Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Borderlands Granular Suggestions

Hi All ...

I’m getting to grips with the new release of the above and loving it. After a few hours of use, esp as a live effect in an AUM rig, I have a couple of ideas for small adjustments which would make it even more useful for live use. I’ve sent these to Chris as well.

I’d be interested to see what y’all think ... please comment below.

1. The Solo cloud mode is great, but would be even more useful (and maybe intuitive) in reverse i.e. as a Mute control esp. when the number of clouds increases. The only way to mute a single cloud is to hold down all the others and press Mute, which will not be practical or even possible for large numbers of clouds, esp if they are moving.

2. Would be great if Solo/Mute worked for Sounds as well. Would mean being able to silence a sound easily which is not possible at the moment I don’t think.

3. Simple per-sound parameters ... esp Volume - there doesn’t seem to be a way to normalise recorded/imported sounds within the app, which means there is no way to balance the relative volume when clouds are playing multiple sounds, which happens frequently.

I introduced an Imported sample to a scene where most sounds were live recorded, and were getting gradually quieter as overdub level was about 75%, and the Imported sound was getting relatively louder until it started drowning everything else out.

1. For recording sounds, it would be great if there was an option to truncate the sample at the point where “-“ was pressed (like a looper pedal in and out points) rather than set recorded sample length on the Settings.