Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU for audio files in Nanostudio?

what apps would you guys suggest to playback an audio file in Nanostudio 2 and stay i time with the daw

Comments

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

MultiTrack Recorder by 4Pockets.

Works great. However, know that it isn't possible to record into it from outside the app. You can record to it from tracks in the app, and you can load files from the files app, but there isn't any way to capture an audio stream from outside the app.

Workaround is to record in another instance in AB, AUM, or the standalone app, then import the audio.

Oh, and no real time audio stretching, though it does have offline processing.

• edited February 2020

Hrmmm....I haven't tested this, but I wonder how L7 Looper would work in NS2? Hrmmm...something to snack on today at lunch I guess :)

Nevermind...doesn't work to record in...

• @wim said:

Works great. However, know that it isn't possible to record into it from outside the app. You can record to it from tracks in the app, and you can load files from the files app, but there isn't any way to capture an audio stream from outside the app.

Workaround is to record in another instance in AB, AUM, or the standalone app, then import the audio.

cool. this should work, as i’m just importing files into it to play back with other instruments.
    also, how do you record into it internaly. is it clunky or a smooth process?

• @eross said:

@wim said:

cool. this should work, as i’m just importing files into it to play back with other instruments.
    also, how do you record into it internaly. is it clunky or a smooth process?

Smooth as butter. Just load it as an AUFx on the track you want to record, or on a send track for more flexibility.

• Thank you for this thread! Multitrack Recorder works great and allows for real-time of recording MIDI FX in NS2.

• @trancespotter said:
    Thank you for this thread! Multitrack Recorder works great and allows for real-time of recording MIDI FX in NS2.

Hold up. Lol. Multitrack recorder records midi fx?

• I'm guessing real-time recording of the output of apps driven by MIDI FX is what was meant.

• @wim said:
    I'm guessing real-time recording of the output of apps driven by MIDI FX is what was meant.

Gotcha.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@wim said:
    I'm guessing real-time recording of the output of apps driven by MIDI FX is what was meant.

Gotcha.

Yea this. Meaning I can tweak Perforator (for example) and record the audio output.