Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiKeys AUv3 MIDI Sequencer Plugin Preview for iPad.

Comments

• edited February 2020

I don’t have the 4pockets DAW thing that @MonzoPro is having issues with but I do sympathise.

I bought one of the ‘bigger’ iOS DAWs and found it to be unusable for me and a total waste of money. When I mentioned some of the issues here I got a similar kind of response monzoP is getting.

I don’t see any problem with people sharing their genuine experiences. If somebody else doesn’t experience the same bugs in the same circumstances then of course it’s fair for them to share the counter experience too (as long as it doesn’t come with an unnecessary and patronising dig).

I’ve bought apps that people complained about here in the past (aforementioned DAW for example) and wish I’d taken more notice. I will definitely take more notice in the future so welcome peoples’ experiences both good and bad.

And let’s face it, It’s not difficult to pick out the wheat from the chaff. Some complaints are clearly more valid than others and it’s not hard to see when somebody is being genuine and are clearly well informed.

• Very interesting. Hope that the dev continue to support also the latest apps and fix 🐛

• Seems like it covers a lot of base's, is it only me that doesn't like the look of it, hopefully I am not sounding rude, I couldn't make a powerful app like this, but I feel if I am staring at this for long periods, it's going to annoy me.
    I just want something that looks more modern etc
    That's why I brought pulse instead of Digi stix, last time round.

I might have to buy it thou !!
    Just my opinion,
    Good luck on the release, hope it's another step towards you becoming a millionaire

• @MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Fix the bugs in Multi-Track!

FFS. Still pumping out new apps and not fixing existing ones.

What are the significant bugs still in multitrack?

There's a list of them in another thread, and I've contacted the dev. There was an update, but none of them were fixed. I contacted the dev again a few months back but heard nothing since.

Basically they make the app unsable for me. I'd take it on the chin and put it down to experience, but I feel really strongly when bugs aren't fixed but a developer then carries on pumping out new apps.

It's not on, and shouldn't be encouraged.

The app is totally unusable for me, too. Horrible bugs.

• edited February 2020

@wim said:
    I'm with MonzoPro on this one. He's legitimately feeling burned and is raising a flag for others that might feel that way if this one goes the same way.

I'd say that if the app isn't usable for you, you've gone to the trouble to specifically point out the bugs directly to the developer, and have received no results, that is a valid time to share your experience publicly.

He hasn't said all their apps are crap. He hasn't said anyone else but himself finds it unusable. He hasn't said that no-one should buy this app. All he's done is report what he's found, stated that he's not interested in buying another app that he has no reason to believe won't end up unusable for him, and objected to the idea that new apps should continue to stream out when old ones are buggy.

This is not some generalized hate-fest for a developer. It's just an even-handed dissemination of information so that others can make their own informed decisions. Deal with it people. ;)

(BTW, of course I will buy it the minute it comes out. :D )

Thanks Wim. I have no problems with DigiStix, and if MT had worked without the bugs, I would be shouting about it from the rooftops and encouraging everyone to buy it, and I would have grabbed several more in their frequent sales, since they’re great value. When they work.

And even though I can’t use this one, I’d put it down to experience and move on - but not when the dev is churning out more new apps, it feels like a slap in the face.

I think the usability issues (aside from actual bugs), stem from the fixed frame template they seem to use on every app. While it might work ok with a simple fx, something more complex like the multi tracker, need a more flexible, scalable container. Saying that I’d still put up with it if they fix the bugs!

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

I own tons of 4P plugins and none of then is even barely unusable for me. I don’t know what to say, is it not possible an issue with your own system? Just asking.

So you have no problems with this app?

I've got Digistix, which is great. This one, not so, which is the app I'm commenting on.

Actually, I don’t have any big issue with Multitrack. Some little bug, maybe, like a lot of other apps from almost every dev, but nothing so heavy like the one you reported.
    What I want to say is that not all the issues can be reproduced in all the iPad+iOS systems.
    For you it’s obviously not a worthy app. For me it is. The same app, different opinion.
    Who’s right? Both. Who’s wrong? Nobody. Cheers.

• @klownshed said:
    I don’t have the 4pockets DAW thing that @MonzoPro is having issues with but I do sympathise.

I bought one of the ‘bigger’ iOS DAWs and found it to be unusable for me and a total waste of money. When I mentioned some of the issues here I got a similar kind of response monzoP is getting.

I don’t see any problem with people sharing their genuine experiences. If somebody else doesn’t experience the same bugs in the same circumstances then of course it’s fair for them to share the counter experience too (as long as it doesn’t come with an unnecessary and patronising dig).

I’ve bought apps that people complained about here in the past (aforementioned DAW for example) and wish I’d taken more notice. I will definitely take more notice in the future so welcome peoples’ experiences both good and bad.

