Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One synth to master

Comments

• edited February 2020

I think it went from polyphony of 16 down to 12 on the last update - iPad that is!

• @ajmiller said:
    I think it went from polyphony of 16 down to 12 on the last update - iPad that is!

It got fixed back to 16 in 1.3.6

• Ok - you’re the oracle! Only just saying what it says on the store!

@MobileMusic said:

@ajmiller said:

• edited February 2020

@ajmiller said:
    Ok - you’re the oracle! Only just saying what it says on the store!

@MobileMusic said:

@ajmiller said:

iPad has 16, iPhone has 8 (this is hardware limitation).
    iPad has 650 presets, iPhone has 300 presets by default.
    AppStore states the same.
    I just edited my comment.

• @zeroG said:

I am not very advanced in synth programming but I can tweak effectively enough. So far I’m inclined toward Sunrizer as it’s versatile, stable, full screen AUv3, sounds great, is cpu efficient and not too confusing to program.

ZEEON
    ZEEON
    ZEEON
    ZEEON

• OMFG we are the same person, lol

• edited February 2020

:/

• Oops just sent a screenshot from the iPhone version but the iPad version says the same!

• @ajmiller said:
    Oops just sent a screenshot from the iPhone version but the iPad version says the same!

What @kv331audio_bulent means is that those issues were fixed. It is confusingly stated but the version restored the 16 voice polyphony that was mistakenly reduced in the previous version.

All those issues listed are the ones fixed.

• @ajmiller said:
    Oops just sent a screenshot from the iPhone version but the iPad version says the same!

I think it’s saying that it was a problem that’s been fixed

• Ah! Thanks for the clarification. Hold my hands up to the oracle! :)

• @espiegel123 said:

@ajmiller said:

What @kv331audio_bulent means is that those issues were fixed. It is confusingly stated but the version restored the 16 voice polyphony that was mistakenly reduced in the previous version.

All those issues listed are the ones fixed.

And I tested the actual iPad and iPhone apps and found polyphonies as stated on the store pages.

• @RobertFernandes said:
    Hi!

Great suggestions on the posts above!

I had the same question and I went with Zeeon.

If you have some extra bucks to invest, you can get the full experience of programming it. (See picture)

I only use one instance at a time though.

At first I thought you had scribbled directly on the Minilab, but on closer inspection I see it's paper stuck down. It would be pretty cool to make Illustrator or Photoshop templates that could be printed out for various iOS synths and swapped out interchangeably on the Minilab.

• @RobertFernandes said:
    Hi!

Great suggestions on the posts above!

I had the same question and I went with Zeeon.

If you have some extra bucks to invest, you can get the full experience of programming it. (See picture)

I only use one instance at a time though.

hi Robert..I like what you did here with the labels on the mini..are these freehand or stickers or what? I always thought a template sheet oud be a good solution.

• well not an oud solution..but would..

• @zeroG said:
    Yes Poison was mentioned, I’m aware it’s got a good reputation but how suitable is it for genres outside of EDM? Think space rock

It’s solid, I’ve got it to do all kinds of stuff way beyond EDM (and I hate EDM type stuff)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    The answer is in the question :D (sorry I had to make this joke :p )

I was trying to come up with something like this.. :)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    The answer is in the question :D (sorry I had to make this joke :p )

Glad you pointed this out, and it’s no joke! :)

• @richardyot said:
    At first I thought you had scribbled directly on the Minilab, but on closer inspection I see it's paper stuck down. It would be pretty cool to make Illustrator or Photoshop templates that could be printed out for various iOS synths and swapped out interchangeably on the Minilab.

That is a great idea! It would be very nice.

@johnp352
    What I did was take the shapes out of the manual and composed it on an image editor. Then printed it on “thick paper”, kind of like card. Afterwards I just used some crayons to paint the different colors :smile:
    Next time, If I have the time, I will print out the colors directly from the computer to make it look better. Probably not, as too much time is involved.

Will share the Minilab templates, however, in case someone doesn’t want to take the time to map all the templates with different CC’s. ;-]

• @zeroG said:

I have Syntorial but not used it much. AUv3 strongly preferred though

Primer (as a separate free app) is AUv3.

• @Masanga said:

@zeroG said:

I have Syntorial but not used it much. AUv3 strongly preferred though

Primer (as a separate free app) is AUv3.

Ha! I had no idea - thanks for the heads up

• LayR - as simple or as deep as you want it to be.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    LayR - as simple or as deep as you want it to be.

Is the limitations to the amount of layers it can have only limited by the cpu? I have it but haven’t opened it up too often but it’s been nagging at me lately to play it

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

Is the limitations to the amount of layers it can have only limited by the cpu? I have it but haven’t opened it up too often but it’s been nagging at me lately to play it

I have created patches with more than 30 oscillators. It is awesome.

• @espiegel123 said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Pretty much. My one sort-of-complaint is that it’s easy to get confused after a while. I have resorted to sketching out a patch with pen and paper which is no help at all if you go back to it after a few months.

• If you want to spend many years just on a wild programming journey, try VirSyn Tera Synth. It has its issues, but I can just end up on a journey of making weird sounds for days on end...OK then, this is probably not the synth to go for if you just want to make some music lol ;)

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Pretty much. My one sort-of-complaint is that it’s easy to get confused after a while. I have resorted to sketching out a patch with pen and paper which is no help at all if you go back to it after a few months.

This will be true of any synth that gives you so many building blocks and possible pathways, no? Keeping notes for complex patches seems like good practice .

• For me it would be Zeeon and Continua. Both offers wide range of sounds with plenty of modulation.
    On paper SynthMaster could be something really hard to beat (both range and sound wise), but for me at its current state it's maximum a preset player, not a synth. Barely ever reach for it, because of its terrible UI.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

This will be true of any synth that gives you so many building blocks and possible pathways, no? Keeping notes for complex patches seems like good practice .

Ja, but I’m lazy and disorganised 😢

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    For me it would be Zeeon and Continua. Both offers wide range of sounds with plenty of modulation.
    On paper SynthMaster could be something really hard to beat (both range and sound wise), but for me at its current state it's maximum a preset player, not a synth. Barely ever reach for it, because of its terrible UI.

Just curious, what makes it terrible in your opinion? It’s busy because there’s a lot going on but I don’t recall ever getting lost.