Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiKeys AUv3 Sequencer Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• AUM update is coming very soon so I hope the developer adds multi AU out ports for both midi and audio to this and audio ones to his multitrack app. That would make this even more appealing :smile:

• @Carnbot said:
    AUM update is coming very soon so I hope the developer adds multi AU out ports for both midi and audio to this and audio ones to his multitrack app. That would make this even more appealing :smile:

multi au out ports??? explain? i’m lost lol what does this do

• You can bring out individual channels of your multi timbre instruments and f.e apply your favourite AU reverb or EQ or Comp to only one voice (instead of all).

• Useful for drums especially where you want to treat your various kit parts differently. Also enables you to use f.e only kick for side chain.

• i guess i was thinking if you’re using it in aum each synth you’re controlling with digikeys is already on its own channel with its own effects , unless you’re using the internal stuff on DK

• You're right, for digikeys it only makes difference for built in sounds.
    It's more relevant for digistix or multitrack, where at the moment mixing all those voices is done inside the plugin, so you either rely on built in effects or create multiple instances in order to be able to treat them separately.

• Yeah it’s useful for any multi timbral app, multi out for Layr is coming very soon and so is EG pulse. This could use it too. Especially essential for his multitrack app where there could be multiple input ports for recording and an AU output for each track. So then you’d only need one instance.
    Groovebox apps like GR16 would benefit from this if they became full AU.
    I’m hoping Sunvox AU gets gets multi outs too some day :)

• @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Can anyone point me to the no doubt obvious way to tweak levels of individual drum sounds (say) in a specific kit. So, just turn the 'clap' down. As it were. Thanks...

I think 500mg of amoxicillin works for this. :)

YES I KNOW BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DRUMKIT MIXING? :)

:) I haven't a bloody clue mate. The spreadsheet is making my mind numb to certain possibilities, so I've settled on the potential of probabilities to hold me over until something better comes along.

For the record that only my psychiatrist is keeping, you can change each note's velocity by tapping/holding/dragging up or down. Super easy when you know :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Can anyone point me to the no doubt obvious way to tweak levels of individual drum sounds (say) in a specific kit. So, just turn the 'clap' down. As it were. Thanks...

:) I haven't a bloody clue mate. The spreadsheet is making my mind numb to certain possibilities, so I've settled on the potential of probabilities to hold me over until something better comes along.

For the record that only my psychiatrist is keeping, you can change each note's velocity by tapping/holding/dragging up or down. Super easy when you know :)

I find this control super finicky and problematic at best. I find that my note continuously disappears whenever invoking this gesture to adjust the parameter of the Velocity or Probability in that tiniest of circles. It’s at best temperamental when in use in a dark cave in the middle of the night as i attempt to enliven the spirit within to manifest some semblance of a song.

It’s like a game of whack a mole but not in a fun whacking way.

• @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I find this control super finicky and problematic at best. I find that my note continuously disappears whenever invoking this gesture to adjust the parameter of the Velocity or Probability in that tiniest of circles. It’s at best temperamental when in use in a dark cave in the middle of the night as i attempt to enliven the spirit within to manifest some semblance of a song.

The only problem I have with it is if I drift too far left or right it goes off but staying in a reasonably straight line has been working fine.

• @anickt said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

The only problem I have with it is if I drift too far left or right it goes off but staying in a reasonably straight line has been working fine.

Yup. I love the whack-a-mole notion, but am not having to kill any myself. Happy to have it etc.

• edited February 2020

Website? Manual? Struggling with needing more details before I buy.

Mainly I just want to know what parameters are accessible in AUM to be controlled by external MIDI. Anyone else able to take a minute to check on that?

• Welp. This app was certainly a miss for me. Didn’t work out the way i expected. Submitted a refund for it.

Hope we get a decent AUv3 midi sequencer soon with Song mode.

• @echoopera said:
    Welp. This app was certainly a miss for me. Didn’t work out the way i expected. Submitted a refund for it.

Hope we get a decent AUv3 midi sequencer soon with Song mode.

