Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiKeys AUv3 Sequencer Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• What's the regular price of this?

I see it at 9,99 Euro - is this a sale?

Thanks for any information :)

• That seems to be the regular price, it’s in a bundle with DigiStix on the UK store so I got both.

• @GrimLucky said:
    That seems to be the regular price, it’s in a bundle with DigiStix on the UK store so I got both.

Many thanks.

I would have bought a DigiKeys + MultiTrack bundle, but there is no.

• edited March 2020

Anyone know where the undo button is hiding ?

• @topaz said:
    Anyone know where the undo and swing options are hiding ?

• @4Pockets : couldn’t find a weblink so posting here. Very much enjoying Digikeys, does most of what I need quickly and very intuitively. Just one thing: might it be possible to add a +1 and -1 semitone option to the Pattern screen transpose function? I enjoy tweaking randomised patterns, and the ability to nudge these up and down by a small number of steps lets me develop the parts across multiple copy and pasted patterns so much easier. Thanks!

• @Svetlovska said:
    @4Pockets : couldn’t find a weblink so posting here. Very much enjoying Digikeys, does most of what I need quickly and very intuitively. Just one thing: might it be possible to add a +1 and -1 semitone option to the Pattern screen transpose function? I enjoy tweaking randomised patterns, and the ability to nudge these up and down by a small number of steps lets me develop the parts across multiple copy and pasted patterns so much easier. Thanks!

I agree :)
    I think he’s more likely to respond via his YouTube video on Digikeys than here. I’ve had pretty quick responses on there. I think I asked for nudge up/down too, but didn’t get a response on that one.

• does anyone know how to directly contact paul the music man? the 4pockets.com website does not mention any of the apps in the app store so i’m not sure if that’s where to go for support or if there’s another email to use

• edited March 2020

@reasOne said:
    does anyone know how to directly contact paul the music man? the 4pockets.com website does not mention any of the apps in the app store so i’m not sure if that’s where to go for support or if there’s another email to use

actually on second thoughts better to p.m. it to you.

• @reasOne said:
    does anyone know how to directly contact paul the music man? the 4pockets.com website does not mention any of the apps in the app store so i’m not sure if that’s where to go for support or if there’s another email to use

I sent him a pm on Facebook through his 4pockets page

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@reasOne said:

The official support address is support @ 4pockets.com. I've been assured it's OK to share that one. He does give out his personal address from time to time, which I won't pass along here.

That website def. needs a refresh.

• I think he responds on Facebook.

• unfortunately i only use instagram but imma try to reach him thru those emails! i appreciate it dudes

• I really like the live matrix.

It looks like DK only has a note range of 2 octaves in each pattern. Has anyone figured out how to have more?
    Only 2 octaves is quite a setback.
    I rather have a greater note range than the internal sounds 😁😉

• can this do triplets and dotted notes? if so where is that located ?

• @Lorichs said:
    I really like the live matrix.

It looks like DK only has a note range of 2 octaves in each pattern. Has anyone figured out how to have more?
    Only 2 octaves is quite a setback.
    I rather have a greater note range than the internal sounds 😁😉

DigiKeys is really amazing. Have you find a way to have more than 2 octaves?

• The 2 octave restriction really sucks.. That needs to be addressed. Has anyone messaged Paul regarding this?? Surely it's a simple fix..

• Does the randomise function produce a monophonic synth line as an option as well as having a polyphonic if you want it?

• @robosardine said:
    Does the randomise function produce a monophonic synth line as an option as well as having a polyphonic if you want it?

Yeah, in monophonic mode it will create polyphonic notes, but will only play the lowest note.
    If you change back to polyphonic mode, it will play all of the notes.

• until i can start a midi note on the 8 or wherever and stretch it to the end of the 24 bar loop, i can’t find much use for this one...i want to useit and i like a lot about it but for the stuff i do having a midi note limited to a 16 bar section of the whole loop isn’t working for ambient stuff

• @CracklePot said:

@robosardine said:
    Does the randomise function produce a monophonic synth line as an option as well as having a polyphonic if you want it?

Yeah, in monophonic mode it will create polyphonic notes, but will only play the lowest note.

Great- thanks. It occurs to me then that what with all the variation options involved there will be nothing much to beat this as a randomising monophonic AU sequencer (given that it also randomises the note length) - would this be right? 🤔😃

• @robosardine said:

@CracklePot said:

@robosardine said:

Great- thanks. It occurs to me then that what with all the variation options involved there will be nothing much to beat this as a randomising monophonic AU sequencer (given that it also randomises the note length) - would this be right? 🤔😃

Yeah it does length.
    The randomizer is very customizable.

• Version 1.10 is out:

Added a vertical modifier for notes of type 'octave' to allow notes outside of the grid range.
    Increased the allowable number of samples per multi-sample to 32 for future Chameleon compatability.
    Added a few more default instrument presets.

• @CracklePot said:

@robosardine said:

Just got it - but I can’t see how to change between monophonic and polyphonic mode?

• @robosardine said:

@CracklePot said:

@robosardine said:

Just got it - but I can’t see how to change between monophonic and polyphonic mode?

• @robosardine said:

@CracklePot said:

@robosardine said:

Pick the instrument you wish to change Poly/Mono mode for from the buttons (labeled 1),
    then hit the Settings button (labeled 2). You will find the the Mono toggle in the Settings pop up window.

• Brilliant. Thank you very much. Now I’m off to get Poison and iMonopoly out to see if I can completely randomly make a tune.... I’ll get Groovebox to do the drums. 😀

• i just realized something that i’m not really digging about this sequncer...

so i have pattern 1 going... with 3 tracks , each going to a different instance of mela synth... all good here,

the problem

i want track one to be 16 steps and track 3 to be 32 , unfortunately when i change track 3 to 32 it also changes track one to 32 steps, leaving track one way to long and creating lots of empty space, sigh...
    so within the same pattern all tracks have to be length? you can’t have different length tracks? i feel like i’ve been able to have different length tracks before within the same pattern so maybe i am just over looking something?

• I don't think you're missing anything. That's one of the reasons I lost interest in it right off the bat. The other is not being able to extend notes past one page of steps.

• @wim said:
    I don't think you're missing anything. That's one of the reasons I lost interest in it right off the bat. The other is not being able to extend notes past one page of steps.

ya its really annoying you can’t have a note stretch from the 10th step to the 24th and the like... i’ve tried to ask paul if he is going to change that but as of now haven’t heard anything back...of course i’ve only been able to reach him via youtube comments this far but i anyone with better contact info should hit him up and see if it’sa thing coming, cuz other than those two things its an easy sequencer to set up with the potential to sequence entire songs with it in aum , it’s so close