Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auto tune

Been one hell of a year for iOS music so far. Another great synth, gadget, multiband compression when mastering and DrumPerfect. So, it seems like a minor omission from the our palette of apps, but there still isn't a decent, pro-level autotune yet. As I'm recording plenty vocals at the moment (and I'm fussy with pitch), this is a real stumbling block for me.

I've tried: Auria's Retune, Harmony Voice, auto-tune iOS and Improvox. They vary in functionality, but none come close to the features and quality of a desktop Antares plugin.

Is there one I'm missing?

Comments

• Yep, the Powered by Antares app :D

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-tune-ios/id647764727?mt=8

thesoundtestroom on this board did a good demo of it, too:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRqMDBPRKRo

• You could check out Singaling, Voice Synth, or Vocalive.

• Yep, the auto-tune iOS app. Tracks incredibly well and sounds good. Just one huge problem.... It isn't set to 440! And it doesn't have a fine tune option :/. When I first tried to use it on a track I noticed this and even tested it with some voice like synth sounds and confirmed that it sharpens the notes.

@mgmg4871 Thanks, will check out Singaling and Vocalive. Love voice synth, but not crazy using it as an autotune.

• Btw Singalings down to $2.99 US.

• Also, VocalLive processors are available in Amplitube as in app purchase and can be used in IAA in Auria and other apps. The pitch correction pedal works pretty well. I find it much more usable than any of those other options you mentioned.

• Must be European, they use A=444kHz...

• Thanks. Busy checking those out and hopefully these do the trick. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to buy some singing lessons :)

• Thanks @PaulB. That probably explains it.

• Vocalive probably best, Autotune 2nd, Harmony Voice 3rd. I think Doug provides singing lessons at a discount (not sure why) just ask him and all your problems will be solved.. lol

• Just tried Vocallive pitch fix through amplitude IAA... Definitely the best iOS auto tune option by far. Thanks!

• No problem. I'm quite happy I was able to find a use for Amplitube again myself. I did fork over a ton of money for it pre Audiobus days. Glad my suggestion was helpful.