Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blank

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Why dont you just buy adapter cables?Stereo Jack<-->two mono jacks

• edited January 2017
  • Why output via apogee jam?

• edited January 2017
  • The jam is a mono device anyway. Just get a usb mixer.

• edited January 2017
  • I was gonna go the same route to record my instruments into my ipad. I recently bought a mackie profx12 mixer/interface. Cost $250. And the output on that was very low, so in return I got a lot of noise recording. I returned it. So I don't know how well a cheaper device will sound. I'm just gonna upgrade my interface instead.

• edited January 2017
  • Most of the small mixers have a bunch of stereo inputs, so they'll list a mixer as 12 channels when it's really 8 channel strips, 4 mono and 4 stereo.
    An example, and the mixer that pretty much created the small mixer market:
    http://www.mackie.com/products/ms1202vlz/

• edited January 2017
  • Because trs is a balanced cable, not stereo. I believe the jacks on that mackie are trs actually, but I may be wrong. Also, many devices have dual mono outs (creating stereo), so if the mixer had that you'd need an adapter the other way.
    There are mixers to be found on eBay that have stereo 1/8" jacks. I can't speak for quality though.
    The mackie 1202 is a great mixer though. Yamaha's version of the same is also really good.
    If you don't need xlr, you might also do well with a line mixer, which can sometimes have 16 stereo channels depending on model.

• edited February 2014

TRS can either be a balanced mono or unbalanced stereo. And TRS take less space than XLR.

• Behringer have a handy 8 ch stereo line mixer, but you'll have to accept getting cables with 2 mono 1/4 jacks at the ixer end (just like almost all other options, or RCA + adapters):

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-RX1602-16-Channel-Mixer/dp/B000CCS3UA/

It has a monitor send you can feed to your delay unit, with sterao return for that too.

• @Phil999 said:

TRS can either be a balanced mono or unbalanced stereo. And TRS take less space than XLR.

Yes, but on a mixer trs would typically refer to a balanced connection, not stereo.
    On this mixer, the 1/4" inputs are balanced, so you could use 2 1/4" balanced mono cables if you wish. However, many synths and other gear has unbalanced outputs, so the inputs take both.
    Then, inserts use a trs on one end and ts on each end of the split, to further confuse the issue, because the inserts are unbalanced.

In any event, I was just clarifying that, but I'm aware you would like one stereo jack as opposed to 2 mono jacks per channel. Check eBay for small line mixers, there are actually some with the inputs you want. I think the rolls boxes have them.

• edited January 2017
  • I've heard good things about the little Rolls 4 channel stereo mixer, no aux send though:

http://www.amazon.com/Rolls-ROLLS-MX44s-Mini-Mix-IV/dp/B00102VV46/

• This is 100 pounds and well spec'd: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-MG10-2-mixing-desk/dp/B000I1O192/ stereo channels, XLRs with inserts, inline compressor, aux send...

I know the monotribe and the volcas have 1/8 stereo headphone outs but are they actually outputting any stereo information or just dual mono?

• No, balanced means you have 3 wires, unbalanced 2 (hot and ground), balancing rejects hum. XLR typically are balanced as well(3 pins and trs serve the same function as long as inside it's wired the same). It has nothing to do with stereo or mono, even though the cables look the same on the outside because of the connectors.

The Yamaha mentioned above is what I was referring to, but if it's size that's a problem the Yamaha is HUGE, much bigger than the mackie.

Buyer beware with behringer, their mixers often hiss like a mofo. I had one that was ridiculously noisy, and had one on my pedalboard more recently that was ok, although the headphone amp was noisy sometimes. But it was okay and took a beating.

• edited January 2017
  • @AfxTwn said:

Well because that will then cut down the number of channels I have available on the mixer, I will only be able to plug two things in and I want to plug in 4 at least.

apologies,i did not realize that they have a stereo jack.

Well,since you started the thread i`m thinking myself to get all three volcas now :) I want a small portable solution and i find it interesting that i probably need no midi interface (i have an iPhone and iPad).Does anybody tried the WIST app to sync the volcas to iPad stuff?Is it tight?

• edited January 2017
  • I received all 3 volcas as a birthday gift a couple days ago and I must say I'm enjoying them immensely. Haven't tried to sync them with my ipad yet, but I will try today. For the price, they're well worth it. Add my microbrute and monotribe to the mix, nice cheap, fun all analog setup!

• Little OT:does the Microbrutes Sequencer sync via Gate in or only MIDI?Would be nice to sync em via Volca :)

• I'll vouch for the EIE. Just make sure you get the 16bit version, rather than the 24bit. The latter has some compatibility issues, I believe. I've run mine with four keyboard controllers, an electronic drum kit, a guitar, and a bass at the same time with no problems.

• Yes the brute sequencer will sync with the volcas. In the brute software editor the sequencer control has to be set to gate

• Sync via gate in that is ^^^

• So,could i use the Volca sync out->Gate in (Brute)?Thanks for your answer!

• Absolutely

• I second the http://www.amazon.com/Rolls-ROLLS-MX44s-Mini-Mix-IV/dp/B00102VV46/ I've had mine for a year and it works great for stereo devices, as it has both 1/4" and 1/8" Ins and Outs. I run two iPads, one iPod Touch, and a percussion pad (Roland HPD-10). The 9V battery option is also great, as that's one less power cable to deal with.

• @syrupcore said:

This is 100 pounds and well spec'd: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-MG10-2-mixing-desk/dp/B000I1O192/ stereo channels, XLRs with inserts, inline compressor, aux send...

I know the monotribe and the volcas have 1/8 stereo headphone outs but are they actually outputting any stereo information or just dual mono?

I have a slightly different version of this mixer and found it very reasonable with some good routing possibilities.