Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone have a Korg Nu:tekt NTS-1 yet?

Comments

• Love the NTS, bought a second one, then bought a minilogue XD. LOVE the XD!! One of my fave synths all time! (And I have or had all the big ones)

• Hey, can the micro freak use Its midi in>? thx!

• Thomann have the NTS-1 at a suspiciously low price now

• @u0421793 : remember if in the UK that Thomann advertise their prices without including 20% VAT. They seem to have only recently started doing this. It is either some Brexit related nonsense, or they are trying to game price comparisons against their rivals, as everybody else in the UK market advertise prices with VAT included.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Svetlovska said:
    @u0421793 : remember if in the UK that Thomann advertise their prices without including 20% VAT. They seem to have only recently started doing this. It is either some Brexit related nonsense, or they are trying to game price comparisons against their rivals, as everybody else in the UK market advertise prices with VAT included.

Still a lot cheaper than it was, including vat

• @u0421793 said:

@Svetlovska said:
    @u0421793 : remember if in the UK that Thomann advertise their prices without including 20% VAT. They seem to have only recently started doing this. It is either some Brexit related nonsense, or they are trying to game price comparisons against their rivals, as everybody else in the UK market advertise prices with VAT included.

Still a lot cheaper than it was, including vat

Sure? It used to be cheaper from what I remember.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wish Korg would release the NTS-1 as a polyphonic AUv3 (Synth & Effect) during 2021...

I’d gladly pay +$19.99 for it :D

• R_2R_2
    edited February 2021

Just saw a post about Ghost Time OSCs on Synthopia.
    Sneq looks interesting

• I did a test live stream with the NTS-1 a week or so ago. Just as a test, incredibly boring, even goes silent in parts in the first part, but there’s energy coming out of the meter on the multiview of the ATEM so I thought why not carry on sequencing some synthesised silence. Anyway, it’s not very good:

NTS-1 + SQ-1 January Live Stream

• Just bought one and can’t wait for it to arrive. Anyone have any resources on how to make your own oscillators and effects?

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Just bought one and can’t wait for it to arrive. Anyone have any resources on how to make your own oscillators and effects?

https://github.com/korginc/logue-sdk

• @u0421793 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Just bought one and can’t wait for it to arrive. Anyone have any resources on how to make your own oscillators and effects?

https://github.com/korginc/logue-sdk

Awesome thank you

• edited June 2021

There’s some May and June 2021 downloads on this page
    Nothing relevant to me, but maybe to someone

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/832/

• I use the MOMO editor for Mac and it was like 5 bucks, but basically turned it from toy to beast. It opened up the parameters and knobs and you can also download new oscillator and effects. Its quirky and there are alot of lil things that irk me but its great for circuit bends and things are labeled, even midi. Mine needed to be like ;ultra grounded to get no hum as well so I understand people disliking it. I think now that I got it rolling proper I like alot, the effects that you make are pretty sick and out there.

• @oceansinspace said:
    I use the MOMO editor for Mac and it was like 5 bucks, but basically turned it from toy to beast. It opened up the parameters and knobs and you can also download new oscillator and effects. Its quirky and there are alot of lil things that irk me but its great for circuit bends and things are labeled, even midi. Mine needed to be like ;ultra grounded to get no hum as well so I understand people disliking it. I think now that I got it rolling proper I like alot, the effects that you make are pretty sick and out there.

What did you do to get rid of the hum? I’m constantly having that problem with it and it’s a bummer cos I really like the little guy

• I had to kinda muck about with the internals and just poking around with a grounded wire, until I found a spot that eliminated it. Sorry thats so un-scientific and maybe some else knows better. You know all those unused pin points on the pub board? I don't want to advise as I could have finked mine up but had the feeling I had a chance. Im actually really curious about the hacking possibilities and what all those makes soldier points can do. Ok: tech persons help@ha

• Some days ago bought a NTS-1 because…I don’t know.

The thing is, yesterday I was playing and I have an opinion about it

I have never enjoyed so much about play one gadget than NTS-1.

It’s AMAZING!!!!

And today I spent 2 hours more!

• 130 free presets from Lfo store

• Yeah its ace for the price as you can change effects and synths. I even got my Sheppards infinite tone synth on there.

• What did you do to get rid of the hum? I’m constantly having that problem with it and it’s a bummer cos I really like the little guy

Sometimes the power from the computer USB port will cause the hum. Try powering it from a USB power supply that plugs into the wall vs. USB port on the computer, if you haven't already.

• @Fingolfinzz said:

What did you do to get rid of the hum? I’m constantly having that problem with it and it’s a bummer cos I really like the little guy

The 'hum' is caused by a usb ground-loop. The same issue that plagues the UNOSynth...

For me it's a matter of hooking up a midi-cable from my UR-242 to the NTS-1 (5-Pin to 3.5mm) or a 3.5mm cable from the LaunchpadPro's Midi out to the NTS-1. It takes a bit trial and error depending on what is powering the NTS-1.
    (USB port from the computer, usb-phone charger or hub etc.).

Another way is to use an audio-cable with groundloop-isolator which lowers the noise but doesn't completely eliminate it compared to properly hooking everything up.

Still I do wish Korg would release a NTS-1 AUv3 :sunglasses:

• I've just come across this. I dismissed it because it looked quite basic. Didn't realise it was programmable.

I might just dive in.

• Thanks to links in this thread I am contemplating the awesome Momo Korg NTS-1 Editor and Sound Bank. Looks great but can it save patches that use custom oscillators or fx? I'm really hoping to install Sinevibes Stator and Corrosion and would love to save presets involving them.

Thanks!

• I wish it was an AUv3…
    C’mon KORG, StepIT UP!!!

• What would be interesting is if the circuit diagram were available, and board layout diagram, finding the output DAC and replacing it, perhaps via optical, with something that isn’t just a headphone driver but rather a proper balanced isolated output offboard DAC that stands some chance of avoiding the digital noise. It doesn’t have to be a super expensive audiophile solid gold DAC of the type used to relieve obsessive people of their excess money, just a simple cheap decent breakout board sort of thing.

Essentially it needs an output that isn’t a headphone jack and isn’t noisy.

• Yea, and its ultra hackable! I have imported wild digital socilattors in this Mac program. Then there are soldier points for audio in and midi out etc, alot of fun stuff, like I added a guitar size jack and lil things that just make it work for me. It also runs for days on a lil usb power supply Its alot better than first glance. I got Shepard tones on it and that alone is my favorite! adding the high quality effects sound good through a nice system or headphones.

• Oh, and one top for MOMO editor thats my gang buster. Go for it. Not a scam either.

• dude, I fixed that hum too. Im a self taught hacker so don't trust me but I remember there were many spots to ground it. Cheers and you will really like it with midi too!