Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HELP! nanoKEY Studio bricked on iPad Pro (NOW SOLVED)

I have a problem with my nanoKEY Studio and hopefully someone here knows the answer...?

I read in the iPad Musician group on Facebook that the latest updates to iOS 13 had screwed up the Bluetooth connection of the nanoKEY and you needed to perform a firmware update to make it work again, so I checked it wasn’t working and downloaded the firmware updater from the Korg website.

I did the firmware update using my Mac, and it appeared to work fine - it told me I’d updated the firmware correctly. However, when I try and use it with Gadget on my iPad Pro it still won’t detect the nanokey by Bluetooth, and if I connect it by cable the iPad tells me I can’t use this accessory cos it requires too much power (even though i put brand new Duracells in it before starting).

The only thing I can think of is that I updated the iPad yesterday to the very latest version of iOS 13.13.1 and that’s brought the bug back and Korg haven’t fixed it yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions cos currently the nanokey is unusable on the iPad Pro

Comments

• However, the nanokey still works: I just tried it with Gadget via Bluetooth on my Air 1 which is iOS 12 and everything is fine. Errrrrrrrm?

• I reckon it’s the latest iOS 13 update that’s the culprit and Korg haven’t caught up yet: their firmware update is dated 11 November 2019 and the latest iOS update only came out in the last couple of days - and it’s the one that changes the name to iPadOS 13.13.1

• edited February 9

Just wanted to post that I have an iPad Pro 10.5 on iPadOS 13.3.1 (this is the latest update) - and I have a Nanokey Studio with the most recent November 2019 firmware.

Everything is working fine for me - including Gadget and other DAWs.

I also have a bluetooth Microkey Air from Korg, and this is working too.

• @tk32 said:
    Just wanted to post that I have an iPad Pro 10.5 on iPadOS 13.3.1 (this is the latest update) - and I have a Nanokey Studio with the most recent November 2019 firmware.

Thanks for the info - I’m on a 1st gen 12.9 iPad Pro - so it would seem that this latest update affects the nanoKEY on some iPads and not others.

Hopefully Korg will fix it again ASAP (only for Apple to break it again with the next update...)

• You might have made the same inadvertent mistake I made: make sure you connect via BLE, not vanilla Bluetooth. If your nanokey is in the regular Bluetooth listing remove it, try again directly from gadget/the BLE app.

• Have you tried to forget NanoKEY in BT devices? Then try to pair it again with BLE-MIDI app from Korg firstly.

• @Janosax said:
    Have you tried to forget NanoKEY in BT devices? Then try to pair it again with BLE-MIDI app from Korg firstly.

That’s fixed it! EXCELLENT thanks a lot :smile:

I had already told Gadget to forget the nanoKEY but I’d forgotten to remove it from the BT device list in the iPad settings, so I took it out and it’s done the trick

I also checked the Gadget settings and found that ‘Allow Gadget to use Bluetooth’ was turned off. I haven’t used my nanoKEY in a little while, so maybe that setting got changed in an update of some kind?

Anyway, whatever, I’m really happy it’s working again cos it’s just about to come on holiday with me for some mobile music making in the sun! (or should I say ‘warm weather in the shade’ cos iPads hate direct sunlight!)

Thanks everyone!

• Everything is working fine here. Air 2, 13.3.1, connected via normal Bluetooth, not BLE.

• For the record, I connected via normal Bluetooth too, but I did have have to enable it as a midi input source in the gadget midi settings.