Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vinyl Emulator

So I have ReelBus and RE-1 for tape emulation. I’m looking for something similar to a vinyl emulator. Anything out there?

I know I can get samples of crackling or use a granular synth to generate my own. But it would be great to have something more robust and dedicated to emulating the sounds of a record player. Crackling, warped record, new vs old needle, skipping...the works.

Anything like that?

Comments

• Yes, there’s one by klevgrand, which I think it’s called Tape Cassette . I think it’s does control effects, too, though I could be wrong. But there’s one I use vinyl - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/time-machine-auv3-plugin/id1472980119

• i dont have it but have heard good things and it us 4pockets!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/time-machine-auv3-plugin/id1472980119

• ipad only but it’s great

• @reasOne said:

Yah, that’s the Klevgrand one I meant

• I've got both DAW LP by Klevgrand and Time Machine by 4Pockets. Either will get the job done for you. My ears prefer the sounds from DAW LP, but both are completely competent and quality apps worth looking into.

• Bomb diggity. Thanks everyone!

• @YourJunk said:
    Bomb diggity. Thanks everyone!

Here’s another approach that I personally like much better. There’s a gazillion record “noise” samples out there. Needle drops, skips, end groove, etc... find one that you like that has the qualities you’re after, stick it in AUM file player, then put eq, distortion, compression, etc after it. You’ll find it’s easier to get the sound you’re after that you can tweak endlessly and not have it just sound like a stick plugin...

Plus it’s more fun... 😁

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@YourJunk said:

Here’s another approach that I personally like much better. There’s a gazillion record “noise” samples out there. Needle drops, skips, end groove, etc... find one that you like that has the qualities you’re after, stick it in AUM file player, then put eq, distortion, compression, etc after it. You’ll find it’s easier to get the sound you’re after that you can tweak endlessly and not have it just sound like a stick plugin...

Plus it’s more fun... 😁

That’s my approach as well.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@YourJunk said:

Plus it’s more fun... 😁

That’s my approach as well.

Yeah I’m just not thrilled about that concept. I might give it a try but I really like the idea of something that’s more generative.

What I really want is for @ka010 to create a vinyl version of RE-1. But that’s just my greed talking.

• Time Machine works well!

• I have Time Machine and it’s great.
    4Pockets makes a lot of really good plugins and with a terrific value for the money.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@YourJunk said:

Plus it’s more fun... 😁

It's nice to sometimes have a little bit of slow wobble timed properly to simulate warpage too though.

• @wim said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@YourJunk said:

Plus it’s more fun... 😁

It's nice to sometimes have a little bit of slow wobble timed properly to simulate warpage too though.

Just use Discord 4 with a tiny bit of LFO to pitch modulation (I'm using iOS zoom for fine adjustments).
    And, not to forget, add vinyl impulse responses to your favorite IR convolution reverb to emulate the vinyl and worn needle response.