And let’s face it, It’s not difficult to pick out the wheat from the chaff. Some complaints are clearly more valid than others and it’s not hard to see when somebody is being genuine and are clearly well informed.

Thanks for that, and sorry to hear you got a negative response for reporting issues.

• @Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

I own tons of 4P plugins and none of then is even barely unusable for me. I don’t know what to say, is it not possible an issue with your own system? Just asking.

I've got Digistix, which is great. This one, not so, which is the app I'm commenting on.

Actually, I don’t have any big issue with Multitrack. Some little bug, maybe, like a lot of other apps from almost every dev, but nothing so heavy like the one you reported.
    What I want to say is that not all the issues can be reproduced in all the iPad+iOS systems.
    For you it’s obviously not a worthy app. For me it is. The same app, different opinion.

Well, I’m saying the bugs make it unusable for me. I don’t do this to make friends, or money, or achieve fame, I do it because unbiased information is critical for me when deciding whether to buy a new app or not, so I put in the same effort for others.

A bunch of sycophants saying everything is just great, when it isn’t, or having the opinion that show stopping bugs are something we should all put up with, aren’t helpful.

Oh and by the way, it’s not just me having issues:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

There's a list of them in another thread, and I've contacted the dev. There was an update, but none of them were fixed. I contacted the dev again a few months back but heard nothing since.

Basically they make the app unsable for me. I'd take it on the chin and put it down to experience, but I feel really strongly when bugs aren't fixed but a developer then carries on pumping out new apps.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

Well, I’m saying the bugs make it unusable for me. I don’t do this to make friends, or money, or achieve fame, I do it because unbiased information is critical for me when deciding whether to buy a new app or not, so I put in the same effort for others.

A bunch of sycophants saying everything is just great, when it isn’t, or having the opinion that show stopping bugs are something we should all put up with, aren’t helpful.

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

can I ask you, without any controversy, how does your answer relate to what I wrote?

• @Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

can I ask you, without any controversy, how does your answer relate to what I wrote?

You’ve lost me there, completely.

I think I need a forum break, I really have better things to do than this.

• @MonzoPro : calling people that disagree with you sycophants is not fair. They have their opinion and you have yours. You are totally entitled to your opinion and they are entitled to theirs. You are also mischaracterizing what some people have said. No one said that showstopping bugs should be accepted.

They have said that they haven't experienced showstoppers. You can both be right: you have experienced what for you are showstoppers and they haven't. Maybe you have different ideas of showstoppers or maybe some of those bugs happen for some and not for others.

If you want your viewpoint accepted, you also kinda gotta give others the same benefit of the doubt.

I don't disagree with you that the dev seems inconsistent in his standards. But it doesn't seem fair to attack people because they had a different experience with the software. I'll wait to see what people think about this app before forming an opinion.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

I didn't read that comment as directed toward anyone specifically. I saw it as a opinion that, in general, having only "sycophants" speak up is unhelpful. Which I agree with. Like it or not, trying to push down negative commentary is indeed encouraging just that.

It's getting so that one has to sandwich each and every negative thing said in disclaimers and dredged up praise. Even when people do so someone is bound to take it as an attack. Very discouraging.

On the other hand, when someone is quoted in a post, it is natural to assume the reply is directed at them. I get that part.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Sorry, maybe you're right about the break. I never insult anyone for any reason, certainly not for a good-natured disagreement (at least on my part) on an iPad app. Think about doing the same.

• edited February 2020

@espiegel123 said:
    @MonzoPro : calling people that disagree with you sycophants is not fair. They have their opinion and you have yours. You are totally entitled to your opinion and they are entitled to theirs. You are also mischaracterizing what some people have said. No one said that showstopping bugs should be accepted.

They have said that they haven't experienced showstoppers. You can both be right: you have experienced what for you are showstoppers and they haven't. Maybe you have different ideas of showstoppers or maybe some of those bugs happen for some and not for others.

If you want your viewpoint accepted, you also kinda gotta give others the same benefit of the doubt.

I don't disagree with you that the dev seems inconsistent in his standards. But it doesn't seem fair to attack people because they had a different experience with the software. I'll wait to see what people think about this app before forming an opinion.

I didn’t call people who disagree with me sycophants, if you bothered to read my posts you’ll see I actually want positive interaction so I can find out if the issue is just with my own set-up, or technical inadequacies.

And ONE person said they can live with the bugs, another says it’s unusable, as I have.

And you still haven’t responded to my previous questions.

Since you’ve brushed aside my issues with the app in question as unimportant, what are your experiences with it?

Instead of pointless arguing, let’s have some constructive input, then maybe they can be resolved.

• edited February 2020

I would buy multitrack if the loop recording issues were sorted.
    DigiStix is super for me.
    It’s unfortunate that bugfixes aren’t a priority for some devs
    Until they are, I have enough stuff to carry on with workarounds

• I’ve been able to use multitrack continuously and haven’t noticed any issues. But I haven’t dove deep into it. Not saying some don’t have issues with it but it’s done exactly what I need it to do.

