Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeepBoop is on the bus!

Comments

• edited February 2014

It´s from David Gamble who made some algorithms for Focusrite i believe and some awesome plugins like Compassion and Equilibrium.
    If it were not for his name i would never have gotten BeepBoop and i must say it is indeed very fun, simple and has a great sound.

The parameter range is kind of unusual sometimes. For example resonance at 1/3 already makes the filter selfresonate when a note is feeding the filter.

Feels very analog, no presets.

Enjoy :-) I am.

• edited March 2014

Not trying to sound like a fan boy nor do I know the developer or his history but WOW! This thing is wild. It's simple one page interface is great as it is very playable as the dials are very responsive. I can play this thing with all 10 fingers at the same time, turning dials and thumbs on the slider. Bravo Mr. Gamble, $2 well spent.

Thank you Simon for posting this and dreamrobe for confirming. I will post a video when I get it done.

• @syrupcore said:

That would be ok. Although I don't think that is its purpose, imagine a monotron with presets. You are ment to wildly turn dials.

• I just got this for my iPad and for some reason, it doesn't show up downloadable for my iPhone. I assumed it was universal but I guess its not! damn. o well, amazing sound. I love it.

• Oops, my apologies. I was wrong. For some reason it took quite awhile for my purchases to get to the cloud and back I guess... It IS universal!

• The iPhone version does not have the blank area above the keyboard, but it showed up on my phone also.

@gkillmaster try touching the dials with separate fingers, dragging your finger to the blank area above the keyboard and modulate away by slightly rolling your fingers. Excuse me if you already knew this.

• No, thanks for the tip! After playing with it a bit, I agree that it needs presets :) Man, the sound though!...

• Fierce & somewhat erratic, or maybe that's just me !

• No, not just you, I agree it is somewhat unpredictable. Part of its pleasure for me. Running it through aufx dub takes it to another level, but then again, dub seems to do that for a lot of apps:)

• I dig it. As for presets, I'll just do a screenshot if I find something particularly nice. Probably good enough for ballparking.

• Are there any sound samples of this anywhere? I like the iTunes description.

• edited March 2014

Alright, alright I bought it anyway. I just had to, after reading stuff like "VCF that can be heated" and "I just made frying bacon sound". And "WOW!" is right!.. can't believe how many hours I already killed with this "strange noise-making device". I wouldn't mind more crazy sound toys from this David Gamble person.