Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Alteza by Frederic Corvest

Comments

• It’s not showing AUM as an AU (or anything else) for me on iPad Pro. Works fine on iPhone. Reinstalling no good. Both devices on 13.3.1.

• @SimonSaysBoo said:
    It’s not showing AUM as an AU (or anything else) for me on iPad Pro. Works fine on iPhone. Reinstalling no good. Both devices on 13.3.1.

It has happened to me from time to time; I’d recommend a restart if you haven’t tried that already

• @SimonSaysBoo said:
    It’s not showing AUM as an AU (or anything else) for me on iPad Pro. Works fine on iPhone. Reinstalling no good. Both devices on 13.3.1.

Did you tried to open the standalone before load the AUv3?

• @wolfsweat said:

@Philippe said:
    How this compares to 4pockets shimmer app?

I've been using the 4Pockets one for guitar work for quite awhile - while it sounds decent, it has sometimes been glitchy for my - grabbing pieces of harmonics and sending them flying out of control - I think the Alteza verbs sound more natural and rounded.

However, the 4Pockets shimmer is more tweakable, if that's important to you.

Thanks

• @Faland said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

Did you tried to open the standalone before load the AUv3?

I have. It opens fine…

• I’ve just rebooted the iPad a 2nd time and it’s appeared… strange that one reboot wasn’t enough!

• @SimonSaysBoo said:
    I’ve just rebooted the iPad a 2nd time and it’s appeared… strange that one reboot wasn’t enough!

👍

• looks like we got sidechain on this beast now!!!

• Left 5 star review ❤️🙏☝️😌

• It is really cooool. I don’t know what is the difference if I am using instead a compressor to do the pumping trick but the Alteza integrated side-chain sounds better than when using pro-c2 ( to my ears )

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just scrolled the thread but couldn't find any reference to my experience, so will ask here: is anybody else getting constant, building feedback when using Alteza in AUM, such that one has to restart AUM to get it to stop? The sound gets bigger and BIGGER until in the end it overwhelms everything else and threatens to blow my speakers / headphones! Anyone else had this problem?

• @audio_DT said:
    Just scrolled the thread but couldn't find any reference to my experience, so will ask here: is anybody else getting constant, building feedback when using Alteza in AUM, such that one has to restart AUM to get it to stop? The sound gets bigger and BIGGER until in the end it overwhelms everything else and threatens to blow my speakers / headphones! Anyone else had this problem?

What are you feeding into Alteza?

• @audio_DT said:
    Just scrolled the thread but couldn't find any reference to my experience, so will ask here: is anybody else getting constant, building feedback when using Alteza in AUM, such that one has to restart AUM to get it to stop? The sound gets bigger and BIGGER until in the end it overwhelms everything else and threatens to blow my speakers / headphones! Anyone else had this problem?

what’s your feedback set to

• @reasOne said:

@audio_DT said:

I'll check later. It's one of the presets, though so surely it shouldn't build and build to oblivion?

• @audio_DT said:

@reasOne said:

@audio_DT said:

I'll check later. It's one of the presets, though so surely it shouldn't build and build to oblivion?

What audio are you feeding into it?

• @espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:

@reasOne said:

@audio_DT said:

It’s on a mix bus, being fed Alpha synth and three other instances of Alpha multi-out, using Scatterbrain. It plays fine but sometimes - often - just plays and plays, with the feedback becoming ever louder, and continuing even when stopped

• I had that happen before but can’t remember what setup I had running in AUM

@audio_DT said:

@espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:

@reasOne said:

@audio_DT said:

It’s on a mix bus, being fed Alpha synth and three other instances of Alpha multi-out, using Scatterbrain. It plays fine but sometimes - often - just plays and plays, with the feedback becoming ever louder, and continuing even when stopped

• Possibly a stuck note in Alpha?

• @wim said:
    Possibly a stuck note in Alpha?

Interesting thought. I'll swap out Aplha for something else and see if it still happens.

• Digging in, this reverb goes well beyond a shimmer, its fantastic!!
    Headphones on, apply a short simple sound, manual open, explore.
    Well done Fred!👏🏻

Manual- http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Alteza.html took me a few times. Realizing stage 3 is to feedback section helped understand whats going on.

• @Philippe said:

@wolfsweat said:

@Philippe said:
    How this compares to 4pockets shimmer app?

I've been using the 4Pockets one for guitar work for quite awhile - while it sounds decent, it has sometimes been glitchy for my - grabbing pieces of harmonics and sending them flying out of control - I think the Alteza verbs sound more natural and rounded.

However, the 4Pockets shimmer is more tweakable, if that's important to you.

Thanks

More 4Pockets comparisons!
    I own 4Pockets SidechainFX. How does the sidechain effects compare?

• edited June 2020

God bless moment I though “f**k that, I’ll buy it even if I have 5 or 6 delays”. This thing sound amazing as shimmer but even more it shines with mad forward and backward echoes on synths. Put it on over boring fm sequence then add woot and you’ll got pretty unique timbres. Think like “Actress live in Berghain”.

• does anyone else experience regular crashes?

• @lazyass said:
    God bless moment I though “f**k that, I’ll buy it even if I have 5 or 6 delays”. This thing sound amazing as shimmer but even more it shines with mad forward and backward echoes on synths. Put it on over boring fm sequence then add woot and you’ll got pretty unique timbres. Think like “Actress live in Berghain”.

Agreed, in terms of pure smooth sound, this is my favourite reverb, though I usually use it with a much lighter touch than the factory presets

@vasilymilovidov said:
    does anyone else experience regular crashes?

Never get crashes with this. Maybe try a reinstall?

• @vasilymilovidov said:

I dont think that I have ever had a crash with any of his apps….. I hope you get it sorted.

• @onerez said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

I dont think that I have ever had a crash with any of his apps….. I hope you get it sorted.

Same. Fred makes some of the most solid apps around.

• @vasilymilovidov said:

never happened

• reinstalled it, so far so good. app is fantastic.

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    reinstalled it, so far so good. app is fantastic.

you can go bundle without hesitation !