Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini adds 4 more au3 plug ins to that Crunk thing! all free...

should have left this to @White to flag but couldn’t resist.
they’ve/he/she just added a delay, chorus, hi/lo filter & noise gate to the range .. all free so that should muddy the app value waters a little bit more..

Comments

• @RockySmalls said:
    they’ve/he/she just added a delay, chorus, hi/lo filter & noise gate to the range .. all free so that should muddy the app value waters a little bit more..

Thanks for the heads up Mr Smalls, haven’t grabbed this yet so will do so forthwith!!

• @RockySmalls said:

Thanks for the heads up 😊👍

• @White said:

@RockySmalls said:

@White always includes a link and description. No one does it better! 😉

• @anickt said:

@White said:

@RockySmalls said:

Yeah I noticed that, I had to hunt down Mr White’s thread.

Good effort though, but needs work!

• Much obliged. Thank you.

• Woowww. They are all super.

• @anickt said:

@White said:

@RockySmalls said:

but.. but... i AM the missing link!!

• https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37047/crunck-v2-by-nembrini-audio-s-r-l#latest

here’s the link to the Crunk discussion that White started with his link at the top, because “ nobody does it better “ but don’t feel sad for the rest (ie: me) as i am not in the business of making things easy for people .. much prefer an easter egg hunt and I am deeply concerned that the internet is making the world a severely “dumb” place :wink:

• @RockySmalls said:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37047/crunck-v2-by-nembrini-audio-s-r-l#latest

here’s the link to the Crunk discussion that White started with his link at the top, because “ nobody does it better “ but don’t feel sad for the rest (ie: me) as i am not in the business of making things easy for people .. much prefer an easter egg hunt and I am deeply concerned that the internet is making the world a severely “dumb” place :wink:

I like your philosophy, make ‘em work for their corn.

I seriously hate that reflexive impulse to search for something online (resisting the word “Google”) when you want an answer and can’t be arsed to engage the grey matter. As in watching the TV and “Where have I seen that actor before?”.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@RockySmalls said:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37047/crunck-v2-by-nembrini-audio-s-r-l#latest

I seriously hate that reflexive impulse to search for something online (resisting the word “Google”) when you want an answer and can’t be arsed to engage the grey matter. As in watching the TV and “Where have I seen that actor before?”.

Honestly, I agree with both of you. We had a set of Encyclopedia Brittanica at home or else it was off to the library! 😆

• @TheVimFuego said:

@RockySmalls said:

that is a game i like.. when visiting my (old) friend Dave he often has a channel called Talking Pictures on , wall to wall b&w stuff from the 30’s to the 70’s .. i usually win on the ‘name the actor that looks familiar’ sometimes child actors that are now v. famous.. but sadly 1 time out of every 3 we have to resort to google rather than wait fir the credits to come up at the end of the movie.. still we are at least trying to keep the grey cells lubricated.. i am often shocked that i will know the name of an obscure actor from the 40’s but can’t remember what i came into a room for!

• @anickt said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@RockySmalls said:

Honestly, I agree with both of you. We had a set of Encyclopedia Brittanica at home or else it was off to the library! 😆

“make Brittanica great again!” :)

• @TheVimFuego said:

I’m like that some mornings when I first look in the mirror: “I know you don’t I? No, don’t tell me...let me guess..”

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I’m like that some mornings when I first look in the mirror: “I know you don’t I? No, don’t tell me...let me guess..”

in yr case my first guess would be Arfur Mullard! :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

in yr case my first guess would be Arfur Mullard! :)

Yus my dear

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

The days have been kind but the weekends have taken their toll ...

• Great! I hope nobody has the courage to complain that the knobs are not in high resolution... 🙄

• @RockySmalls said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@RockySmalls said:

that is a game i like.. when visiting my (old) friend Dave he often has a channel called Talking Pictures on , wall to wall b&w stuff from the 30’s to the 70’s .. i usually win on the ‘name the actor that looks familiar’ sometimes child actors that are now v. famous.. but sadly 1 time out of every 3 we have to resort to google rather than wait fir the credits to come up at the end of the movie.. still we are at least trying to keep the grey cells lubricated.. i am often shocked that i will know the name of an obscure actor from the 40’s but can’t remember what i came into a room for!

Indeed. I have a keen memory for music trivia that has landed me on stage around Queensland and Australian TV thanks to a show called RocKwiz.

Music geekery at it’s finest.

• @Faland said:
    Great! I hope nobody has the courage to complain that the knobs are not in high resolution... 🙄

+1

• @Gravitas said:

@Faland said:
    Great! I hope nobody has the courage to complain that the knobs are not in high resolution... 🙄

+1

OH NO! I hadn't spotted that, damn..I simply will not be able to bear to look at them if they are not hi-res...I'll have to delete these newly installed free apps from my iPhone...and carry on with my Lo-Fi track without them :D :D

• Are they any good? People seem to like the saturator Crunk thing - do the delay, chorus, hi/lo filter & noise gate have something special? Just asking, because I have this all covered by effect type by other (not-free) stuff.

• @TheVimFuego said:

Quite why Apple hasn't integrated this into the Siri remote for Apple TV is beyond me. "Hey Siri, what's he been in?"

• @ALB said:
    Are they any good? People seem to like the saturator Crunk thing - do the delay, chorus, hi/lo filter & noise gate have something special? Just asking, because I have this all covered by effect type by other (not-free) stuff.

Easy answer: try them, they’re free.

• Of course I'll get them, they're shiny, they're free, but what's in it for them? With all this talk of pricing elsewhere (and for always), why does someone release a bunch of work for nothing?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Of course I'll get them, they're shiny, they're free, but what's in it for them? With all this talk of pricing elsewhere (and for always), why does someone release a bunch of work for nothing?

Why?
    The secret is...
    volume.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Of course I'll get them, they're shiny, they're free, but what's in it for them? With all this talk of pricing elsewhere (and for always), why does someone release a bunch of work for nothing?

I guess it's all down to reputation - some apps have a cult-like following, and their pricing doesn't necessarily reflect the functionality they have, and support they get. Others are nicely established with good releases, pricing and support, so they can price new apps sensibly and attract a decent volume of sales. And others (maybe this one) are new to the game, and want to establish themselves and build a reputation with free stuff, so they can attract sales of paid apps in the future.

I've done something similar myself in the past with a new business - created free websites, and done free design work to build a portfolio that I can show off in the hope of attracting paid work.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

They’ll put out several plugins in the next week, and so they are preparing the field with these freebies to make themselves known and then sell more paid apps

• Has anyone noticed that the Crunk thing fades in a weird way? Kind of as if there was a bit crusher involved. Can’t say I like it much tbh

• I tried ,'Crunck', on a synthmaster patch this afternoon.

I tried from subtle to 110% and I quite liked what it did to the sound.
    I did prefer it without the cab simulation but
    I've yet to try it with guitar which is what it's been designed for.

The noise gate was just what I needed for AUM.
    Simple straightforward no fuss.