Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Must have" low cost AUv3 effects recommendations

I am new to iOS music, but an old hand with Windows DAWs.

I like the functionality of AUv3 plugins inside GarageBand and Cubasis.

Looking for recommended AUv3 FX (not instruments) - either free or lowish cost, that will add something that GB and Cubsasis either don't have, or will improve on their included content.

So far, I've acquired Stereo Lag, LRC5, Wider Touch ToneBridge and Nembrini's Crunk.

Thanks!

Comments

• NeSi have some and free.
    one of the best around:)
    http://www.neonsilicon.com/software.html

• Definitely the spectrum bundle by Thomas Burns, so deep 👌

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/spectrum-synthesizer-bundle/id1467384251

• Everything by Toneboosters!

• Free.
    RoughRider3
    Svep
    Tape Cassette

Others(not free).
    Kosmonaut
    Perforator
    FAC Chorus
    BLEASS delay
    BLEASS reverb
    K7D - Tape Delay
    yaleD - Reverse Delay
    RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter

• edited February 2020

Fred Anton Corvest FAC
    http://fredantoncorvest.com/

Shaper K-Devices

Tape Delay/looper KD7 or RE-1

Blamsoft stuff is free

For fun and experimental
    Frekvens and Turnado

And 4Pockets stuff is utilitarian, good and there's a lot of it.

• edited February 2020
  • also Ladies please note Lambrini ( sorry couldn’t resist :smiley: ) has just added 4 new au3’s , a delay, a gate , a hi/lo filter & a chorus
    ALL FREE!!
    search Nembrini not Lambrini of course..

• @RockySmalls

Thanks for the share.

I've tried the noise gate.

It's brilliant.

• @richardyot said:
    Everything by Toneboosters!

Not free but dang they sound great for the $$$.

• _ki_ki
    edited February 2020

So nobody mentioned the Free music related IOS Apps wiki page - all of your suggestions and some more were already listed and categorized ? Why should I even bother to keep the wiki page up to date if nobody knows it ?

• @_ki said:
    So nobody mentioned the Free music related IOS Apps wiki page - all of your suggestions and some more were already listed and categorized ? Why should I even bother to keep the wiki page up to date if nobody knows it ?

well thats a slightly grumpy way to mention something many might not even know exists.. but that’s the kind of easter egg hunt I enjoy ,, and now i have seen it I will keep a beady on it.. Hats off to yr Wiki wee _ki and don’t feel too downhearted , just think of all the great music that exists that people everywhere are ignoring! :)

• just get ‘em all, why try to resist 🤣😎🤣😎

• _ki_ki
    edited February 2020

Sorry for the grumpy tone, probably the rain outside. Actually i enjoy working on the wiki and adding / updating stuff.

The AB wiki gathers a lot of cool infos, even though its quite prominently linked in the forum header, most of its gems are unknown to many users. We probably still need to come up with a better wiki landing page and navigation :)

Currently wiki navigation is done via the tags, all listed in a tag-cloud on the landing page - or via wiki search. The ‚free music apps‘ list is linked via the tags IOS, IAA, AU, au_fx, au_inst, au_midi_fx, au_host, list

• Yes. And Turnado considering how much it has to offer is cheap as chips.

• @_ki said:
    Sorry for the grumpy tone, probably the rain outside. Actually i enjoy working on the wiki and adding / updating stuff.

The AB wiki gathers a lot of cool infos, even though its quite prominently linked in the forum header, most of its gems are unknown to many users. We probably still need to come up with a better wiki landing page and navigation :)

Currently wiki navigation is done via the tags, all listed in a tag-cloud on the landing page - or via wiki search. The ‚free music apps‘ list is linked via the tags IOS, IAA, AU, au_fx, au_inst, au_midi_fx, au_host, list

Maybe we can ask @michael to make a sticky post with a link to the wiki in the forum, until it has become a sticky in our collective consciousness?

• @richardyot said:
    Everything by Toneboosters!

This!

@_ki - I very much appreciate your work on the Wiki! It definitely is my go-to place for all things Mozaic. I also found that it is rather straightforward to add content there.

