Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBoosters Reverb update

Comments

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Yes!

@DJB said:

Available in the app store now:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tb-reverb/id1474944185

Why the exclamation?! What's new?

• Nice and neat interface.

• edited February 2020

One of the best gets better!

I hear the reverb I want in my head and I always find it in seconds flat in this app. So good.

• Awesome reverb! Truly the best deal in IOS land.❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏☝️

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Nice and neat interface.

Ah, great. Always welcome.

• @DJB said:

@DJB said:

Hi,
    first, I wanna thank you both for the stunning quality and the affordable price of your plugins.
    Then, I was thinking about the TB logo on the plugins GUI: if it really activated the effect bypass (since it reproduces the classic on / off switch) it would be very nice as well as aesthetically coherent. The link to the website could be placed elsewhere.
    I say this because the bypass function would be really useful when mixing. Thanks a lot anyway

• DJBDJB
    edited August 2020

In response to many requests we've made our reverb plugin even more configurable.

The new expert settings allows you to override parameters that are normally set automatically dependent on the decay time. These include:

• Room size (independent from decay time)
    • Room geometry (from a perfect shoe-box room to one with cavities, irregularities, and connected rooms)
    • Modulation depth: for chorus-like reverberation effect
    • Modulation frequency

If any of these expert panel options is disabled (which is the default), you'll get the automatic settings.

• edited August 2020

@DJB said:
    In response to many requests we've made our reverb plugin even more configurable.

The expert settings allows you to override parameters that are normally set automatically dependent on the decay time. These include:

• Room size (independent from decay time)
    • Room geometry (from a perfect shoe-box room to one with cavities, irregularities, and connected rooms
    • Modulation depth: for chorus-like reverberation effect
    • Modulation frequency

If any of these expert panel options is disabled (which is the default), you'll get the automatic settings.

Looks great thanks - will give it a spin!

• The best iOS reverb just got even better! Thanks @DJB !

• @DJB You are a star! Thank you.

• Right, how do you get into these expert settings then? 🤪

• @gusgranite said:
    Right, how do you get into these expert settings then? 🤪

Tap on the word 'Expert settings' :-)

• @DavidM said:

@gusgranite said:
    Right, how do you get into these expert settings then? 🤪

Tap on the word 'Expert settings' :-)

LOL

Still not seeing it though... v1.4.3? Have restarted iPad and reinstalled app. Run as standalone and then AU in AUM.

It is possible that I am really not an expert and am being a complete daftee of course...

• @gusgranite Next incoming update? 🤷‍♂️ I only picked this up the other day (because of your demo of the modulation + randomization) so I really don’t know my way around it yet.. BUT I don’t see it either..

• Just got the update with the expert settings now.

I thought you guys were calling the Random button “Expert Settings” as a joke. 🤣

• Right. I see it now. Excellent.

Have also requested a slower LFO so we’ll see if that’s possible.

• @jolico said:
    I thought you guys were calling the Random button “Expert Settings” as a joke. 🤣

Haha we should do that on April 1st :D

• @DJB I would also dearly, dearly love a slower lfo setting on dualvcf, it really doesn't go slow enough for my taste at all! Slow lfo speeds are always a great thing to enable, in my view. Hope you guys could look into that, cheers

• edited August 2020

@Gavinski said:
    @DJB I would also dearly, dearly love a slower lfo setting on dualvcf, it really doesn't go slow enough for my taste at all! Slow lfo speeds are always a great thing to enable, in my view. Hope you guys could look into that, cheers

YEAH!!!! Exactly this! Please make the Filter LFO slower! That would be great! I like to use this to bring movement into my drones and would love to even make it real sloooooooow. 1 hour one LFO cycle (a joke ;))

• @Gavinski said:
    @DJB I would also dearly, dearly love a slower lfo setting on dualvcf, it really doesn't go slow enough for my taste at all! Slow lfo speeds are always a great thing to enable, in my view. Hope you guys could look into that, cheers

Right. It’s DualVCF that I requested the slower LFO for. I’m getting confused. I would like to see it in the reverb too though come to think of it.

• @david_2017 said:

@Gavinski said:

YEAH!!!! Exactly this! Please make the Filter LFO slower! That would be great! I like to use this to bring movement into my drones and would love to even make it real sloooooooow. 1 hour one LFO cycle (a joke ;))

I believe that would make it a VVVLFO

• DJBDJB
    edited August 2020

@gusgranite said:

@Gavinski said:

Right. It’s DualVCF that I requested the slower LFO for. I’m getting confused. I would like to see it in the reverb too though come to think of it.

We're updating DualVCF to:

• Allow for an LFO cycle duration of 999 beats maximum ( well over 8 minutes at 120 bpm for a single LFO cycle)
    • Allow for an LFO frequency of up to 500 Hz for crazily fast filter modulation action
  • @DJB said:

@gusgranite said:

@Gavinski said:

• Allow for an LFO cycle duration of 999 beats maximum ( well over 8 minutes at 120 bpm for a single LFO cycle)
    • Allow for an LFO frequency of up to 500 Hz for crazily fast filter modulation action

Fantastic! Please add slow lfo options to all your apps that use lfos, that would be very popular and give you an edge over most of the competition. Thanks for being responsive to our suggestions.

• @DJB said:

@gusgranite said:

@Gavinski said:

Very cool! 👊🙏

• Awesome!! Thanks @DJB

• Is there a technical reason why so many developers are very conservative when it comes to lfo speeds, or is it just that they're not thinking outside the box enough?

• @Gavinski said:
    Is there a technical reason why so many developers are very conservative when it comes to lfo speeds, or is it just that they're not thinking outside the box enough?

It could be related to buffer sizes and other optimizations?

As an example the LFO's in BM3 max out at 200Hz and it has something to do with the app internally working in 32 sample chunks instead of updating all the parameters on a per-sample basis which would slow things down as more tracks and samples get added.

The Drambo LFOs caps at around ~150Hz but there's no stopping one using a regular oscillator as the modulation since everything is calculated on a per sample basis and that's partly why feedbacks are always one buffer late as zero-delay feedback loops would tax the CPU too much.

Regarding LFO's in general I'm more worried about constant the lack of sync & start-phase control and bi/uni-polar switches not to mention some nice bit-reduction on the output to get stepped modulation values etc. etc.

Limited 'modulation depth' is also something unfortunately quite common as is custom LFO-waveforms which could be used as step-modulators and after passing thru variable 1-pole low-pass filter as custom waveforms.

Cheers!