Example

• @MonzoPro : I haven't brushed aside your issues or implied that you aren't having problems that make the apps unusable for you.

In almost every post in which I addressed you, I have mentioned that it is totally fair for you to report your experience. I am glad that you let people know that you have had problems with the apps. But you've got to also accept that for some people those aren't showstoppers.

It is totally fair for YOU to find them to be showstoppers. It is totally your right to not want to buy apps from the developer. It is great that you inform people that you have not had luck having your bugs addressed. No argument from me about that if that wasn't clear.

It just feels like you are giving people a hard time if they express a different opinion. Some people don't find them to be showstoppers. You can both be right.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @MonzoPro : I haven't brushed aside your issues or implied that you aren't having problems that make the apps unusable for you.

In almost every post in which I addressed you, I have mentioned that it is totally fair for you to report your experience. I am glad that you let people know that you have had problems with the apps. But you've got to also accept that for some people those aren't showstoppers.

It is totally fair for YOU to find them to be showstoppers. It is totally your right to not want to buy apps from the developer. It is great that you inform people that you have not had luck having your bugs addressed. No argument from me about that if that wasn't clear.

It just feels like you are giving people a hard time if they express a different opinion. Some people don't find them to be showstoppers. You can both be right.

Are you familiar with the term ‘gaslighting’? Stating that I have an issue with people disagreeing with me, when I don’t, doesn’t make that accusation become fact. And I have said several times now that I welcome feedback on the bugs I’ve reported, and from you, though it hasn’t been forthcoming.

You don’t have this app, do you.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I bought the app full price when it came out but it’s never been right. It’s impossible to extend the sample using the handles - unless god intervenes and it moves. It’sa rare occurrence. Also multiple other issues which together mean I don’t use it at all. Too painful.

• looks pretty useful.

• Does look useful. Has there been any video showing it as an AU? Those sounds were pretty...let's say limited?

• I have a feeling @thesoundtestroom will demo it soon

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Does look useful. Has there been any video showing it as an AU? Those sounds were pretty...let's say limited?

• Bought this recently and wished it was available on iOS... hopefully this comes close..

• @audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I bought the app full price when it came out but it’s never been right. It’s impossible to extend the sample using the handles - unless god intervenes and it moves. It’sa rare occurrence. Also multiple other issues which together mean I don’t use it at all. Too painful.

Haven’t been doing much music over the past couple of months. Had some downtime this evening so I pulled up Multitrack after reading this thread. Thought it was OK the last time I used it but certainly fiddly. This time things were different. I used my new Apple Pencil which I received over Xmas. I think I might term the app “eccentric” in some ways but I had a fine old time and didn’t run into any real showstoppers. Of course YMMV but if you haven’t tried it with a pencil or maybe a stylus, it might be worth a look.

• edited February 2020

As a developer I’m in the bug fix first camp. Backing away from the thread ...

(edit) If critical and affecting a significant number of people ... priorities and all that ...

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Don’t get dragged into it these pointless arguments dude. Your comments on the app are perfectly valid and the fact that you’re being ignored by the dev is frankly a bit rude of him. I found him useful once on a digistix bug so quite surprised.

• @anickt said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Haven’t been doing much music over the past couple of months. Had some downtime this evening so I pulled up Multitrack after reading this thread. Thought it was OK the last time I used it but certainly fiddly. This time things were different. I used my new Apple Pencil which I received over Xmas. I think I might term the app “eccentric” in some ways but I had a fine old time and didn’t run into any real showstoppers. Of course YMMV but if you haven’t tried it with a pencil or maybe a stylus, it might be worth a look.

Not sure I’ve tried it with the pencil but will give it a go. Never thought I’d that! Cheers.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    As a developer I’m in the bug fix first camp. Backing away from the thread ...

(edit) If critical and affecting a significant number of people ... priorities and all that ...

I contacted him once but got no reply. His apps are generally good but Multitrack never quite got there, at least for me. I do find his interfaces a bit poor, too, but that could just be my personal aesthetic preferences.

• I’ve contacted him several times and always had responses.
    Sometimes ones I liked other times not so much.

• edited February 2020

@gregsmith said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Don’t get dragged into it these pointless arguments dude. Your comments on the app are perfectly valid and the fact that you’re being ignored by the dev is frankly a bit rude of him. I found him useful once on a digistix bug so quite surprised.

Why you defined my argument “pointless”?
    I just said that for me 4Pockets plugs are among the best, MonzoPro disagreed because he has a big issue with MT. I haven’t got the same issue, but I never wrote he was wrong. I never wrote that was unfair to complain about the issue, or that he was a sycophant (but perhaps he meant hierophant) or a liar or that I have best things to do.

So, please explain why a different opinion would be “pointless”?