio track, or setting the input to a pad in one of the banks?

• Setting the input onto a pad in a bank

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

With BM3, it's really particular which order you load apps apps. What works for me is this order:

1. Launch Launchpad
    2. Launch BM3
    3. Add Launchpad to AB3
    4. Add BM3 to Audiobus
    5. Set Audiobus as the input in BM3

Oh, and make sure background audio is enabled in both Launchpad and BM3. You shouldn't have to do this since AB takes care of it for you, but it's good practice anyway.

Sorry, I don't have Figure installed to test that at this time.

I assume you know you can load Launchpad directly onto a pad in BM3 and that there's a reason why you want to use Audiobus.

I hope that helps.

• Hey thanks ! I still have trouble hearing sounds from the pads when I load plugins such as launchpad directly to BM3 is there something in the settings I need to do first ?

• @Ahad31 said:
    Hey thanks ! I still have trouble hearing sounds from the pads when I load plugins such as launchpad directly to BM3 is there something in the settings I need to do first ?

Plugins it apps? Launchpad is an app. And the distinction is important. Apps like Launchpad live outside BM3 and can pipe their audio to it. Is background audio on? For some apps, you need to launch them first before trying to load them in a host.

• @Ahad31 said:
    Hey thanks ! I still have trouble hearing sounds from the pads when I load plugins such as launchpad directly to BM3 is there something in the settings I need to do first ?

FWIW, I prefer to load IAA apps in Audiobus over BM3 pads anyway, but, as @espiegel123 mentions, sometimes loading the apps first before adding them is crucial, as is background audio being enabled.

I've read things about some IAA apps not rendering on song export in BM3 sometimes too. I don't use BM3 much, so I've never read them in detail.

• Thanks to you both, opening the apps ahead of audiobus works well and background sound tip..... still have some trouble with figure but will work around, cheers