Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DAW suitable for electronic music production.

13»

Comments

• The workflow that works best for me is to run Zenbeats on iPad with MIDI out to either Auria Pro for the Fabfilter synths/effects or Logic Pro for desktop synths/effects. Then I record both the MIDI and audio into Logic. This gives me the Ableton Live workflow using touch and Logic everything else. So far so good, though only been using it for a few days.

• Well, thanks to this thread, I discovered that you can drag and drop from Readdle’s Documents app, into other apps. Just did it with Koala, in split screen.

!! Smiley face etc.

• The recent upgrades for this have been stellar. (Am not affiliated.)

• Well, I do mostly Retrowave stuff these days and a few ambient tracks as well. My workflow is generally doing everything in Auria Pro for Retrowave and starting in Garageband then continuing in Auria Pro for ambient stuff.

• I also make mainly edm music and I use beatmaker 3 for it. There are some flaws right now, but there is a workaround for everything. I just love the workflow with the banks/pads. One thing I really love is, that the build in compressor is the only one on the Plattform that can do real sidechain.

Things I would love to have in bm:

• change the routings of a bank to another one to do easy busses (there are ways to do this but it’s a Little bit inconvenient)
    • The ability to freeze tracks to free cpu
    • The ability to copy effectchains without copying the whole bank
    • Maybe some way to use effects without using the whole screen
    • Mpe Support

Besides those points I don’t really miss anything

• @Identor said:
    Yesterday, i had the opportunity to try out my iPad with BitWig studio on my iMac. It was possible to record loops in BitWig from AUM on my iPad. Ableton Link works good, and i can even Record Arm from the timeline indicator. I only have to press Play in AUM, and Bitwig start recording in sync. Now i can Noodle with AUM and Use it directly in BitWig. This way i can try out different loops. Mention that i'm using the IConnect Audio 4+

A while ago I gave the Bitwig trial a shot on my desktop with Duet on the ipad as the touch screen for Bitwig. Not bad! It felt like having Bitwig and all my vsts on my iPad with the ability to switch to iOS apps. There were some hiccups like not being able to use the lightning connection for Duet if I wanted my midi interface and thus using wifi mode which was laggier than it should have been but it felt neat for a bit.

• Wow. Thread reply quality is crazy high on this one. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

For me, for getting electronic(ish) music created and developed, it’s definitely NanoStudio. No audio, no AU FX automation and no AU MIDI capture are bummers but far from deal breakers for me. Everything else is just delightfully good/easy.

Plus, there are work arounds for most things if you really need them. TBH, I mostly don’t use them though. There’s enough natively in NS that I just change my method and get on with it.

I should prolly add: 1) I don’t really work with sampled loops and 2) I was a beta tester/long-time-super-fan.

• Anything and everything really. I don’t think there’s any approach that wouldn’t work.

• @syrupcore said:
    Wow. Thread reply quality is crazy high on this one. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

For me, for getting electronic(ish) music created and developed, it’s definitely NanoStudio. No audio, no AU FX automation and no AU MIDI capture are bummers but far from deal breakers for me. Everything else is just delightfully good/easy.

Plus, there are work arounds for most things if you really need them. TBH, I mostly don’t use them though. There’s enough natively in NS that I just change my method and get on with it.

I should prolly add: 1) I don’t really work with sampled loops and 2) I was a beta tester/long-time-super-fan.

Agreed I’m writing pretty much electronic music and I’ve now just settled on only NanoStudio 2 and nothing else on my iPhone. I’ve got a tune right low I’m finishing up that’s going to be 100% NS2 but figuring out the last arrangements. You can get an idea of various styles from my SoundCloud at

http://soundcloud.com/dreznicek

I tend to not be genre specific so you might be able to get an idea of it’s breadth.