Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

monitors /speakers/ just for jamming or small live performance

I need to get out of my headphones and feel the music. I’m not looking to mix with them. but i want some stereo speakers or pa that has some bass and is clear just for jamming with friends, or maybe even a small live show at a coffee house or something. what do you guys use or recomend?

Comments

• When you say "stereo speakers," do you mean one speaker you can put over here and another over there, or are you OK with a single unit that has two speakers capable of playing in stereo?

• @kgmessier said:
    When you say "stereo speakers," do you mean one speaker you can put over here and another over there, or are you OK with a single unit that has two speakers capable of playing in stereo?

single unit would be fine. I just don’t want to limit it to a Mono system

• edited February 2020

@eross said:
    I need to get out of my headphones and feel the music. I’m not looking to mix with them. but i want some stereo speakers or pa that has some bass and is clear just for jamming with friends, or maybe even a small live show at a coffee house or something. what do you guys use or

Well what I ‘have’ been using in my main room to ‘feel’ the music (play it loud) is use a pair of Yamaha HS8’s and a KRK 10S Subwoofer, in my other room it’s a pair of Tannoy PBM’s powered by a Hafler Pro2400 amp and a Velodyne CT15 Subwoofer. Be careful though man cranking your music up to feel it, and if you need too for live gigs wear ear plugs, I’ve developed a constant ringing in my ears/head (Tinnitus), and a painful sensitivity to certain frequencies now going on a year and a half from just turning up my speakers to ‘feel’ the music in the studio. Anyway your going to get a million different responses as we are all different with different ears, so I suggest you put some tracks on your iPhone or iPad and go down to guitar center or your equivalent music shop and run your tracks through various Studio Monitor/Subs .. or PA systems till you find a set that move you in a groovy way. But seriously again watch your volumes while your ears are still good .. 24/7 ear ringing for the rest of your life sucks.

• I have an iLoud, which is on the pricier side but sounds great. The bonus for me is that it doubles as an instrument interface.

• I use Minirigs for my living room jamming setup. They are Bluetooth capable, but I use them wired for music making. 2 single speakers and a sub or a combination thereof. I didn’t buy them for this purpose, but they’ve turned out to be ideal.

• I love Bose speakers. Couple other Bluetooth speaker brands broke or the EQ is off and sounds distorted at loud volume. Also, the relatively cheap M-Audio monitors I bought have lasted 10 years. One plug for the pair, and it has several different inputs including 1/8” in front with headphone output. Use them every day.

• edited February 2020

samson makes pretty good studio monitors, so i bet these little dudes would pack a nice punch for a portable solution
    https://www.google.com/shopping/product/14959112376735985835?q=samson+speakers&prds=epd:15866464228355392233,prmr:3,tpim:CIPg6d767fOFSxDCjKjqqL6brJYBGPDz1i8iA1VTRCjP9Z3yBTDF1gI,pdprs:5,cs:1&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_source=tu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&utm_campaign=43845&gclid=Cj0KCQiAsvTxBRDkARIsAH4W_j9kj0v3k5BHEGefZtd7WKSFyW-Zz9IDcgOjV0hrA-765FG8hI-fesIaAi8eEALw_wcB

Samson's MediaOne BT4 Active Studio Monitors are the ideal speakers for all your multimedia needs and feature the ability to connect to your smart phone, laptop or tablet via Bluetooth. Whether you're listening to music, producing tracks, watching videos or gaming, these monitors provide dynamic and reliable audio. MediaOne BT4 monitors feature the highest quality components, a stylish new look and are packaged as a stereo pair.

• depends on your price range. I'd second the MiniRigs for just getting louder in the room but still with good fidelity and bass.

You could probably play out with their 'bundle' which include's a sub...

but for anything bigger than a coffee shop you might consider the JBL EON series . Sort of a compact modular PA pod ...two speakers and a mixer all in one...