Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Solved : Mapping Fractal Beats & KB-1 pads to a drum app?

Hi all,

I was trying to figure out a way to reliably finger drum Fractal Beats into a drum sequencer app inside AUM? As the pitches/sounds to each pad in FB itself vary wildly each iteration, my first thought was to set up a KB-1 drum pad map that reflects FBs own, to give me a solid visual reference, then record the MIDI out from KB-1 into Atom. The first part of this works well, with my layout in KB-1 matching the FB 4x3 grid, and offering a fixed set of MIDI cc outs. Unfortunately, I’m getting a lot of double triggering from attempting to record live into Atom.

Ideally Rozeta Rhythm would do the trick, and I know I can manually set it up, but it doesn’t have an FB template and no way to save the manual adjust. Ideally I’m looking for a straightforward xox style drum sequencer of some kind that can record the MIDI from the fixed layout from the KB-1 (Which I can set a template up for, obvs) then get routed back to FB to play the pattern, so that all I have to do each iteration is adjust my playing of the KB-1 pads to the pitches/sounds of the particular FB patch.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited February 2020

You may find it easier to work in Xequence2. It has a FB map built-in.

I also recall that there are some Mozaic patches on patchstorage that play with FB.

For interested readers, the default 1-octave keyboard is triggered by MIDI notes:

56 57 58 59
    52 53 54 55
    48 49 50 51

The 3-octave keyboard adds an octave below and above, triggered by MIDI notes 36 through 71.

https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4959

• i’ve only sequenced FB with steppolyarp but it works great and you can define the pitch

• You shouldn’t be getting doubled up notes in Atom from KB-1. Are you sure you don’t have a routing problem?

You’d want to route from KB-1 to Atom, then Atom to FB. KB should not be connected to FB at all.

• edited February 2020

@Svetlovska said:
    Ideally Rozeta Rhythm would do the trick, and I know I can manually set it up, but it doesn’t have an FB template and no way to save the manual adjust.

After creating a manual mapping, just save it as an AU preset in your host to save it. The key mapping is saved in the preset.

• edited February 2020

@brambos : aha! I didn’t know that. Excellent! Problem solved :) Also @mojozart : good to know, I’ll check out that particular use case. @reasOne : hadn’t thought of that, now rediscovering StepPolyArp as a sequencer with other apps. @wim : thanks, you’re right, my routing was the source of my double trigger issues. Thanks all, I love this forum! :)