Not having been aware of the free apps list myself, I realize that it may be not be as easy to discover the wide scope of information available on the Wiki.

There is the sitemap, but it does not appear inviting and is not a typical page to go to.
    I was wondering whether the start page could also show a list of those topics (=page titles) that are not on individual apps and prominently refer to another page that lists out all the Wiki pages for specific apps. I think this might go a ways to enhance discoverability.
    Also, 'free' might be a good tag for the free apps list and any page on the wiki for a free app.
    Do let me know if these ideas seem reasonable, @_ki.

• 4pockets
    Fac bundles

• Assuming low cost means $5 and under...

Perforator: $3.99
    Filterstation2: $4.99
    Pumphouse: $3.99
    RoughRider: Free
    JAF Model One: Free
    ChannelStrip: $4.99

• @_ki said:

yes.. i guess we all got used to the ‘landing page’ being general discussion and unfortunately i for one never even glance at all those tabs at the top where the wiki gateway is.. but i shall try to be more observant from now on.. especially before asking trivial questions of the folks here perhaps..
    there’s a lot of excellent info there including yr very thorough page..
    we should big up the wiki once every couple of weeks or maybe if a new entry is made do a thread title or bump same..?? not sure what the solition is but for now i will just do an inuit dance around the living room chanting “wiki wiki wiki” to a selection of excerpts from the Residents ESKIMO LP..

• Thanks guys - OP here. I’ll add this latest addition from Nembrini - analogue rack delay. I use it all the time as a VST and it’s just been released for iOS land...highly recommended (and free)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/analog-rack-delay/id1494455748?l=it&ls=1

• But... no mention for PhaseDelayArray?

• edited February 2020

@Faland said:
    But... no mention for PhaseDelayArray?

Someone mentioned Neon Silicon at the top of the thread. Anyway. Love that one. I keep meaning to make my own presets, but keep forgetting it even exists. Thanks for the reminder.

I will add Noise by Roli, even if you do not have a Seaboard or Block. https://roli.com/products/software/noise

Expressive sounds for free, some nice sounds IAP if you want, play with 3D touch or KB-1/GeoShred/etc.

Edit: I see that this is about effects, but add Noise to a track and you can make some cool atmospheric stuff, or one of the pads, it can really spice up a track.

• @Faland said:
    But... no mention for PhaseDelayArray?

Ups, got that installed, but missed it in the wiki. Thanks for the reminder :)

• @YourJunk - JAF Model One is no longer available. It went to paid and then was removed by developer (and similarly for other formerly free apps by Jens Guell).

• @_ki I don't think I saw Nanologue on that list, I am going to learn how to add to the wiki when I get to a computer

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nanologue/id734323766

• @RockySmalls said:

also Ladies please note Lambrini ( sorry couldn’t resist :smiley: ) has just added 4 new au3’s , a delay, a gate , a hi/lo filter & a chorus
    ALL FREE!!
    search Nembrini not Lambrini of course..

Awesome, I grabbed the amp yesterday and these set it off even more, thanks for the heads up, I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but how are all these free???!!!!

• Thanks, had Crunck and I just downloaded the other 4 new FREE AUv3’s Cheers!

• _ki_ki
    edited February 2020

@animalelder said:
    @_ki I don't think I saw Nanologue on that list, I am going to learn how to add to the wiki when I get to a computer

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nanologue/id734323766

No fear - the list page source looks a bit more complicated than the other wiki pages due to the long table with categorizations and the link syntax.

After pressing edit:

• scroll down to just to the – Instrument-Plugins — part with the ROLI entry; 'Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH' should go after ROLI and before 'Sugar Bytes'
    • Copy the whole ROLI line (in that wiki table a single entry line spans over about 2 editor lines) and paste it
    • When pressing preview, the layout should be still okay, but contain two ROLI entries.
    • Now edit the infos in the second ROLI line to Nanologue :) Its just IAA btw, no AB support - but it still works, just tested in AUM.
    • Before saving, check the preview again - and don't forget to add a short change message

I leave this one to you - you'll see wiki editing is easy. And if something goes totally wrong - it is just some clicks to restore the page from its history.