What were the issues and did you contact the dev? He’s very open to input. A lot of DigiStix features came as a series of updates pretty quickly.

• it looks like working in excel from watching the videos. but whats holding me back is the pattern length, i know you can chain patterns but i have long 2/3 minute drones

• @reasOne said:
    it looks like working in excel from watching the videos. but whats holding me back is the pattern length, i know you can chain patterns but i have long 2/3 minute drones

I would love to hear from the dev as regards any possibility patternwise in the future etc.

• edited February 2020

Here's my latest post using Digikeys. It's sequencing multiple instances of KQ Dixie, while Poly 2 sequences drums.

• edited February 2020

@anickt Honestly, it should just be a standard Piano Roll. Not sure why there's so much novelty in this app for how you enter notes. It's not even a proper Step Sequencer model. It's just a burden to use and be creative with. I really felt like I was becoming a Bean Counter using it. The constraints were too much for how I work. No room for Happy Accidents in the end meant no happiness in my soul when making beats.

I couldn't go on with it so I had to send it back.

• edited February 2020

Conversely, I find the app fairly intuitive and fun. It has limitations for sure and I wish for some improvements like more clock intervals, timing issues that some have experienced. But I never see any app on iOS as the one and be all solution. These are cheap modules in the overall system like AUM or Audiobus, that's why gods like BramBos invented Mozaic. There are limitations so there are other tools to overcome them. Fugue Machine, StepBud, all of have limitations but I'll take every MIDI AU I can get.

• @reasOne said:
    it looks like working in excel from watching the videos. but whats holding me back is the pattern length, i know you can chain patterns but i have long 2/3 minute drones

You can use the Speed option per track to divide the time, this goes down to 1/4T but would be nice to have a few more options.

• @auxmux said:
    Conversely, I find the app fairly intuitive and fun. It has limitations for sure and I wish for some improvements like more clock intervals, timing issues that some have experienced. But I never see any app on iOS as the one and be all solution. These are cheap modules in the overall system like AUM or Audiobus, that's why gods like BramBos invented Mozaic. There are limitations so there are other tools to overcome them. Fugue Machine, StepBud, all of have limitations but I'll take every MIDI AU I can get.

Yeah. I wanted to be in your boat sir. Just not ready for the turbulence i was getting. Guess Dramamine might help. Might revisit in a few months...but i just picked up an MPC One so I’m kind of set for sequencing in AUM now.

• Yeah, saw that @echoopera 😀. I'm going to let you ride that for a while, before I choose that path, but One looks dope.

• @reasOne For drones, Atom or Fugue Machine is still the best.

• @auxmux said:
    @reasOne For drones, Atom or Fugue Machine is still the best.

ya i love mouth of those along with spa! i have a hard time drifting away from my trustworthy spa lol but fugue is my other go to

• @auxmux said:

+1
    I’m liking this too, it seems to click with me and fills a gap for sequencing. A couple of things like scales per pattern and iCloud/ files support would be nice as I like to switch between iPad and iPhone but overall I’m happy with my purchase.

One way to transfer songs is by loading DigiKeys in AB and then sharing the AB preset.

• I told myself to wait for the bundle to get it at lower price, but then I realized it have randomizer, did anyone get good results with it?

• @Artair said:
    I told myself to wait for the bundle to get it at lower price, but then I realized it have randomizer, did anyone get good results with it?

• My own question here (perhaps I've missed it already): Export? I've got my song all nicely chained up, export as a wave? As stems? At all? Or do we have to record into AUM or otherwise etc?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Artair said:
    I told myself to wait for the bundle to get it at lower price, but then I realized it have randomizer, did anyone get good results with it?

In the post above, I used a combo of randomizer and sequences I made, and then looped them using song mode.

• can you make a note sustain from the 1 all the way to 32 ?? i’ve only been able to stretch a note from 1-16 then have to restart the note again on 17 on the next page... that’s a big problem for me... anyone know if i’m just doing it wrong?